PDA

View Full Version : Will an OZ rear bumper fit my Jap S2000? urgent!

troys2000
06-10-2011, 12:05 PM
My car is a Jap import and getting repaired at the moment, I need to know if I can replace my jap rear bumper with the OZ one? Would prefer the OZ one as the number plate space is bigger and quicker to order in as the Jap one still has not arrived. Need to know asap please.

Thanks in advance!

vyets
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
should fit

i got a jdm rear on my aus :P jdm one is ftw! aus one so ugly

troys2000
06-10-2011, 12:11 PM
was no issues putting it on?
Just if I order it I am stuck with it.
Thanks for the speedy reply

MrJohn
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
whats the difference between the aus and jap rear bumper ?

troys2000
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Hopefully nothing other than the number plate space is alot smaller on the jap one. Can only just fit premium white with black letter plate in the space, even then i have scratches from the number plate hitting the sides of the space. When I got the car it had the larger yellow plates and it had bent edges to fit in there.

vyets
06-10-2011, 01:04 PM
jdm is ftw its so much cleaner.

nop no troubles fitting it man it's exactly the same. you just have to mount the number plate diffrently, just screw into rear bar, or double sided tape it.

s2kjn
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
jdm is ftw its so much cleaner.

nop no troubles fitting it man it's exactly the same. you just have to mount the number plate diffrently, just screw into rear bar, or double sided tape it.

^Confirming what he said. I had mine imported from Japland, and they just changed the garnish plate cover to fit it on nicely

troys2000
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Been looking at images and it seems just the number plate space is much larger on the oz. Is this what you mean re “cleaner”? So the number plate mount must be in a slightly different place too? Wonder if i have to screw to the bumper or stick it if i went from JDM to OZ if you know what i mean?

s2kjn. they changed the number plate space? or you just talking about where the plate screws into?

PS were talking AP1 just incase

s2kjn
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
yeh, they had to order the numberplate garnish to fit onto the rear bumper bar. They thought at first they could just remove my OZ plate garnish and put it on the JDM. But soon as they realised, they ordered it from Japland

troys2000
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry am confused with the term Garnish? Garnish can mean a number plate frame to go on your number plate, Or do you mean the space for the number plate on the bumper itself? or the bracket on which the number plate screws onto? Because the JDM bumper is all one piece no removable number plate section of the bumper.

s2kjn
06-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Because the JDM bumper is all one piece no removable number plate section of the bumper.

Really? When they gave me my car back initially, they just temporarily fitted my old NUMBER PLATE FRAME onto the the bumper bar, leaving big gaps on all corners surrounding where the plate mounts onto. Then, after 1 month or so, they said they finally got the 'garnish' from Japan and fitted it on nicely.

troys2000
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Yep all one piece no removable number plate section. Leaning towards the OZ one because easier for my repairer to get one to finish the job and my number plate wont mark the bumper with the extra room. As long as your sure it will fit

troys2000
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Well since no word if or when the jap bumper will arrive we have ordered an OZ one, should arrive this week. My brother in law who is a panel beater said his worked ordered a part from Japan as there was not any in OZ and it took 8 weeks! Japan is a bit slow it seems at the moment

ludecrs
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Earthquakes and tsunami's have that affect... =)