PDA

View Full Version : DIY Lipped Guards???

Steer^Gimic
16-02-2005, 07:00 AM
hey guys, i get alot of rubbing in my crex cause the wheels are a tad too wide and the car is a tad too low. only really happens when i push into corners. i got quoated to get them lipped and pumped, but i am racing next week and i need a temporary fix??
any ideas, tools or methods??
cheers

bennjamin
16-02-2005, 08:29 AM
short of runnign different offset wheels ( and width too) - or removing your front guards altogether , AFAIK , there is no other way to "roll" your guards other than gettign it done professionally.

Get it done right , the first time - just go get those fenders lipped :)

SPEEDCORE
16-02-2005, 08:36 AM
SPEEDCORE's "GHETTO" GUARD LIPPING..............

Steel pipe, jack the car up, put pipe between guard and tyre and roll the car forwards and back till the lip all is bent up.

I do not take any responsibility if you stuff up or your guards become like an accordian/concertina, hurt yourself or others in the process etc etc. Paint WILL crack even with heating from a hairdryer/heatgun.

You have been warned...... this is my ghetto style if you need a desperate fix cause you not gonna be able to reach a destination (had to drive 300kms) without the tyre blowing out due to shredding on the lip.
My advice.... put off racing till you sort it out.

egSi
16-02-2005, 08:55 AM
hahahahah^^^^ thats is the illest adrian!! :D:D

Steer^Gimic
16-02-2005, 05:02 PM
haha speedcore to be quite honest i tried this very very briefly, and i might have another stab. as long as im careful and dont crack the paint.

aimre
16-02-2005, 05:14 PM
i was walking down the street one day, chillin, as u do, when who should come up behind me but donald duck, well not really, was some guy whos wheels where rubbing the guards. he gut out, put his foot on the wheel grabbed the guard and PULLEd LOL

creativepunka
16-02-2005, 06:05 PM
i did it last nite and tried the old pipe trick but it was shit so i got a pair of plyers and bent bit by bit. it cracked a bit of paint but none near the spots you can see. it worked real well.

panda[cRx]
16-02-2005, 06:14 PM
i dont think guard rollers cost that much?

nobbs
17-02-2005, 12:49 PM
before guard rollers existed me and my mates used to roll guards with a small hammer. one the outside edge of the car just put ur hand firmly so u dont hammer too far and then just go at it.....try do it evenly along the guard and it turns out quite well...BTW i take no responsibility if u wreck ur car...

the same mate that we used to do that with now has a guard roller so its easier :p ...but yeh my suggestion is whichever way u do it u should heat up the paint with a hairdryer to help the paint "stretch"...

Steer^Gimic
17-02-2005, 05:06 PM
i did it last nite and tried the old pipe trick but it was shit so i got a pair of plyers and bent bit by bit. it cracked a bit of paint but none near the spots you can see. it worked real well.

i like the sound of that idea, but you obviously put like a cloth or something underneath the pliers on the body side yeh??

any idea where i could get guard rollers? some sort of kit is it??
cheers guys

panda[cRx]
17-02-2005, 05:12 PM
i saw an add for them in a car mag (one of the hot4's/fast fours kinda thing)

reyesone
19-02-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=698

Taken from www.team-integra.net a nice little article (including pics) explaining how to roll the fenders

Kawasaki
19-02-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=698

Taken from www.team-integra.net (http://www.team-integra.net/) a nice little article (including pics) explaining how to roll the fenders

Looks to be very effective :D

Steer^Gimic
20-02-2005, 11:04 AM
that does seem to be pretty affective!! im gonna have to get myself a baseball bat! thanks guys, give it a shot today.

creativepunka
20-02-2005, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Steer^Gimic]i like the sound of that idea, but you obviously put like a cloth or something underneath the pliers on the body side yeh??

haha na i just grabed the bit that sits parallel and bent it up. no cloths