PDA

View Full Version : Help with buying a new Jazz

Krushull
07-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey All

After narrowing down the car I want to buy to a Jazz after our Civic was written off a few weeks :( ago I was wondering what the current deals are like for the Jazz? We are looking at a newer model 10/11 VTi but only have around 18k to spend and preferably need an Auto. Don't mind if it has a few k's on it but not too many, maybe an ex demo etc.

Am I dreaming or is that a possible deal at the moment with runouts happening?

Cheers for any assistance

GU357
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
maybe not a 10/11 year try an 08-09 got a decent chance.
the new ones all look the same to me.

for about 14k i think u can get a second hand one.

ACE888
07-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Krushull, are you in Sydney?

I might be in the market for a new Jazz in this month, and if I was to proceed, maybe we could hit a dealer and bargain hard if we get two cars at once.

taxi
07-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi Krushall,
I think you can get a new 2011 Gli, basic paint, auto for $19k. (From honda.com.au)
http://jazz.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx
With that being said though, you could always look at second hand VTi's.
I'm pretty sure that anything before 2009 you'll be able to find around 18k.
I suggest the newer GE models (after 2008) as opposed to the GD
the GE's got a facelift this year but a pre facelift VTI looks heaps better than a facelifted Gli.

GU357
07-10-2011, 10:24 PM
we already know he wants a GE despite that GD's have more of a following and better gearbox.

should be very easy to pick up a 08-10 model VTi for under 18k

fillit
08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
we already know he wants a GE despite that GD's have more of a following and better gearbox.

should be very easy to pick up a 08-10 model VTi for under 18k

beg to differ, gd cvt gearbox is a puddle of misery... manual is indifferent

taxi
08-10-2011, 11:24 AM
yeah, OP wanted auto which means CVT. and CVT has had a bad reputation (for GD models)

GU357
08-10-2011, 11:57 AM
yeh in some cases, but mine still works fine, and the CVT transmission with the 7 speed mode is perfectly matched for the jazz's engine.
i recognise that the CVT has had a bad rep but if you buy a second hand CVT GD3 from a honda dealer with warranty your in pretty good hands.

Krushull
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the responses. In the end I bit the bullet and chucked a deposit on a brand new Jazz auto MY12 VTi. $21500 drive away with a few extras, not the best deal out there and fair way over budget but after driving it just had to get one. Sure beats the i30 rental I am currently driving around. :D

GU357
08-10-2011, 05:43 PM
man a horse n cart would beat an i30 :P

Krushull
08-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Too right. The gearbox in the i30 makes the Jazz's feel like a dream, it seems to get confused no matter what you tell it to do. Feels like your in a manual car with a 90 year old L plater driving it. :D

ss-rotel
11-10-2011, 11:14 AM
meh... learn to drive manual :)

it's a CVT, all CVT's feel mushy... it's a shame you can't a DSG like the VW boxes...

GU357
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
cvt doesnt feel mushy at all, imo a regular auto feels mushy because of the way its not always in the gear u want, the CVT is always holding you at a spot for best torque and such

Krushull
11-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I've driven manual for 14 years in a car and on a motorbike :P. Definately prefer it but the girlfriend has knee problems so she refuses to drive one.

taxi
11-10-2011, 01:28 PM
congrats on ur purchase Krushall, now any plans for it??

GU357
11-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I've driven manual for 14 years in a car and on a motorbike :P. Definately prefer it but the girlfriend has knee problems so she refuses to drive one.

tell her to get her own LOL

Krushull
13-10-2011, 02:58 PM
well when the dealer finally delivers it.. no major plans. Might rice it up a bit :D

Really want to put a rear spoiler on it though, definately makes a big difference to the look of the Jazz imo.

ss-rotel
14-10-2011, 02:39 PM
cvt doesnt feel mushy at all, imo a regular auto feels mushy because of the way its not always in the gear u want, the CVT is always holding you at a spot for best torque and such

*shrugg*

I've always had a manual car, and i've been on the road pushing 20 yrs now, (hell...), hate autos. That said, i've not driven the CVT in the jazz, but the ones i have driven were poo.

our VW Tiguan has the 6speed DSG, and it's awesome. fast gear change, auto hold, (applys the brakes while stopped, and as soon as it detects movement disengages), which = fast @ the lights... but i'd rather a manual.

GU357
18-10-2011, 08:33 PM
in the S mode CVT really quicks ass, if u blip the throttle and then accelerate the revs auto jump and the acceleratioon is almost instant.

ACE888
18-10-2011, 09:28 PM
our VW Tiguan has the 6speed DSG, and it's awesome. fast gear change, auto hold, (applys the brakes while stopped, and as soon as it detects movement disengages), which = fast @ the lights... but i'd rather a manual.

Well the current DSG, and the one before that, are sooo much advanced now than, say, 9 years ago when the original Jazz was released back in late 2002. But in any instance, it's unfair to compare cars in that different price range and categories... not that you were comparing, rather than just giving your example/experience.

in the S mode CVT really quicks ass, if u blip the throttle and then accelerate the revs auto jump and the acceleratioon is almost instant.

If you ever take the Jazz onto a track day (just for fun and which I have done so in the past) then putting the CVT into S mode, with paddle shift, is blooooody fun! When in S it keeps the revs at least 3,500rpm, so once you need to power out of a corner, you're instantly in the Jazz's pulling range of at least 4,000 rpm till redline.

GU357
18-10-2011, 10:00 PM
If you ever take the Jazz onto a track day (just for fun and which I have done so in the past) then putting the CVT into S mode, with paddle shift, is blooooody fun! When in S it keeps the revs at least 3,500rpm, so once you need to power out of a corner, you're instantly in the Jazz's pulling range of at least 4,000 rpm till redline.

I like this :thumbsup:

ouch
18-10-2011, 10:00 PM
the cvt is a lot more fun, with a lot more torque and energy. normal auto driving is a bit dull, but the jazz does have a lot of gut to it when put right.