PDA

View Full Version : Any S2000s on Forum Running Nitrous Oxide?

VeYzZii
07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey guys. It really seems like the whole NOS scene has died out. It wasnt long ago where almost all of my cousins cars where running Nitrous.
I was just wondering how many people here with S2000s are running Nitrous, wet or dry, and have they had any problems..?? Cheers.

vtec23Q
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
LOL ur actually srs about it

VeYzZii
08-10-2011, 12:02 AM
LOL ur actually srs about it

LOL Oath Arbash man. Nah not yet, just want some information for now. haha

DakDak
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
-From what I've gathered you can run like 50 shot without an ecu tune, and it'd be safe for your engine too.
-It's illegal to cruise around with your bottle connected to your system.
-Im looking in Zex systems. Check out Yank forums. Heaps of info.

ludecrs
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I had a zex kit but never installed it and sold it.

VeYzZii
09-10-2011, 06:37 PM
-From what I've gathered you can run like 50 shot without an ecu tune, and it'd be safe for your engine too.
-It's illegal to cruise around with your bottle connected to your system.
-Im looking in Zex systems. Check out Yank forums. Heaps of info.

Yea, ive come to same conclusion. Ive sent an email to the RTA about running NOS because everytime I call them they dick me around. Waiting for their reply. As long as theres no fine for having the system set up in the car, i really want to get the kit.

I had a zex kit but never installed it and sold it.

Why is that??

ludecrs
10-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I didn't like the way I would of had to connect it to the S/c kit.

VeYzZii
12-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I didn't like the way I would of had to connect it to the S/c kit.

Hmm. Fair enough. How much did you sell it for if you dont mind me asking? And in QLD it is illegal to have nitrous installed in the car isnt it?

ludecrs
12-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Installed? No. Connected, yes.
Sold it for $500, what I paid for it.

VeYzZii
16-10-2011, 01:27 AM
After these series of emails with the RTA, ive concluded it is not illegal to have the nos setup, as long as the direct path is blocked off or disconnected.. It was quiet obvious that this fellow Kevin did not want to cooperate. His answers where short, indirect and un-informative. I asked him numerous times for an article or text written from the RTA in there little rule book theyre always using against us, but he sent nothing back. Here are the emails sent and recieved, please tell me what you guys would conclude from what has been said, as talking to this bloke is killing me.

ME: Hi there. My question is regarding the use of nitrous oxide in street registered vehicles in NSW. I have come across this on an Australian based website regarding the law:

"a road registered vehicle fitted with nitrous oxide must have the
system modified so that the bottle is properly secured in the brackets
provided and isolated from the engine , and the supply line to the engine is physically blocked
off with an approved A-1 Performance disarming kit whilst the vehicle is being street
driven."

I would like to confirm this article with a reliable source. And also, if you could send me the article regarding Nitrous Oxide use and instalment on NSW registered cars.

Regards,
Veysi.

HIM: Vesyi (Yes he even spelt my name wrong)

The H/way Patrol has approached Work cover, NSW Fire and EPA all agree that it is not appropriate for road vehicles to be fitted with Nitrous, as such the manager of RTA vehicle regulations has deemed it illegal to have nitrous oxide fitted to NSW registered vehicles.

Regards Kevin.

ME: Can you be more specific please. For the NSW Fire to get involved it must be the issue of having a bottle connected and being used. The article i sent says thats having a system of delivery of Nitrous to the Manifold is legal, but having the nitrous bottle connected at the time is illegal. So are you trying to say the delivery system is illegal, the nitrous bottle connected to the delivery system, or is it illegal to have either? I am not trying to be rude or stubborn, i would just like to get to the bottom of it.

HIM: Veysi.

Yes it is illegal.

ME: Kevin,
I need to know what exactly is illegal. From my understanding and what you have told me so far, i have concluded that: it is ILLEGAL for the Nitrous bottle to BE IN USE. But it is not illegal to have the system installed, neither is it illegal to have the Nitrous bottle secured in the boot. So basically the delivery system can be set up. Aslong as the Nitrous bottle is not setup and in direct link with the engine. Which would be what the first article implied. I am an enthusiast, and not planning to use Nitrous on the street. Also, i would like to obtain an article or whatever is written about the law please.
Regards,
Veysi.

HIM: Veysi.

It is illegal to use in a NSW registered vehicle.

You need to contact the EPA regards the carriage of dangerous goods.

Regards Kevin.

armak81
17-10-2011, 03:38 PM
yeah I know of a black s2000 running nitrous since 2001. The car was insane.
I don't know much about the setup but the guy won a heap of races.
It was so long ago I don't know what happened to the car now.
This one time I saw his car up against a fairly modded white VW and came back from behind to take the win. Was nuts, couldn't believe it.
Unsure if he had a wet or dry setup, but I remember talking to him about his setup and how he engineered it so he could manually trigger the nitrous with switches on his steering wheel. Sort of like "boost in a can" effect.
I think you should seriously consider doing it, at least look into it.

GSi_PSi
17-10-2011, 07:59 PM
lmao ^

vyets
19-10-2011, 07:18 AM
This one time I saw his car up against a fairly modded white VW and came back from behind to take the win. Was nuts, couldn't believe it.
Unsure if he had a wet or dry setup, but I remember talking to him about his setup and how he engineered it so he could manually trigger the nitrous with switches on his steering wheel. Sort of like "boost in a can" effect.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL fkn Randall i believed you for a second hahaha

VeYzZii
19-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Oh yea.