PDA

View Full Version : VIC Cameras

m3ntAL_l2
08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
On my way home last night, went through a intersection while car on my right was speeding and camera flashed

He was less than half car length in front or abt the same position with me when we went through, just wonder if I will get a fine? Can camera identify which car was speeding?

I got a feeling his number plate might of been blocked by my car

Thx

Raztaz
08-10-2011, 09:28 AM
similar thing has happened to me, speeding car was going past me through the intersection and it flashed, i was between him and the camera. I never got a fine

Stig
08-10-2011, 09:57 PM
they take two photos, the faster car usually have the greatest distance apart between the two photos

also they have sensors wouldnt they? to determine which lane set off the camera

votek
08-10-2011, 10:37 PM
isnt you only getting speeding ticket if there is only 1 car in the picture?

mugen_ctr
09-10-2011, 12:29 AM
im not sure how speed cameras work im assuming its all about the timing and the sensors built into the road to co-ordinate how fast you are going, but similar thing happened to me, but i was the one speeding, i ended up getting the ticket

But im pretty sure the cameras are setup at the optimum angle where it can always take a photo of both cars/trucks regardless of the positions of the cars in accordance to the photos.

rubixcube
09-10-2011, 02:14 AM
The cameras themselves cannot determine which car was speeding, the person who reviews the photos is supposed to be able to do that. When 2 cars are in a picture, technically neither person should receive a fine, it's unfair. The police will attempt to tell you otherwise, and say that the camera CAN pick which car it is, but that's bullcrap. If you do get a notice in the mail, and there are 2 cars in the photo, challenge it.

pablos8
09-10-2011, 02:27 AM
From what I understood is that the sensors in the road will determine which car or lane was speeding at the time of the photo.

rubixcube
09-10-2011, 02:53 AM
ooohh I didn't read that part, I thought he meant a mobile speed camera. Yeah the timing loops in the road (should be) are different in each lane

mugen_ctr
09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
so really with fixed camera's, u cant get away than im assuming?

rubixcube
09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
you could try, I'm not quite sure how you'd go about such a thing. They're supposed to be more accurate than mobile speed cameras

khanguskhan
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
top gear did the test that you can dodge it at a certain speed the camera wont get a clear shot of yo, they used a lambo LOL

marquee
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
thats was at 250km an hour or something crazy

akira
11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
or they can be dodgy and fine both of you guys without you knowig.if you do get a fine, ask for photo evidence and then argue it.