PDA

View Full Version : Cracked radiator

gamgam
09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey guys a while since my last post...

So my radiator has a crack it in somewhere and is leaking fluid. When I took it to Hanny's I got told I would need to get it replaced and that's gonna cost $400 for them to do it. I wanted to know a) does anyone know where I can get a cheaper one and b) is it ok for me to keep topping the fluid with deionised water until I get the new one.

Cheers

AusS2000
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
The crack is in the plastic end tanks. A radiator repair place will change these for about $200 I believe. Or you can try your luck with a Chinese made EBay sourced 3 core radiator. I have one and it's fine.

NES52K
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey gamgam,
agreed with AUS, I think it's common I had the same thing after i did a flush the bottom tank wasn't happy so I just replaced it for the $300 mark,

good luck!

ludecrs
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
The crack is in the plastic end tanks. A radiator repair place will change these for about $200 I believe. Or you can try your luck with a Chinese made EBay sourced 3 core radiator. I have one and it's fine.

I have one too, and it just so happens to be for sale....

gamgam
10-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Thought about this, how long does it take to come from China? and do you have any sellers you would recommend?

I have one too, and it just so happens to be for sale....

Hmmm interesting... would prefer a new one but how long have you had it, how much were you looking for and an est on shipping would be good :D

AusS2000
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I can't remember how long it took but not long. Can't remember who I bought it from though. I'd go for Ludes and screw him on price. ;)

gamgam
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Ended up getting one from ebay hopefully its good quality. Thanks for the help guys.