PDA

View Full Version : i think i'm going to sell my car

ALPS
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
i really don't want to. i really love my baby, but i think i have to sell it.

Think it's time to grow up and put my money towards my future.

It's just a tough position to be in as my car still needs a respray and new roof.

I need to get it resprayed and a new roof before anyone would consider buying it. But by the time i spend the money on getting that done i wont get even a quarter of what i've already spent on the car, it'll be soo clean and perfect that i wouldnt be able to let go of it. i could've bought 2 s2ks with what i've spent.

It's had it's diff replaced, gearbox replaced, clutch replaced, brakes replaced, heavy duty axles, starter motor replaced and BC Racing Coils. The sweetest sound system i paid 3000 for, even when the top is off, cruising on the highway, i hear it loud and clear. I've got a new set of wheels on the way from WORK Japan. Paid 3gs for wheels and tyres from here.

I want to leave work and go back to school and study and eventually be 100 times wealthier than i am now so i can actually buy an AP2 s2 and spend as much money on it as i can without stress of being broke!

I dunno, i'm not posting this as an ad, therefore i didn't put it in the cars for sale post. Just thought i'd share my current situation.

let me know what you guys think.

dwbrah
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I know where your coming from man... wanting to spend on your car but at the same time trying to balance the little cash you have left. But I'm actually on the same boat as you. I'm 19 currently working atm, trying not to spend all my money on my S and trying to invest in some property or save for the future, but I too am thinking of leaving work and studying for the exact same reason =p.

To be honest though, you've spent so much on your car that it's not really worth selling (because of how much you'll lose). But I understand it's hard to make a choice whether to let it go or not. How bout you just fix what's left to fix and keep it, work for a couple more months to save a bit more cash then decide whether you really do want to continue studying.

LEWD
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
well done for being 'mature' but dont forget, you're only young once....

If you are smart, you can have your cake and eat it too.

dlai5552
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Are both you guys on your P's? Hence, isn't it a little too early to be thinking about the future and buying house? lol
that's just my thoughts as I'm same age as well, and loving life with the s2k.

khanguskhan
11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Hey man after reading your situation, I know it's a little bit hard but maybe leave the paint as is fix the top and use the car for whatever it's still got left? Just make sure you touch up so no rusting happens? I know it sounds stuffed but it's probably the best for you to save towards the next car?

ALPS
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe i should add that i pulled out a 30g loan for this car end of last year. i still owe over 25gs for it, because any money that i have had come in to pay it off has had to be spent on other crap!! this car should have been payed off by now. but no, everything had to stuff up on it! lol. my luck is cursed.

ALPS
11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Even if i sell it, i will still be left with a debt and no car!!

dwbrah
11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Even if i sell it, i will still be left with a debt and no car!!

Exactly =p why don't you just fix what's left to be fixed and keep the car then start paying off your debt.. unless of course there's still a **** load to fix.. then you can sell the car and put the money towards your debt lol

ALPS
11-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok i think i've made up my mind. Gonna start living like the biggest broke tight arrse barstard! get mommy to make me lunch for work. wake up early have my proper brekky in the morning. take fruit and snacks from home. no more alcohol. no more going out and eating take away. maybe one a month and thats it.!! start saving my but off! i'm going to fit my new wheels onto my car, sell my old mags. eventually fix the roof and then thats it. no more mods, just save save save.!

NES52K
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Good luck anyways man!, save but have as much fun as you can in the meantime :)

khanguskhan
11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
goodluck man you'll pull through!

ALPS
11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys! i need a lot of good luck!

Vicks
11-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey alps, don't worry man I'm in the same boat. I'm 20, I just bought a s2k and I'm in so much strife atm. The term "baller" given to p platers who drive s2000s really do apply; I pay $3,000 for insurance / year, plus paying off the loan. What's worse is that I have a daily too! I can probably buy another one in 4-5 years! Stick with it man, I'm taking up a part time job just to support my addiction.

s2kjn
11-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Keep ur head uP man. U wanna b mature? Work full time study at night. I dunno how half the p platers afford to own an s. I got off my ps in April this yr, but owned my s2k 16mths prior to that and was working ft and studying ft. I've had very similar problems with my s the same that u have, and have just managed to pull thru most of them slowly, but there are a few biggies left to sort out. Also, I didn't get a loan for it so it was much easier for me to pay for the issues I had, mind u the year before took forever to save!! It's really uP to u dude, but if I were u, like others have said, you've come this far man, get what really needs to be done as ur first priority, then worry bout the rest :)

ALPS
11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Keep ur head uP man. U wanna b mature? Work full time study at night. I dunno how half the p platers afford to own an s. I got off my ps in April this yr, but owned my s2k 16mths prior to that and was working ft and studying ft. I've had very similar problems with my s the same that u have, and have just managed to pull thru most of them slowly, but there are a few biggies left to sort out. Also, I didn't get a loan for it so it was much easier for me to pay for the issues I had, mind u the year before took forever to save!! It's really uP to u dude, but if I were u, like others have said, you've come this far man, get what really needs to be done as ur first priority, then worry bout the rest :)

Thanks dude! i think i will. even if my car has to sit unused in the back yard. i'm thinking of getting a run around car so i stop using the S soo much and causing more and more problems all the time. my lil bro is saving for a car when he turns 16 in feb. might help him save and get something decent that i can drive aorund as well.

Simmoyo
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Screw that you're not going to drive anything but your chariot :P. just be easy on it for now and don't blow unnecessary cash on it!. Maybe get a long term loan (30 years) and secure it with something so you pay lower interest. I'm a finance major so I can give you some advice on how to lower your monthly payments.

I'm 21 and finishing uni in a month but I work semi full-time as well. I rate studying and working is the way to go, work 3 days a week and study 2.

Like everyone says, don't give up unless you have no choice... rock on!!!!

p.s. ill buy your wheels

MrJohn
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
yea im the same atm, just turn 21, had this s2k for a year! i love it but kinda stressed out of money shit too.. but i never got a loan so im pretty happy =P
3 years of saving got a s2k, a shitty golf as my daily and! study business management atm too and i work 5 days a week nearly >.<.

drsilliez
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
so many young ones with s2000.

damn im a doctor and i cant even afford mods =P lol serious......

pablos8
11-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Scary aye, I'm 20 about to buy an S haha

Guess I'm going to have to budget extremely well to manage the mod bug lol

dlai5552
12-10-2011, 01:11 AM

Coz you're probably too busy with epic assets. Sell me one of your mansions :P haha just kidding.

ALPS
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Screw that you're not going to drive anything but your chariot :P. just be easy on it for now and don't blow unnecessary cash on it!. Maybe get a long term loan (30 years) and secure it with something so you pay lower interest. I'm a finance major so I can give you some advice on how to lower your monthly payments.

I'm 21 and finishing uni in a month but I work semi full-time as well. I rate studying and working is the way to go, work 3 days a week and study 2.

p.s. ill buy your wheels

Yer maybe i should extend the period. it's at 7 years with 6 and 2 months remaining. i'll give the bank a call. i can make the repayments and still have cash spare but it's the extra expense the car keeps costing me that leaves me broke. it's not a couple hundred dollars. it's always a few gs the car costs me. they're such a high maintenance car.

MrJohn
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Yer maybe i should extend the period. it's at 7 years with 6 and 2 months remaining. i'll give the bank a call. i can make the repayments and still have cash spare but it's the extra expense the car keeps costing me that leaves me broke. it's not a couple hundred dollars. it's always a few gs the car costs me. they're such a high maintenance car.

yea i no how u feel man.. i got a 2k rebuild on the gearbox soon and im cut.. got paid 3/4 this week and i have to blow it into it.. du ma.. but end of the day im guessing its worth it

ALPS
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM

p.s. ill buy your wheels

Longest term any bank does on a personal loan is 7 years. which is what i've already got.

MrJohn
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Longest term any bank does on a personal loan is 7 years. which is what i've already got.

fukk how much interest do you pay on top??
i never got a loan before i always save my money to buy. i did alright saved 20k in a year..madd asian tightass noodle everyday LOL

gamgam
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Trying for postgrad med (2012 entrance) and considering selling as well. You reckon I'll be able to keep it with me until becoming an intern?

Simmoyo
12-10-2011, 09:11 PM
You probably have an unsecured personal loan at about 16.5% interest per annum. I'd recommend asking your parents to be a beneficiary, that way it would be secured and then be around 7% per annum. You can extend your loan period if you can make a deal with your parents and redraw 30k from their mortgage, pay off your loan, then start contributing towards your parents mortgage... just chucking it out there

whitecomet07
05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
You probably have an unsecured personal loan at about 16.5% interest per annum. I'd recommend asking your parents to be a beneficiary, that way it would be secured and then be around 7% per annum. You can extend your loan period if you can make a deal with your parents and redraw 30k from their mortgage, pay off your loan, then start contributing towards your parents mortgage... just chucking it out there

Very realistic and good advice!! You will shit your pants on how much money you end up saving. Win win for you n your parents. One advice from me, if you going to mod car... Or buy car, make sure you have money up front.. Taking up loan is never a good idea. Just too much interest and headache. Imagine 5 days working. 1 day for tax, 1 day for interest, 1 day for loan repayment, you really have 2 days money for yourself at the end...

Hasbeen
09-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Did someone see you coming ALPS, & flog you a pile of garbage? For $30,000 you should have found a decent car. For that money I found an S with less than 30K on it, & in mint condition.

Even if you were sold a pup, with the work you have done, the thing should now be able to give some years of reliable service. I see no sense in selling what should now be a good car.

If you did not buy a heap of rubbish, perhaps it's time to look at your driving technique. One can be very quick, without being harsh on the machinery.

My son has finally learnt this lesson. After spitting out 4 diffs we built something he couldn't break, only to have him spit the gearbox out. Fortunately he has now learnt to drive just as quickly, but with a little more sympathy for the machinery. Even with a 40% increase in power, it is 4 years since he last broke the car.

I raced an F11 Brabham back in the day. I often ended up on the podium in F1 races, not because there were not F1s faster than my F11, but because so many drivers broke their cars.

Not only did my car finish every race it started, it also set lap records at every track I raced at in the dry, so I was not driving slowly to save the thing.

Driving very quickly, without over stressing the car is perhaps the greatest skill in motoring. It is one very much worth learning, particularly when one is lucky enough to drive a car as great, but as highly stressed as an S2000.

Soap box folded.

whitecomet07
09-11-2011, 07:19 AM
he is trying to seek out opinions on his hardships with his journey with his s2000. hes not here to listen to you brag about how you and your son win race... yes his driving skills may need to change, yes his car may not be good with the money he spent, he knows that. but half of what you write is about yourself. please show some empathy. its not all about you.

Bludger
09-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Are both you guys on your P's? Hence, isn't it a little too early to be thinking about the future and buying house? lol
that's just my thoughts as I'm same age as well, and loving life with the s2k.
It's never too early to buy a house.

ALPS
09-11-2011, 08:26 AM
yes at the start i may have been a bit harsh and not known how to properly use the clutch and do proper gear changes as it is my first high powered rear wheel car. but after having the car for almost 12 months now. i have most certainly almost learnt all the characteristics of my car as it is my daily. Only thing that has changed is my handling because i've changed to coils. i even heel toe and rpm match to the gear i will be going down to and pretty much hit it on the spot each time, use that extra fuel to have less stress on the driveline. Congrats with the F11 i'm happy for you.

Hasbeen
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Perhaps your English comprehension is a little different to mine Whitecomet, but I was trying to point out that it is not "girly" & doesn't have to be slow, to drive with sympathy for the machinery. I also suggested that after upgrading the transmission, at great expense, it would be a pity for ALPS to pass the advantage of that expenditure to a new owner.

For brevity I did not mention that my first "high performance" sports car, a Morgan +4 weighed only 750 Kg, & had a gearbox & diff from a near 2 ton Jaguar, to handle its vast 100 BHP. An MG B, a little heavier, had only 90 BHP to put through its transmission, so the cars of my day could handle a bit more hamfisted efforts by their young & learning drivers. This is perhaps why so many broke their racing cars when they got one. Most performance cars, today don't have such a wide safety margin in their mechanicals, although we could only dream of the quality of modern engines.

The same also applies to learning to drive modern high performance cars, particularly for those coming from a small front drive hatch. With very grippy tyres, & highly tuned suspensions, & very adequate power, the modern performance car is going very quickly when it looses traction. With 4 inch wide wheels, cart springs, & cross ply tyres, our things were going so much more slowly, that we had a pretty good chance of catching the tail the first few times it went waltzing off across the road. There after we had some experience to apply, to help stay on the road.

When I compare the performance of my old TR [Triumph] classic, to my S2000 I can only wonder that more first time owners don't disappear backwards into the scenery.

I was hoping that my post could save some, like my son, some expense. The fact that a car can do burnouts at will, does not mean it can do them very often before incurring considerable expense. Sympathy for the machinery will pay handsomely.

Perhaps Whitecomet, if you were to apply a little sympathy, & generosity to your reading skills, you may gain the true meaning & full value for your time spent.

Good luck ALPS, I hope you manage to keep that car you love.

whitecomet07
09-11-2011, 12:07 PM
here you are talking about yourself again... i didnt even bother to go through the essay you prepared.

anyway its ALPS thread i prefer not to spam it if you cant get over your life story over others.

i think what he is trying to let everyone know here his "financial hardship" not the way he drives or look after his car. we all know he loves it to bits. like other guys suggested ways to accommodate his hardship with alternative financial arrangement while keeping his car may be useful. you teaching him how to drive or how you did in your race is totally irrelevant to my perception. just what help did you do to help him keep his car while buying a house and study at the same time? enough said, no more keyboard warrior mate.

whitecomet07
09-11-2011, 12:09 PM
and to your hotheaded comment i did hold a degree of literature on top of my dental degree. thank you. its internet im not writing a master thesis to please your eyes. get over it.

barefootbonzai
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
dam way to much to read through. Just sell the car. Easy as pie :)

s2krazie
09-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Whitecomet you're dumb as shit, just saying.

Entertainment ensues.

sae
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
^i'm with blue s2k

Hasbeen
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Whitecomet I was setting lap records when you were in nappies, or perhaps when your parents were in nappies. Do you really think I could give a damn what a fool like you thinks of me.

I can only assume you are jealous that I went racing, while you went swanning around some uni dreaming about it.

A quick look at our forum names should give anyone, who has the time to waste, an idea of how seriously we take ourselves. I would have thought anyone with a degree in literature would have considered how big headed you sound, but who cares.

I'm sure it helps you pull teeth.

I was just hoping that if some of our young owners knew that you can be kind to the car, & still win races, they could be a winner in all things .

ALPS, sorry to sound off on your thread. Do understand I was sympathising, nor criticizing. Our cars today are so much harder to learn in, & so much easier to damage due to their power & performance. It does sound as if you have put in the effort & lerant from your troubles.

I would love to see youngsters buying our type of cars spend some time in go karts, even commercial hire ones. There they could make the mistakes we could get away with on the road, without damaging their car, or themselves.

Do keep & enjoy that car if you possibly can. When I got out of my last racing car, it was over 30 years before I had another really enjoyable drive. Hope you don't have to wait so long.

ALPS
09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Lol i just find it funny that everyone just assumes that because it's a rear wheel car, it has power, it's diff and gearbox and clutch is stuffing up, he's 20 he's on Ps he's a male, must be doing burnouts. I do not got joy out of burnouts or skating and much rather enjoy taking turns hard and pushing the car as far as i can and taking the right apex. I've owned three go karts to date and i currently still have a Yamaha 100s (alot more powerful than the hire karts.)

That is why i get soo frustrated and upset, the fact that i am not thrashing the car and it is still playing up. i've just been unlucky with the parts and mechanics and neighbour hood i've dealt with..

I work in a law firm, so I do know how to type up a properly punctuated and a grammatically correct line of text. But hey, it's jsut a forum.. big deal.

whitecomet, some people like to expand on their stories to try and get their point across in detail (which i tend to do alot). whereas sometimes it's just like cbf, i dont wanna hear it. both you and hasbeen, please dont take it to heart and have a grudge on eachother. This forum is here for people to share and discuss things. if you don't like it just ignore it and don't make a deal about it.

whitecomet07
09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
yes point taken. i did not hold grudge to anyone. read my reply i did not in anyway insulted anyone. where the particular member can only use insult and immature words to his own defense. its your thread. you got the final word.

AusS2000
09-11-2011, 05:02 PM
i did hold a degree of literature

I assume the past tense was intended.

ALPS
09-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I assume the past tense was intended.

lmao. why aus? you always have a smart ass remark to make.

AusS2000
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Coz he doesn't seem to be using in the present.

l__i__l
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
fark i love forums

at meets everyone is all nice and all "bro"....this and all fully sik that

once they get home and get on the internet...somehow all turn into harvard graduates.

Btw OP I think you should sell the car....you can always buy another one later down the road.

AusS2000
09-11-2011, 08:23 PM
harvard graduates.

Pffft, I don't even see much evidence of a secondary school education.

And I'm as big an ass in person.

ALPS
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
loll.... aus... i hope to meet you one day. you're a legend

sae
09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
My personal opinion regarding your situation..

Lets lay everything out.

1) You have a big loan to repay
2) From what i gather you're still quite young
3) This car has caused you problems after problems

Most logical sense to me is to get rid of it, pay off your loan. Come back and buy another s2000 with your own money you have saved. You seem to always be wanting things, adding mods to your car even in your current financial state.

Yes, some people take loans to buy cars. It sometimes does make sense if they can use the money 'saved' for a higher return to earn a positive spread over the interest paid on the loan. It doesn't seem to be this way in your case.

Just my 2c.

euromandeluxe
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
coz he doesn't seem to be using in the present.

loll!

tay113
09-11-2011, 11:32 PM
HI, i am sure with what you have gone through your experience at your age and plenty of advice from caring s2000 members,you will be alright .Its best to take it as a learning curve as i have learnt that too than in the late 70s,80s,90s.Oops.Not 21st century.Wish you well .
cheers tay

ALPS
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
i'm selling it! time to get rid of it. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?158338-That-s-it.-Selling-my...

MrJohn
06-12-2011, 05:03 PM
dw sold mine last week to someone from victoria =(

fufu
07-12-2011, 07:30 AM
dw sold mine last week to someone from victoria =(

:thumbsup:

Bludger
07-12-2011, 07:32 AM
:thumbsup:
post pictures of your dc2r, would love to see it :)

AusS2000
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM
post pictures of your dc2r, would love to see it :)

You really think this is the thread for that?

Bludger
08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
You really think this is the thread for that?
I got MAD love 4 Pac like so many round da' world!

He stayed true to himself and through him U can learn so so much.

He knew this.

In the true/spiritual sense Pac was a 'Celestial child',like Elvis,Ghandi,Bob Marley and many more who chose to come here to help in the 'correction process'.

'Hell on Earth' - That's where Pac grew up.He exposed many demons to those with open eyes.

If U look and think hard enough and truely desire the answers/truth to the mystery of Pac you shall receive.

Pac knew this too,offcoasre.U see the more U learn about him,the more U know,he knows,he knows EXACTLY the score.

Pac said to not give up on him no matter how twisted it gets with the media and all,to have faith,because I know there where times that a part of me doubted his character but through these 'events' that seamed to continually happen to pac,so much was learnt.

Finially U learn Pac biggest challenge was staying true to himself,this was a Great challenge indeed,this was his true path and he knew it.Did he succeed?

Did he what!

Oh yes,he passed with flying colours!

Much Darkness has been brought into the light.

And we all know the dark cannot exist where the light is.

Thank U Tupac Amaru Shakur,much love.

AusS2000
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here.

ALPS
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Lmao wtf? Can you tell pac to buy my car please

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

s2kjn
09-12-2011, 08:04 AM
What a crack head.

ALPS
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Price Drop!!

18k as is

jowjeh
11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Price Drop!!

18k as is

'sif your selling it after today you crazy ****!

ALPS
21-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Sold the car last night! :( my baby is gone. but to a lovely owner who i'm sure will do it up neatly. He is on the forums and has had many Hondas. Upto him if he wants to let you guys know. i wont be mentioning who exactly.

s2kjn
22-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Well done on the sale mate. So what's next?

Bludger
25-12-2011, 01:02 PM
And I'm as big an ass in person.
so am I :)

good luck with your endeavors ALPS

aozora
25-12-2011, 05:39 PM
How did this turn into a 6 page thread...