PDA

View Full Version : windows get stuck on the way up?

manrag
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey, when i put my windows up in my DC2R, they both go up really slowly and passenger side window usually gets stuck a bit past halfway, how can i fix it so that they don't go up so slow and don't get stuck? Thanks.

BennyH
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Your window regulators stuffed im quite sure. Common for the EM1s also. Just hunt around or wreckers for 2nd hand ones.

Alexplicit
11-10-2011, 08:19 PM
if they still work, i dont think they would be stuffed first thing i would try is this

clean out the tracks with degreaser make sure it goes all the way down the tracks into the door then wipe as much as you can clean, then you have 2 options

graphite powder or silicone spray

if your real keen try em both :D

you can pick up all these items from an autobarn autopro ect... :)

definately worth trying before spending money on a regulator :)

manrag
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
ok thanks, if that dosent work, how much will the regulator be?

maxmx5
12-10-2011, 09:48 AM
mate try the silcon spray first !! it works really well !! my windows was stuck on the way up and I went to the wrecker got a regulator before I change it over I use the silcon spray and give it a good spray on the rubber insert on the side (dont spray on the glass) and it works like a charm now !! waste of money for the regulator !!

try to spray a couple more times it will work !! unless your regulator is completely dead !!!

if you do need to buy it I pick up mine for $100 (not cheap for a used parts)

let me know if you need to find out where to get them !!
cheers and good luck mate

Fr3aKi3
12-10-2011, 09:13 PM
As mentioned above try graphite powder or silicon spray first, I had a similar issue with my em1.

Initially I thought that it'd be the regulator as well but I took a closer look and the window had popped out of it's track, the rubber tracks were getting caught on on the glass when it was moving up.
I popped the window back in it's place, tightened up a few bolts and liberally sprayed it with some silicone spray and it's been fine for about a year now.