PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake

vtcwpn
12-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I just recently bought an s2000 and i was wondering what was the best cold air intake system, money is not an issue

junoki
12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake, mugen intake for just an idea

both these companies know hondas inside out

DakDak
12-10-2011, 01:50 PM
try gruppe m

jooboo
12-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Password jdm is suppose to be good..

garett
12-10-2011, 03:29 PM
love the "money is no issue" claim.

a decent intake for s2000 will cost upwards of $1000

considering your credit is good why not go ASM and blow a massive $3500

dlai5552
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
love the "money is no issue" claim.

a decent intake for s2000 will cost upwards of $1000

considering your credit is good why not go ASM and blow a massive $3500
Because PWDJDM is rated the best one out there atm, with J's racing up there as well!!!

vtec23Q
12-10-2011, 05:39 PM
injen cold air intake sounds the best and has a decent power gain aswell. oh and its only $350 shipped from the US :D

VeYzZii
12-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Money is always an issue.

vtcwpn
12-10-2011, 06:38 PM
i think ill just end up getting an injen cai

Gizdawg
12-10-2011, 09:28 PM
PWJDM carbon is the best, about 1400$ AUS shipped. Best bang for buck, injen, as someone else said, about 350 shipped here.

dlai5552
13-10-2011, 12:12 PM
i think ill just end up getting an injen cai

lol, but if money is an issue why not go for the best out there?

s2kjn
13-10-2011, 05:55 PM
PWJDM carbon is the best, about 1400$ AUS shipped. Best bang for buck, injen, as someone else said, about 350 shipped here.
This is the reason why I got this intake, because
It is the best!! It's actually $1100 shipped. And I just installed it 5 days ago!

Check this out for the actual reviews and see for urself:
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/822513-the-official-thread-links/page__pid__19632882#entry19632882

dlai5552
13-10-2011, 06:40 PM
It is the best!! It's actually $1100 shipped. And I just installed it 5 days ago!

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/822513-the-official-thread-links/page__pid__19632882#entry19632882

you're 2kw gain over my $130 AEM V2 actually makes me happy for choosing mine lol.

Gizdawg
13-10-2011, 07:41 PM
you're 2kw gain over my $130 AEM V2 actually makes me happy for choosing mine lol.

Pretty much this...a few more HP's, but pay an extra 800$ Ehhh not money well spent imo. Still a good intake, preferinjin/10

VeYzZii
14-10-2011, 01:22 AM

So you have dyno'ed your car dlai?

dlai5552
14-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Injen yes, AEM no. injen = 145kwatw, with i/h/e and I assume they should be about the same.

s2kjn
14-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Pretty much this...a few more HP's, but pay an extra 800$ Ehhh not money well spent imo. Still a good intake, preferinjin/10

U can always find alternatives and label things 'money not well spent' especially to do with cars. If u read the op's post 'money's not a problem', he asked for the best, which this so happens to be light as, and get the response he wants from an intake. Also its beautiful cf.

MrJohn
18-10-2011, 06:49 PM

thats pretty good info on shitttssss

s2kjn
19-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Ye its great, that's how I make my decisions when buying mods for le S

s2kay
20-10-2011, 10:22 AM

great thread, thanks :)

was thinking of investing in a injen, but what are we looking at spending on a PWJDM?? and were could i find them

s2kjn
21-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Here u go:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/819471-passwordjdm-carbon-fiber-ram-air-induction-kit/

JamieP
27-10-2011, 04:56 PM
get the K&N FIPK. Its the best intake for under a grand and it makes your car sound like a beast! I just super charged my car and have no need for it, so hit me up if your interested in buying mine :)

JamieP
27-10-2011, 04:57 PM
P.S why is everybody recommending injen? their good for track cars, but impractical for a daily driver because you run the risk of hyrdo lock... yeh, it may not be common, but their has been quite a few cases of it happening to cars driving in torrential rain. Is it really worth the risk? just for an intake?

VeYzZii
27-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Injen is cheap and efficient.

dlai5552
27-10-2011, 08:26 PM
P.S why is everybody recommending injen? their good for track cars, but impractical for a daily driver because you run the risk of hyrdo lock... yeh, it may not be common, but their has been quite a few cases of it happening to cars driving in torrential rain. Is it really worth the risk? just for an intake?

if you are that worried about hydrolocking, build a shelter/umbrella for the filter as seen here: http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=29387

Or simply buy a cover for your filter, eg. http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/65A2582A0A0.aspx

Comptech are cheap intakes too, they are about as good as the AEM V2's, but they look much better in the engine bay. That's another cheap option?

ckit1477
03-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I just recently bought an s2000 and i was wondering what was the best cold air intake system, money is not an issue

the K&N APOLLO CIS cold air intake (http://www.racepages.com/parts/cold_air_intake.html) could be good on your s200. it lowers warm build-up and nourishes freezing air into your engine.

Newtype
09-12-2011, 11:22 PM

glad i read this before blowing $1000 lol

slimx
10-12-2011, 01:44 AM
yeh, its not always about Money being an issue its Value..
if its $1500 to get 10kw and $300 to get 8kw what would you do ??
Some people will be smart.. and say get the 10 but realisticly that .. last 2kw isnt worth that $1200

tamay_s2k
12-12-2011, 12:23 AM
boost it :P

Newtype
13-12-2011, 11:44 PM
yeh, its not always about Money being an issue its Value..
if its $1500 to get 10kw and $300 to get 8kw what would you do ??
Some people will be smart.. and say get the 10 but realisticly that .. last 2kw isnt worth that $1200

true that

thebob
14-12-2011, 04:55 AM
I have the js intake. Money well spent. Also it's Japanese, so it fits, it works and it's not some crap looking alloy pipe with a pod filter on it that makes your 70k s2000 look like a eg civic.

Egcivicduty
14-12-2011, 06:26 AM
build your own intake :P

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I have the js intake. Money well spent. Also it's Japanese, so it fits, it works and it's not some crap looking alloy pipe with a pod filter on it that makes your 70k s2000 look like a eg civic.

Yes, exactly. hence y u can justify not only getting that 2kw gain, but also the aesthetics of the design. Each to their own, but from what I can gather, you guys bagging me out for "spending" too much money, and half of you being p plater teenagers, well now doesn't that say something about your social status.

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 10:14 AM
pfft its only a s2k..

if it was a nsx fair enough

every 18 year old out there is buying a s2k

nothing wrong with putting a $100 intake on it...as long as it works

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Do u want to direct me to where I said there is something wrong with putting on a $100 intake? That is if u can find one for that price anyway. For some, or more specific, you, its "only an s2k", but judging from ur profile, I guess u would have to own one to appreciate that its not an "integra"

vyets
14-12-2011, 10:22 AM
soon nsx will be same i guess if that's how you see it.

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 10:23 AM

My point in short. "Like" lol

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Do u want to direct me to where I said there is something wrong with putting on a $100 intake? That is if u can find one for that price anyway. For some, or more specific, you, its "only an s2k", but judging from ur profile, I guess u would have to own one to appreciate that its not an "integra"

when I quote you...thats when its directed at you

kapish?

it was a general comment.

oh and btw been there done that...dont worry you'll get over it too once you own it for a while.

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 10:34 AM

thats wat generally happens when cars get old

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 10:45 AM

kapish?

oh and btw been there done that...dont worry you'll get over it too once you own it for a while.

Yeah I think you mean "capisce", so not only do u insult other people's pride and joy, but also those with different languages, and of course your own "intelligence".

And no, I'm not worried, I have been a proud owner with many down occurences owning the s, but I don't see myself getting over it in the near future. At least not to the point where I would own a lower class of car and ATTEMPT to humiliate those on a forum who can afford to enjoy what they see fit for their cars.

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah I think you mean "capisce", so not only do u insult other people's pride and joy, but also those with different languages, and of course your own "intelligence".

And no, I'm not worried, I have been a proud owner with many down occurences owning the s, but I don't see myself getting over it in the near future. At least not to the point where I would own a lower class of car and ATTEMPT to humiliate those on a forum who can afford to enjoy what they see fit for their cars.

insulting people's pride and joy?

do you understand english?

Ill write it in simpler terms, "A s2k is not 'too good' for a $100 pod"

now read it again.

understand it this time?

now re-read my original post, understand yet?

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Oh yes I understand now..

pfft its only a s2k..

I think your comprehension skills need quite a bit fine tuning there. Clearly ur incapable of following a simple excahnge of forum conversation. Despite how many times you would have to re-read your original posts.

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Not to mention

vs.

As far as understanding English, that second quote doesn't even make sense. How can any car be "not too good" for a performance part? I believe it's you who needs ESL training and that this sentance should be reverted to the other way around. CAPISCE?

Secondly, these two quotes contradict each other. "Nothing Wrong" and "Not too good" have totally different meanings as far as I'm concerned. Which 1, defeats the purpose of you even taking part in this discussion, and 2, its time to relearn your ABC's.

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 11:43 AM
As far as understanding English, that second quote doesn't even make sense. How can any car be "not too good" for a performance part? I believe it's you who needs ESL training and that this sentance should be reverted to the other way around. CAPISCE?

Secondly, these two quotes contradict each other. "Nothing Wrong" and "Not too good" have totally different meanings as far as I'm concerned. Which 1, defeats the purpose of you even taking part in this discussion, and 2, its time to relearn your ABC's.

aww how cute you sound like my girl brenda when shes on her period.

ohh brenda now i get it you've been butt-hurt by my , "it's only a s2k" comment. I'm sorry i didn't mean to hurt your feelings... it's the best car in the world okay and i envy you soooo much. Feel better honey?

now brenda i've apologied so take a deep breath and read it again... but slowly.. it'll make sense...you probably rushed through it last time, with your panties all wet....fuming over my horrendously insulting comment.

cmon sweety you can do it.....i'll even hold your hand.

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Thats the best you can come back with in 34mins? I guess I gave u too much credit, ur no where near your ABC's. U can't even defend your own integrity by manning up to your mistake. U start by mouthing off, and because ur defenceless, and can't back up your own quotes you take it out like a little toddler and try to turn it around with other means.

As for your girl, she sounds like a dirty bitch pissing everywhere. Good thing she has low standards by being with a retard like you. Also a good thing that she's with you so that while she's pissing in her panties, you can learn how to change your nappies.

Too bad u humiliated yourself on this forum

l__i__l
14-12-2011, 01:08 PM
okay brenda let's do a recap.

l__i__l feeling cheap intakes should work just as well on a s2k and that $1000 intakes should not be mandatory unless it was a nsx, posts;

pfft its only a s2k..

if it was a nsx fair enough

every 18 year old out there is buying a s2k

brenda snaps at l__i__l obviously butthurt with that comment....and starts on the glory path of, " I own a s2k and you don't nah nah nah nah

l__i__l amused with such a response... tells brenda he wasn't talking to her and that it was his general opinion.

kapish?

now brenda is left absolutely fuming at l__i__l for not giving her attention.....and starts to attack his spelling. (whilst commiting the same crime from here on- pot calling the kettle black?)
Brenda then gives l__i__l another serving of false accusations and jumps back on the, "i own a s2k bandwagon and you don't naw naw naw naw" referring to his lower class integra, among other gibberish which l__i__l is still left trying to understand.

l__i__l bamboozled with such accusations asks brenda if she can understand english, assuming she obviously doesn't...l__i__l dumbs it down for her level;

insulting people's pride and joy?

do you understand english?

now read it again.

understand it this time?

now re-read my original post, understand yet?

brenda is deeply offended after being genuinely questioned if she understood english, (considering the reaction...english must be her second language). brenda jumps off the, "i own a s2k and you don't" naw naw naw and starts attacking l__i__l's comprehension skills. (classic case of, NO u are?)
brenda continues to prove english is quite foreign to her... while attepting to take the high moral ground of perfect english;

I think your comprehension skills need quite a bit fine tuning there. Clearly ur incapable of following a simple excahnge of forum conversation. Despite how many times you would have to re-read your original posts.

brenda continues her rambling...while she runs around in circles;

brenda now starts nit-picking and taking l__i__l's sentences out of context in hope it would finally make sense. only to confuse and anger her more;

l__i__l fresh from enjoying a lasagne (which brenda should have been making) reads brenda's hormone fuelling ramblings in awe. l__i__l apologises to brenda and politely tells her to read his post again without getting all worked up;

aww how cute you sound like my girl brenda when shes on her period.

ohh brenda now i get it you've been butt-hurt by my , "it's only a s2k" comment. I'm sorry i didn't mean to hurt your feelings... it's the best car in the world okay and i envy you soooo much. Feel better honey?

now brenda i've apologied so take a deep breath and read it again... but slowly.. it'll make sense...you probably rushed through it last time, with your panties all wet....fuming over my horrendously insulting comment.

cmon sweety you can do it.....i'll even hold your hand.

brenda having being so worked up over a meaningless debate...is left fuming at l__i__l's amusing careless tone. she attacks l__i__l with more accusations and further attacks his intelligence, integrity, spelling (see the bold). Brenda does some further emotional rambling while telling l__i__l he is a little retarted toddler.

Thats the best you can come back with in 34mins? I guess I gave u too much credit, ur no where near your ABC's. U can't even defend your own integrity by manning up to your mistake. U start by mouthing off, and because ur defenceless, and can't back up your own quotes you take it out like a little toddler and try to turn it around with other means.

As for your girl, she sounds like a dirty bitch pissing everywhere. Good thing she has low standards by being with a retard like you. Also a good thing that she's with you so that while she's pissing in her panties, you can learn how to change your nappies.

Too bad u humiliated yourself on this forum

you're right brenda i'm the one who has humiliated himself.

s2kjn
14-12-2011, 01:26 PM
And your point is what? Im sure they would have taught you to conlcude your recaps with a sensible closure to your little excursion now that you're in your 10th repeat of pre-school.

At least you're responsible enough to own up to your own humiliation, i'll give you that.

Good to see that your girl has the upperhand in this situation, otherwise you'd never get the message that your incapable of comprehending and owning up to what you've said.

That being said, I can conlcude to say now I see the irony between how you think and your username "l__i__l". Let's just hope Brenda won't have to find out where the real problem lies....

Newtype
14-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Between the AEM V2 and the K&N FIPK, which one would you guys recommend?
This is taking into consideration of cost, peformance, and apperance (noise/enginebay).
Im looking between these two and finding it difficult to choose one.

GSi_PSi
14-12-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl54ABY8VgY

u mad?
14-12-2011, 10:24 PM
http://imgupld.lunaticoutpost.com/graphic/images/2011/July/08/95B8_4E16EEE5.gif

tamay_s2k
15-12-2011, 12:54 AM
god no wonder people call it a girls car. look at you guys complain and sook like girls!
trust me 'vtcwpn' do your own research because this forum is full of nothing but sooks.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/634401-official-intake-thread/
read this i hope it helps

thebob
15-12-2011, 07:21 PM
IMO, dont buy either. Password Jdm or up I say.

vyets
15-12-2011, 07:52 PM
god no wonder people call it a girls car. Look at you guys complain and sook like girls!
Trust me 'vtcwpn' do your own research because this forum is full of nothing but sooks.

lolll!!!!

aozora
15-12-2011, 08:18 PM
god no wonder people call it a girls car. look at you guys complain and sook like girls!
trust me 'vtcwpn' do your own research because this forum is full of nothing but sooks.

Quoted ftw.

Newtype
17-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Just purchased FIPK now waiting for it to be shipped.
Was much cheaper than buying from s2ki forums T_T.

DJDOC
22-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Newtype,

How much did you pay for FIPK? and where from?

Cheers

Vicks
22-12-2011, 10:33 AM
eBay has k&n FIPKs for approx 240+shipping.

I got quoted by Chops @ MVP from s2ki.com for $320 USD shipped.

DJDOC
22-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks Vicks

Newtype
23-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Newtype,

How much did you pay for FIPK? and where from?

Cheers

Heres a link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390373489072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

260$ shipped, good ebay seller. Better and cheaper than buying second hand from s2ki when they say over 100$ just for shipping.

Mezza
23-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Yep the FIPK is great, sounds awesome both in and out of the car as well.
The VTEC crossover is a completely different snarl, I love it.

DJDOC
27-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I currently have Mugen copy in my s2k and was wondering if it would be better to change my current setting to FIPK or change the filter to genuine unit??? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Newtype
29-12-2011, 10:01 PM
FIPK would be cheaper, easier to install and give better gains in low-mid range rev according to this.

If you are willing to spend that much on a real Mugen intake maybe try looking at other ones similar in that price range.
Pretty sure there are much better ones =).

DJDOC
16-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Happy new years guys,

I was referring to Mugen air filter replacement kit which is similar cost to FIPK as i just couldnt believe the quality of the air filter from the replica unit. However, I dont think i wouldnt even bother with Muget air filter anymore after seeing the link above.

Thanks guys for all your referals and help.

Cheers

DJ

Ten Four
19-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi quick question...
I've got the K&N drop in replacement filter.
Any real bonus if I go the FIPK other than sound?

thebob
19-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi quick question...

Your engine bay will look like a p platers carbie eg engine bay.

Vicks
20-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi quick question...

Not really, gains are almost unnoticable.

You can combine the FIPK with an aut cooling plate to direct air into the filter.

http://i55.tinypic.com/m7us1z.jpg

thebob
20-01-2012, 10:42 AM
^^^
what directs the air into the cut out? Wouldn't you be better off with a spoon snorkel and a decent filter? At least that way air goes to the filter directly, instead of hoping to get air to go upwards instead of passing through the radiator.

dlai5552
20-01-2012, 12:18 PM
^^^
what directs the air into the cut out? Wouldn't you be better off with a spoon snorkel and a decent filter? At least that way air goes to the filter directly, instead of hoping to get air to go upwards instead of passing through the radiator.

The cooling plate will help to trap all free air in front of the radiator and direct it through to the filter as its has no where else to go. Although, I don't like the intake anyways lol.

DJDOC
20-01-2012, 12:23 PM
dlai5552, what intake system would you prefer then?

Cheers

thebob
24-01-2012, 05:18 PM
The cooling plate will help to trap all free air in front of the radiator and direct it through to the filter as its has no where else to go. Although, I don't like the intake anyways lol.

Wouldn't it just flow through the radiator :s.

slimx
29-01-2012, 09:24 PM
In my personal opinion that intake is to long for my liking.
I will be making up an S2000 air intake soon, Soon as i find a 1-day donor of their s2k
and branding it;running dyno tests,road tests, durability.. etc. (if anyone is interested email (sales@skreem.com.au)

LOL @ this thread and all its fights. No need to attack P platers though :(

Just to be clear im 20. I am a P plater, dont own an S2 let alone a honda anymore.
Infact to top it off, i am your general car hoon wog that gets defects all the time and knows to many people to clear it. :)

My answer was sensible i dont know how u guys thnik that p platers cause fights and what not, as for P plater Carby engine bay? If your referring to an EG, half the P platers who own EG's have k20 swaps now.. if not.. atleast a b series swap.

P platers yo! :P
how sad does that sound lmao

im so bored. sorry for the essay.

flop101
07-08-2013, 12:34 AM
S is there any way of fitting the mugen intake without having to chop up the bonnet?

JDM-Panda
07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
S is there any way of fitting the mugen intake without having to chop up the bonnet?

Unfortunately not. You'll need to cut the bonnet or buy an aftermarket bonnet with the hump so it can clear the scoop.

flop101
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Looks like the only option is the password jdm intake, or the spoon intake

VeYzZii
14-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Why not a Injen..?

flop101
14-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Does injen increase or decrease throttle response?