PDA

View Full Version : EG wiretucked with a/c + PS & b16 JAPSPEC

viinnh
13-10-2011, 04:46 PM
hey guys i might be keeping my project car and doing a b16a japspec swap in a few months. just need a bit extra money and source a eg6 halfcut.

anyways i want to know i got a EG GL atm (dual carby) after the efi conversion would everything from the eg6 half cut go straight in ( wirings, ecu, a/c package, p/s package, bassically everything from that halfcut wiped clean into my car). ?

and i want to do a wiretuck but keep a/c and p/s but ive searched everywehre for pics and cant seem to find pics of waht im looking for. can you guys post up your wire tuck b series eg with a/c and p/s though so i can get an idea or if you seen pics on the net and saved them ?

closest pic ive seen is a/c but no p's
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/d-iv/IMG_0050.jpg

beeza
13-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Check out the wiretuck threads on honda-tech.com..

v__
14-10-2011, 04:56 PM
most wire tuck have no a/c and p/s

its more clean without them

egb16b
14-10-2011, 05:00 PM
yeah but he wants to keep them .. how far of a wire tuck are you prepared to go??

Full on like moving fuse box, prop valve, relocating fuel filter moving all wires into the guards, battery, etc... ??

viinnh
14-10-2011, 06:40 PM
im planning to maxiumum wire tuck but keep a/c and p/s

the reason because i will need it lol esp summer. but because since im doing a engine conversion i plan to respray the engine bay a nice colour and wire tuck.

so tuck as much wires as i can between guard, tuck as much wires around the block as much as i can. relocate battery to somewhere else thinking where atm, and as for prop balve i havent looked into that yet.

but atm i want to see the set up of wire tuck with a/c and p's/ if its messy then i wont bother to wire tuck or respray the engine bay.

89lude
14-10-2011, 09:40 PM
you can tuck the ac lines buy new lines and bend them to where ever you like ps get an electric pump an hide easy as

whitecomet07
14-10-2011, 10:32 PM
i think you will have to let your imagination fly on this one. yes you can search on honda-tech but let me remind you that USDM civic runs a different A/C line. their lines somehow is parallel to each other so it looks neater when they keep it. AUDM and JDM civic the A/C line is what your picture are showing. its somewhat more messier in my opinion. so if you want to keep the A/C and P/S then you just have to learn to like the way they are sitting in OEM fashion. most of the guys on honda-tech eventually relocated battery, clutch line, shorter throttle cable, relocate MBC etc, and then removed A/C and P/S because by that stage you pretty cannot stand the look of A/C and P/S anymore.

I myself did a lot of research on this wiretuck topic. and to this stage i still havent find a perfect setup i like yet while still keeping the functionality of the car. there is always a trade off. you look good but lose A/C and P/S. you relocate battery but you lose trunk space, etc

here is a photo showing what i mean by different A/C line setup for USDM civic. photo are taken by honda-tech member. will remove upon request.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/chuku023/2559459527_a3e618e22b_b.jpg

sdewyz
08-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Ok I'm relaunching this thread. I'm looking to do a tuck I'n my engine bay. Simply looking for a DIY guide or somthibg lol someone WANa help!?

stndrd
08-03-2012, 11:33 PM
http://www.rywire.com/catalog/milspec-harnesses-c-1.html?osCsid=0c4ec3ff28231821c2976aaff9b07171

Best place to go for off the shelf wire tuck

sdewyz
09-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Is it that hard to do it yourself?

Bludger
09-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Is it that hard to do it yourself?
It's not something you can show someone through DIY guide.

ppl who know how to do it, spend their time and effort, experimenting on getting it perfect.

you sound like you want the easy way out. someone show me how to do it, if you regularly tinker & play with cars, this knowledge will come naturally.

and yeah, if you have to ask, is it that hard. just pay someone or don't bother.

or start learning the normal way by spending lots of wrenchin time.

sdewyz
09-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Lol Yo don't hate on me. I'll admit I'm not the most car literate person out there I really want to do it.
It's irrelevant to how easy it is to do I want to do it I'm a pretty handy guy like carpenter by trade so yeah, just want a little direction if u get me.
Just I don't even know where to start :/

Bludger
09-03-2012, 09:09 AM
you were able to detect traces of hate?

I was merely telling it like it is, just sayin.

you have no idea where to start but you want to attempt major modification of your vehicles electrical system?

just askin....

sdewyz
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Lol well I detect some criticism yes, how about instead of spending all this time treating me like a fool, why don't u give me an idea to begin with?

Like would I be correct to say get a new loom, open it up do reveal all the wiring, then start figuring out where exactly I'm going to tuck it all into? What sort of things can I delete like emissions crap ect, I want to keep p/s air con is already gone so I take it I'd delete that from the loom when tucking? Should I salvage stock wiring or use new stuff?? And what sort of braid should I use Yo cover it? Or should I heat sink and how do I heat sink

Bludger
09-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Lol well I detect some criticism yes, how about instead of spending all this time treating me like a fool, why don't u give me an idea to begin with?

Like would I be correct to say get a new loom, open it up do reveal all the wiring, then start figuring out where exactly I'm going to tuck it all into? What sort of things can I delete like emissions crap ect, I want to keep p/s air con is already gone so I take it I'd delete that from the loom when tucking? Should I salvage stock wiring or use new stuff?? And what sort of braid should I use Yo cover it? Or should I heat sink and how do I heat sink
I would suggest you attempt to install fog lights, air horns successfully before you attempt a wire tuck.

stndrd
09-03-2012, 09:21 AM
sdewyz where are you located?

mocchi
09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Lol Yo don't hate on me. I'll admit I'm not the most car literate person out there I really want to do it.
It's irrelevant to how easy it is to do I want to do it I'm a pretty handy guy like carpenter by trade so yeah, just want a little direction if u get me.
Just I don't even know where to start :/

start by downloading a service manual for your car and study the electrical section
know where every pins in your ecu goes and you will be fine.

thats the main thing to tuck/re-sleeve harness like rywire.
the rest is just common sense. (un-strip existing loom, clean, order new sleeve if resleeving, chop/extend/solder wires)

after you finish, use multi meter to check continuity at every pin in ecu

Bludger
09-03-2012, 09:41 AM
inb4cardoesn'twork

sdewyz
09-03-2012, 09:47 AM
located in sydney boys

we'll see bludger

stndrd
09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Just order a rywire tuck loom for simplicity and save time. It's all plug and play

egb16b
11-03-2012, 07:23 AM
^^ rywire.com

get a b series mill spec harness for eg..or d series if you have d..or whatever.

its a quality kit. worth the money especially if you don't know a thing about wires n looms..its not easy to do if you don't know what your doing.. very easy to mess things up!

VT3C
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
$600 bux plus shipping for a Rywire harness.. me thinks cut-n-extend is the way to go ;)

JPR28610
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
and thats just for the standalone kit... lol

tiksie
13-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I've done a small wiretuck on my bay in my S13. Relocated the fuse and battery to the boot, got rid of most of the body harness.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1795/img2646dg.jpg

Old picture before the wiring was fed through the guards.. You get the point.

It was my first time re-wiring a whole car and my first time working on a Nissan... First time working on an RB20.... I didn't use any guides on 'wire tucking'.. I just used common sense, looked at where I can conceal wiring and extended. So on and so forth.

If someone asked me how I did it, I would be the last to raise my hand to explain... That shit can't be taught.

Bludger
13-03-2012, 05:07 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tiksie again.

89lude
13-03-2012, 06:56 PM
this is what i did now got a k on the weekend ill post pics of the new tucked bay

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/divads_87/IMG_1904.jpg
missing spark plug leads thats it not very hard to do just take your time and if your game like i was i made a whole new loom

90LAN
13-03-2012, 07:18 PM
really unless you are doing car shows its a waste of time and just a fad imo
most people that do it, know what they are doing to a certain degree and know how to work on their cars without paying some one

hayashi_1986
15-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I did a tuck so the damned wires wouldn't get in my way when I work on the car. It has a bit of functional use to it...Doesn't look 1/2 bad either...But I only did a 1/2 tuck so yeah.

If you want to do it, it's much easier with the engine out and all your wires hanging in their glory. I did mine whilst the motor was in, but that takes a bit of patience. Cut, sleeve, extend, solder, shrink wrap, zip tie plug ends over shrink wrap....repeat...over and over...That's the idea. Don't forget to label shit before you start. Black with brown dots are (most of the time) grounds...keep that in mind, especially on the drivers side loom (headlights and all the other little bullshit). You can route most of it under the guards and zip tie to the frame rails. For larger looms like the alternator, battery, fusebox, sensors etc I'd extend them so you can re route them around the engine.

That's just a small part of what I did...a VERY small part. Practice makes perfect. Again, check out honda-tech.com for some good writeups. Wiretucks aren't as popular in AU compared to the US...I can say that much.

egb16b
15-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm in the middle of doing a mini tuck on my car.

I took apart the stock loom to bare wires then re-sleeved and wrapped it in braided teflon sleeving.

Very long and tedious task but it looks so much better.

But yeah if you don't know what you're doing its best to leave it stock cos you might accidently cut a wire and then put everything back together only to find out that your car won't start.