PDA

View Full Version : New euro owner!

danx0r
15-10-2011, 01:56 PM
New euro owner!
Hi everyone picked up a 05 base euro with 114k for $13k, been driving it around for 2 weeks and love it. I upgraded from a 94 prelude vtir so far euro beats it hands down except 1st gear seems shorter in the euro than the lude. I got a few questions regarding mods.

One thing that really dissapointed with is the fact i have lots of trouble playing burnt cds, i have tried lower writing speeds 4x etc to no avail. Works sometimes other times it wont? Has anyone had experience with these GTA car kits for the acura tsx from the states?
http://www.gtacarkits.com/acura_tsx_...08_car_kit.php
Thinking of getting one sent over for $132 inc postage beats the quotes ive gotten localy for bluetooth parrot/aftermarket fascia headunit replacement $500+ no thanks. The install video on youtube looks very simple but is it compatible with our euros?

Next im looking at getting some jdm looking 18"s just wondering what is ideal size you guys would recommend i had 17x7.5s on my lude n they slightly rubbed at full lock dont want this issue with the euro.

Suspension! been looking on us ebay and found ebiach sportline lowering springs cheap with a 1.9/1.6 inch drop. Looking for some opinions on setting these up on stock shocks. Ive read that they can wear out your stockies rather fast but coilovers are a rougher ride then oem suspension?

After that i plan on getting a full exhaust and upgrading the front n rear speakers and then call it a day.

So far i got an injen cai on the way from the states cant wait till it gets here!
Cheeers guys!

I CU2
15-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Welcome to ozhondaz.

richard_k
15-10-2011, 03:01 PM
try searching the accord euro forums dude or you'll get flamed LOL

mrgu
15-10-2011, 03:26 PM
welcome to OZhonda..are you a member of PA?? I have a ba5 as well as a CL9..great to drive..when I picked up my car from Essendon Honda. They managed to connect an OEM cable to the head unit for me. Don't know if the cable is oem or aftermarket..was on back order. they drilled a hole in the glove box? anyway ..There are two ends of the cable..one for the ipod.and one for the mp3. Cable was located in the glove box. you can change songs through the steering wheel button. the only downside is once you wanna change album. you have to disconnect ipod first.

antony
16-10-2011, 10:39 AM
I am sure you are going to LOVE your Euro,post pics up when you can...

sertskiz
17-10-2011, 01:53 PM
mate i had the same problem, just use different brands of blank cd's to burn music, buy higher quality blank cd's, i did the same and havent had a problem since. no skipping of music etc...