PDA

View Full Version : CL9 service inquiry

mrgu
15-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi all,

I have recently received a letter from Eastern Honda,telling me my car is due for a half yearly service. My scheduled service tag said either 80,000km or Sep..my car is sitting at 77000 on odometer atm..so what should I do?

cheers

Kelvin

UR34DY
15-10-2011, 03:45 PM
dont bother with it

marquee
15-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Agreed wat till 80000

mrgu
15-10-2011, 05:55 PM
thanks guys!

euro1603
10-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm due for my 60k service. i'm looking for a new mechanic to service my car, any recommendations in the melbourne east side ? i'm over taking my car to dealers for service, they're way too expensive.

mrgu
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
60k ...just buy the engine oil from honda and bring it to promax in blackburn..where i always go for my prelude ...

marquee
10-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm due for my 60k service. i'm looking for a new mechanic to service my car, any recommendations in the melbourne east side ? i'm over taking my car to dealers for service, they're way too expensive.

I got to revzone

tron07
11-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi all,

I have recently received a letter from Eastern Honda,telling me my car is due for a half yearly service. My scheduled service tag said either 80,000km or Sep..my car is sitting at 77000 on odometer atm..so what should I do?

cheers

Kelvin

when was your last service? if its 6mth ago, then can wait another couple month, if its 1 year ago, I will get it serviced.

Fredoops
11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
60k ...just buy the engine oil from honda and bring it to promax in blackburn..where i always go for my prelude ...
Why would you bother with Honda FEO? There's better oil out there for less...

mrgu
11-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys. I have already had my 80k service completed at Eastern Honda for $720. it's a lot of money.

I kinda stick with the oem parts a lot now cos I really dun wanna mess up the engine.

euro1603
11-11-2011, 10:14 PM
looking at the log book, the 60k really is just the norm, oil, filter and cabin filter. i might just do an oil change myself and wait till the one year for a dealer service.

Fredoops
11-11-2011, 11:45 PM
looking at the log book, the 60k really is just the norm, oil, filter and cabin filter. i might just do an oil change myself and wait till the one year for a dealer service.

Filter? As in airfilter?

Ask how much a Honda OEM costs from your local dealer... Then order a K&N online... Might as well get some oomph out of it

Ps... Watch the cost of cabin airfilter... I got mine like $27 shipped from US to my door.

azn_k3nt
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
cabin filter and air filter a different...cabin makes the inside of the car filter the air inside the car for the passengers, i assume?

HONTUNE
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
And brake fluid at 60k

Fredoops
13-11-2011, 11:32 AM
cabin filter and air filter a different...cabin makes the inside of the car filter the air inside the car for the passengers, i assume?

Correct, seems you need to replace both.
Also if you got auto tranny... Time for a auto tranny fluid change

hogs
07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
im looking to do the 80k service any reliable melb inner east mechanics people would recommand?
cheers

sk3103
07-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Same story for 70,000km service... I got a 5 litter bottle of Castrol Edge Sport 5w-30 and a Honda filter and changed them myself. 80,000km might be a different story due to the valve adjustment and I do have a noisy valves... Any recommendations in Sydney?

Fredoops
07-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I think theres a shop called top one (or auto one??) In hornsby or something and then theres always toda.

marquee
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Top one is in Sydney. Revzone is in ringwood

Fredoops
08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Top one is in Sydney. Revzone is in ringwood
An Hondacare at Sumner park Brisbane.

What marquee said, except damn, anyone good on north side of Melbourne? I ended up in Preson/Reservior...

woodz1
11-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Ringwood Honda quoted me $695 which they said they'd carry out the following for the 80k service -

I didn't wanna pay that much so I just did the main ones myself which were oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter. :\

OIL AND FILTER
TAPPET ADJUSTMENT MUST BE ADJUSTED COLD
SAFETY CHECK OF LIGHTS
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT NOTE: THE FILTER IS LOCATED IN THE FUEL TANK.
TYRE ROTATAION
BRAKE INSPECTION
TENSION SUSPENSION
CHECKED ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT
LEVELS ALL INSPECTED/TOPPED UP
IDLE LEARN RESET

WE WOULD REQUIRE THE VEHICLE FOR 1 FULL DAY

roony
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
An Hondacare at Sumner park Brisbane.

What marquee said, except damn, anyone good on north side of Melbourne? I ended up in Preson/Reservior...

as far as I know, none (though I have been doing it an C&P Honda, long story). No one seems to live on this side lol. But anyways next 120k service Im thinking to just DIY.

Fredoops
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Ringwood Honda quoted me $695 which they said they'd carry out the following for the 80k service -

I didn't wanna pay that much so I just did the main ones myself which were oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter. :\

OIL AND FILTER
SAFETY CHECK OF LIGHTS
TYRE ROTATAION
BRAKE INSPECTION
TENSION SUSPENSION
AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT
IDLE LEARN RESET

OIL AND FILTER
TAPPET ADJUSTMENT MUST BE ADJUSTED COLD - $120 job, needs car to cool down
SAFETY CHECK OF LIGHTS
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT NOTE: THE FILTER IS LOCATED IN THE FUEL TANK. Dunno how much this costs
TYRE ROTATAION
BRAKE INSPECTION
TENSION SUSPENSION
CHECKED ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - OBD2 reader will do that fo you, easy DIY
AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT - Get a K&N or other performance one (Simota comes to mind) might as well get some oomph out of it.
IDLE LEARN RESET - just reset ECU and leave car idle for 15 minutes, after ECU reading

as far as I know, none (though I have been doing it an C&P Honda, long story). No one seems to live on this side lol. But anyways next 120k service Im thinking to just DIY.
Probably all stabbed or shot. I got police chopper over the house every second night.
and it's got one of the highest population/registered firearm ratio in the country (for metro areas)

roony
11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Probably all stabbed or shot. I got police chopper over the house every second night.
and it's got one of the highest population/registered firearm ratio in the country (for metro areas)

lmao. Northcote side seems nice and quiet :D. I rarely go preston side, nothing to do there.

Had to ask too, there is no mention in the service manual when to change the coolant. I check it the other seems, seems ok. Just over 100k now, should I do a coolant flush?

Fredoops
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Honda uses long service coolant that apparently lasts 120k..

jono_l
11-01-2012, 06:51 PM

OIL AND FILTER
SAFETY CHECK OF LIGHTS
TYRE ROTATAION
BRAKE INSPECTION
TENSION SUSPENSION
AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT
IDLE LEARN RESET

That's a ridiculous price. I just had my 80k done at Larke Hoskins Honda Homebush (Sydney). Was originally quoted $628 for the service, but turns out that included auto transmission fluid replacement as well - they'd quoted for it on the basis of my car being over 4 years old.

Wound up paying paying only $462 without the auto trans fluid replacement (had drained and refilled 3 times recently) and supplying my own oil (Mobil 1 0w40). They did the oil + oil/air/fuel filters and the tappet adjustment. Would expect the price to be in the low $500's if using their engine oil, (and no auto trans fluid change)

roony
11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Honda uses long service coolant that apparently lasts 120k..

ah k. Ill probably flush it out next service, still a while away though, will see. thanks

chuboy
12-01-2012, 08:03 AM
www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au

That's the only website you need to get an idea if you're being ripped off, anyway.

tonysalib
12-01-2012, 08:38 AM
www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au

That's the only website you need to get an idea if you're being ripped off, anyway.

Damn!!! The 80k service is not cheap is it:
http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?make=41&service=514869&year=2005&searchby=HONDA_ACCORD_2.4Litre+Euro+Auto+2005_Inte rval+%2f+80%2c000km+%2f+48mth&location=721

I'm sitting at 68K at the moment and I'm already worrying lol

Fredoops
12-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Damn!!! The 80k service is not cheap is it:
http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?make=41&service=514869&year=2005&searchby=HONDA_ACCORD_2.4Litre+Euro+Auto+2005_Inte rval+%2f+80%2c000km+%2f+48mth&location=721

I'm sitting at 68K at the moment and I'm already worrying lol

This is what gets you:

■Replace Fuel Filter -- In Tank
■Inspect and Adjust Valve Clearances

aaronng
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
OIL AND FILTER
TAPPET ADJUSTMENT MUST BE ADJUSTED COLD - $120 job, needs car to cool down
Should be done if you have 80k. Not something that you'd DIY unless you were one of the DIY gods here on Ozhonda.

FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT NOTE: THE FILTER IS LOCATED IN THE FUEL TANK. Dunno how much this costs
Filter costs about $80-120. Can be DIY'd but you need to remove the fuel pump relay/fuse, crank the engine to release the fuel line pressure, then release the fuel line at the injector area to drain residual petrol. Then you remove the back section of the boot liner fabric and access the fuel tank cover. There will still be fuel spillage when you undo the fuel line there, you and your car will STINK. Then you undo the 12-ish bolts, pull the fuel pump & filter out and then try to figure out the jigsaw puzzle on how to remove the filter without breaking the pump and it's wiring. If you break it, a replacement fuel pump is about $800 if I remember correctly. I did snap the wire off my fuel pump, so I had to take the whole thing out, dry it THOROUGHLY and then use a soldering iron to solder it back. Remember, solder + fuel fumes = FIRE.

So unless you are very careful and comfortable with doing this type of hazardous work, I'd leave it to the dealer or a workshop to do.

AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT - Get a K&N or other performance one (Simota comes to mind) might as well get some oomph out of it.
Can also buy the filter on its own from the dealer. $80 I think is what it costs.

IDLE LEARN RESET - just reset ECU and leave car idle for 15 minutes, after ECU reading
Don't need to do this unless you are clearing the ECU short and long term memory using the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) tester which none of us have anyway. Pulling the terminal from the battery does not clear the idle history. So you don't have to perform an idle learn reset even if you disconnect the battery.

aaronng
12-01-2012, 11:07 AM
ah k. Ill probably flush it out next service, still a while away though, will see. thanks

When you do it, just drain the coolant into a container that can be sealed. Then when you fill it back up, you need to be very careful to get all the air out of the cooling system. If you drain 4L out, you need to make sure that you put 4L back in. When running to get the air out of the cooling system and heater circuit, your engine coolant temperature must reach above 85 ºC if I remember correctly in order to get the thermostat to open. Then the coolant can flow around the radiator and force the remaining air out. When getting the air out, DO NOT jack the front of the car up. The car should be kept level, otherwise you will get an air lock. Happened to me.

The old coolant can not be poured down the drain or into the grass, nor can it be disposed with your regular trash. It must be disposed of properly. Waste Management centers DO NOT take old engine coolant! The only place that I am able to dispose of the coolant is to bring it to a workshop that I frequent where they pay to get coolant taken away by a chemical waste disposal company. They might charge you for it. Mine doesn't because it is also a Bridgestone Tyre Centre and I buy my tyres from them.

roony
13-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Great info there aaronng, thanks.

Fredoops
13-01-2012, 09:36 AM
snip.

yeah..... I think i'll leave the shops for them more.... delicate works.

Dont want a fireball or Chemhaz zone in my garage.... just sayin.

aaronng
13-01-2012, 10:56 AM
yeah..... I think i'll leave the shops for them more.... delicate works.

Dont want a fireball or Chemhaz zone in my garage.... just sayin.

Yeah, it is not a job you want to do in an enclosed space. I did mine outdoors in the driveway and even then I had all 4 doors and boot open to air as much as possible. Plus the fumes made me dizzy.

azn_k3nt
15-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I take mine to otr LOL really cbf with honda dealers, massive rip off

gotta love motul oil though 8) very responsive and good on the fuel as well