PDA

View Full Version : putting Red Recaros DC2 seats into an EK possible/?

anak BALAP
15-10-2011, 10:32 PM
if not possible..how about swaping the ek cxi/gli rail with the recaro, would tht be legit/?

votek
15-10-2011, 11:08 PM
get some ek9 rails!

justin333
16-10-2011, 09:26 PM
rail are not interchangeable~

better get some aftermarket one*

ekvtec
17-10-2011, 01:08 AM
rail are not interchangeable~

better get some aftermarket one*

no idea if your trolling or not?

But to answer the OP question, Yes you can use the recaros, but like said before you must either use EK9 rails (cheaper alternative) or an aftermarket one

drifter
17-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Ek9 rail mate..........

SuN~e
19-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Go for the Ek9 rail

AndreaCivic
21-10-2011, 08:22 AM
dont think you can change seats without engineering them if you want it to be legal.
some people think because dc2 and ek have the same floor pan all parts are legally interchangeable. there is a slight risk involved but just be wary..

steeeven
24-10-2011, 10:49 AM
dont think you can change seats without engineering them if you want it to be legal.
some people think because dc2 and ek have the same floor pan all parts are legally interchangeable. there is a slight risk involved but just be wary..

the ek9 came with recaros? I don't think you'll need to engineer it. But someone correct me if I'm wrong

Riceboy
24-10-2011, 07:45 PM
You would have to modify the cxi/gli rail to fit the Recaros. A bit of cutting and welding required.
Not hard if you know what your doing. The problem is on the cxi/gli rail it is part of the seat and holds it all together, without rail the seat cannot function.
With the recaros you can change/remove rails without affecting the functionality of seat.

ekay1
24-10-2011, 09:05 PM

the ek9 came with recaros? I don't think you'll need to engineer it. But someone correct me if I'm wrong

You'll still get hassled by the cops and worst defected for the seats even if you have an engineering cert as they didnt come oem with the car

mugen_ctr
25-10-2011, 11:52 PM
ek seats are side mounted, ek9 rails are bottom mounted, and even so, the oem ek rails are designed to hold the seat in that position, so even if u weld em to fit the recaros, i wouldnt bet my life on it.....

ek9 were never sold here, so technically, cops can defect you because they were never ADR approved......

Riceboy
26-10-2011, 02:32 PM
ek seats are side mounted, ek9 rails are bottom mounted, and even so, the oem ek rails are designed to hold the seat in that position, so even if u weld em to fit the recaros, i wouldnt bet my life on it.....

ek9 were never sold here, so technically, cops can defect you because they were never ADR approved......

If the rail is welded properly it will be as strong if not stronger than the three nuts and bolts holding each rail to seat....

EvilJDM
30-10-2011, 09:05 AM
I used EG rails and it worked fine?
Only have to mod two bracket's to a different degree