PDA

View Full Version : buddyclub n+ coilover need setup?

BLV-27J
17-10-2011, 03:29 PM
i bought brand new coilovers for my dc5r, but i was wondering if i had to take them apart before installing them to adjust them, or can i just adjust them the way they come? i dont have a manual and cant find anything else on the internet.. thanks

davidvtec
19-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Adjust what?

amant02
19-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Height adjustments can be done using a c spanner or a a screw driver wit a mallet. And just click click click till desired hieght is reached.

Tightness/damper adjustments can be done using a wrench (atleast thats wat i use) twist twist till you reached desired tightness^^

I would personally get a professional to do the job worth your while, pedders know their shit.

IV73CI
21-10-2011, 01:04 PM
quick str8 answer - adjust them to your desired height as they came out of the box.

and when your happy with the height after installation....then adjust your dampering ...

instructions says start from Hard then work your way to Soft.

got the same coilovers ..and two clicks from SOFT to HARD seems to provide a nice comfy ride. not to bumpy and not to soft. - kellogs just right!! LOL

BLV-27J
22-10-2011, 01:03 AM
ok thanks heaps i just couldnt read the instructions its all in japanese haha

JohnO
22-10-2011, 09:08 AM
ive read somewhere you shouldnt adjust anything straight away and just let it sit on whatever setting it comes from factory so the spring sets in properly.

IV73CI
24-10-2011, 06:51 AM
just dont adjust the spring load settings. I.E the locking screw that holds the springs in place onto the strut.

they are set as per specification and if you adjust them, you coul void your warranty.

if your goingt o adjust the height, just adjust the strut as per instructions - im sure you can download an engrish version of the manual on the net.. LOL

Nuci
24-10-2011, 06:18 PM
DONT use a screwdriver and a mallet to adjust them, you can strip the thread. And be VERY careful with damper adjustments, as the part is very fragile. Also be aware that when you fit them, the springs will settle a bit, so they will sit a tad lower than how they do once you first install them