PDA

View Full Version : Camber joint broken n banned?? Need help!!

justin333
18-10-2011, 10:27 PM
hi guys,

recently got a Civic EF9 and replacing CV joint,

after i put everything back on it, and i found that my camber joint was banned and the nut can not be putting in, the nut keep turning in the same place n not going it, what should i do now??

Also, if i want to replace the whole camber kit, what model should i find?? are EF9 same as ED? or any other model like EG EK DA??

your help will be my great imformation.

Thanks

PIC:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5271/img1819qy.jpg

stndrd
18-10-2011, 11:13 PM
you will have to press a new ball joint in if you want to use your stock wishbone. personally i would keep the car on stands until you had ordered in the camber kit if you are going to upgrade. inter-changeability will be with da integra, not later model dc/eg/ek

mocchi
19-10-2011, 11:09 AM
^ i dont think you can do that on stock upper arm.
need to replace the whole arm.

in service manual says that ball joint cannt be replaced. must replace whole arm.

stndrd
19-10-2011, 12:11 PM
hrmm thought you were able to. obviously not then

grifty
19-10-2011, 06:14 PM
take it off and go to a wrecking yeard and compare it to a ED one, if its the same then get it so you can atleast get your car moving.

chargeR
19-10-2011, 08:14 PM
you will have to press a new ball joint in if you want to use your stock wishbone. personally i would keep the car on stands until you had ordered in the camber kit if you are going to upgrade. inter-changeability will be with da integra, not later model dc/eg/ek

EF/EF front upper control arms are not quite the same as DA ones, it is best if the guy goes to the wreckers and gets one from an ED, fairly sure they are the same as EF. To the OP if you get an ED one from a wrecker and it isn't the same let me know, because I need a new upper control arm for my EF and would like to be 100% sure an ED one will fit :) and I CBF taking one off my car to compare.

justin333
19-10-2011, 09:17 PM
take it off and go to a wrecking yeard and compare it to a ED one, if its the same then get it so you can atleast get your car moving.

thanks for the advise will see it on tmr*

justin333
19-10-2011, 09:20 PM
thanks for the advise chargerR, will go to wrecker and ask them to get the same part for me to compare.

Will let you know once it is 100% the same as mine, just a bit worry coz EF9 got more than 70% of parts that are not

the same as ED6 like tie rod end, bushing, driveshaft etc....

mooshie
19-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Reckon chargeR is right here. You can swap with the DA but it will muck up your castor settings. Just go to UPullit at either Lonsdale or Elizabeth and get some arms in good nick, they usually have a few ED civics there.

Btw, balljoints can be replaced. I have had a set with an aftermarket K-Mac adjustable balljoint pressed in that I have run for the last 7 years and only just changed out for some Skunk2 arms last week. Try repco and see if they have balljoints for it. Of you go OEM then you wil only be able to get the whole arm.

justin333
19-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Just went some workshop today and asked them about buying a ball joint instead of getting the whole arm,

they looked at the catalog of SuperPro and ringing the supplier of the part number, and they said i need to get

whole arm, cost me $195 plus shipping for one side only.....sigh....

will go to wrecker and see the ED6 one can fit it on or not

Thanks for all the reply and will update what the result is on tmr.

justin333
19-10-2011, 09:28 PM
hi mooshie i went to Kent on Port road today and they said i need to get the whole arm from superpro,

will try u pull it on the weekend, hope i can find what i need.

For the OEM one, i dont think they will keep it coz EF9 is a bit rare and expensive i guess??

xclusive_eg8
20-10-2011, 03:08 AM
well there is a way or technique should i say that you can get the nut to tighten with to which i had no problems with ever before and no, a ball bearing has never broken or blown apart on me before.....but lets just keep this post free of the ozhonda "thats so dodgy" police that reside here... truth is we all dont have $200 to have a single ball joint replaced.................

justin333
22-10-2011, 09:59 PM
just went to u-pull-it today and take one off by myself,

then compare with two of them, they are 100% the same no matter size and the angle,

the one that i took off is from civic ED6, it a good new for me i guess lol*:thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8639/img18441.jpg

mooshie
23-10-2011, 10:50 AM
good stuff. they have anything else of interest there? any tegs?

justin333
24-10-2011, 09:08 AM
good stuff. they have anything else of interest there? any tegs?

I wish but nothing new n interest, most of them are old stuff, and only one ED there, wish to find more but no luck at all*