View Full Version : Type R or S-Zero?

Dream`R
16-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Just wondering which one is better?

n/a
16-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Dream ` R you played GT3?

Type R is slightly heavier using a 3L engine

and the Type S-Zero is lighter using a 2.8L engine pulling a little less than the type-R.. think ;)

someone correct me :D

Dream`R
17-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Nope...i haven't even SEEN GT3
i got no Playstation, Xbox or N64
and the newest game that my comp runs is Broodwars. YES it's a very very old comp :(

n/a
17-12-2003, 08:01 PM
lol!

dude you're kinda lagging behind with the tech there!

ajnsx
18-12-2003, 11:50 AM
the type r is the best nsx in terms of race potential if that is what you mean. For me its not the 'best' because all comforts have been removed, like air con and the radio for example. Best is subject to one's opinion and what the car will be used for.

you alsoneed to define which nsx-r, since they have been around since '92 or so. early ones came in 3.0 litre and newer ones with 3.2litre. The nsx-r is the lighest nsx, the type-s is heavier. The type r along with the deleted creature comforts also has many carbon fibre parts, the type s does not.

All nsx's have had either 3.0litre engine or the 3.2litre engine.

Please dont judge cars by video games only! Dont take all info as gospel!Games are quickly becoming the new "i read in such and such magazine that such and such car has this much horsepower and this much weight. In reality many things affect cars, such as driver weather, conditions etc.

I 've heard many times the "i played it on gran turismo with these upgrades and beat this type of car so its the best." arguments.

These formats are good indications of a cars potential but there is more to it than that. :)

AP1 F20c
18-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Please dont judge cars by video games only! Dont take all info as gospel!Games are quickly becoming the new "i read in such and such magazine that such and such car has this much horsepower and this much weight. In reality many things affect cars, such as driver, weather, conditions etc.

Couldn't have said better myself. http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/images/smiles/thumbup.gif

Dream`R
18-12-2003, 06:26 PM
So basically the flagship is the Type R

Thanx for the info.

Calvo
18-12-2003, 08:09 PM
if only i had webspace...
i got a few nice video's of NSX road tests, the various models, and also a track test day where they compare with many other cars.

Slugoid
18-12-2003, 11:41 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/modelinfo.htm

I hope this helps

From the site, it pretty much says:

Type-R: Almost tuned for the tracks, yet still driveable on the street
Type-S: A refined Type-R, but more sporty and luxury (less hardcore, but better then standard?).
Type-S Zero: Pretty much in between Type-S and Type-R.

ajnsx
19-12-2003, 03:04 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com is the best site bar none for nsx info, any question you have will be answered and a great online community in general!

My handle is the same on there also; "ajnsx".

Thanks AP1 F20c, appreciated :)

diu le lo mo
29-12-2003, 11:56 PM
WELL, WELL, WELL......ONLY 1 GUY FROM ABOVE GOT IT RIGHT.....ALL OF THE REST IS FULL OF SHIT.......mAtE,,,,,,THE S-ZERO IS BETA THAN THE TYPE-R, COS ITS A LIGHTWEIGHT EDITION(I AM TALKING ABT THE OLD NSX TYPE-R). IF U ARE COMPARING THE NEW ONE ....THE NEW TYPE-R IS A VERY VERY LITTLE FASTER......NOTE: CARS WITH TYPE-R DOESN'T MEAN ITS FAST N THE BEST

A'PEXi
30-12-2003, 11:50 AM
the type r has jdmin' carbon fibre buckets' :D