PDA

View Full Version : Help! Door Panel Removal

Surrufus
17-02-2005, 01:25 PM
im trying to take the door panels outta my ek civic
ive managed to unfasten the interior door panel
the only thing preventing me completely removing the panel is the window crank hanlde. thats rite i have manual windows.
can anyone help or tell me where i can find help in removing the crank handle so i can finish removing the panel and install my new audio

bungsai
17-02-2005, 01:57 PM
dont know 100% sure about civics, but in swifts (im assuming the assembly will be the same) there is a washer/nut holding the window winder to the door. Use a flat head screw drive and try and push the washer...or stuff a rag in there and wind down the window.

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/vt.12840.htm

DLO01
17-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Again with me I am not sure with Civics, but I think they have a 'C' clip which holds the crank on. I used a small flat screw driver to remove the clip. Just push the door trim in and you should see it and access it to remove it.

When its time to put it back on, put the clip back on the crank 1st and then push it back home.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

D4rk4n63l
17-02-2005, 05:36 PM
if anything failed.. go to supercheap auto and get a window clip remover, I remeber saw one a while ago, but yeah a flat tip screwdriver should do it !!!

dorikin
17-02-2005, 05:37 PM
yeh it should be held in by a sort of C clip with ends point out
you need some sort of long nose pliers or flat head screwdriver to get it out

ACTI0NMAN-1
17-02-2005, 05:55 PM
the easiest way is with an old hanker chief. you wedge it behind the handle and work it up, left to right. its hard to explain, someone else shoud be able to explane better. But its the reccomended way to remove window handels on Hondas and Toyotas.

Surrufus
17-02-2005, 11:04 PM
thanx fellas... got the door off fine... used the screw driver
works like a charm