PDA

View Full Version : Car overheat?

djt
23-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey, i drive an ek4 and it overheats really weird. I drive my car with the cold temp on and my car will over heat to the point where the needle nearly hits "H", but as soon as i pull it over to the hot side, it drops straight away back down to mid way where its at optimum temperature?? I open the bonnet when the car is "overheating" to find the thermo fan not working, and this is with out the air tuned on?? Im going to be changing my fan switch and see how it goes. But i can drive for hours like normal with the hot side on and its fine. Anyone had this problem??

Thanks

Bulbasaur
23-10-2011, 02:21 PM
yeah i got a dc4 with fan that does not work. its only moving up so quickly because your the heat is not radiating with fresh air when your idling. u can watch it rise pretty quickly when waiting for traffic or the lights. and why it drops so quickly is because u started moving again, it cools down in less than a minute once you begin moving again

djt
23-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeh but when its on the hot air side, its perfectly fine ?? So it has to be working?

will88
26-10-2011, 08:46 AM
if you going to replace your fan switch also consider changing your thermostat aswell, if the fan isn't switch it could either be thermostat is not opening and letting coolant pass through or you have air pockets circulating around, I guess when you change those compontants do a bleed of the coolant and make sure there's no air pockets left.