PDA

View Full Version : Someone hit my car and it's not my fault. Please help!

xwon2
26-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Someone hit my car this morning and it's not my fault.
He has admitted it's his fault and will contact his insurance company. I have got all his licence details and he will call me tonight.

I bought my Honda Jazz GLi in 2008 brand new. My insurance is with AAMI. He is with Real Insurance.

Can I bring my car to Honda to get it fixed and get the person's insurance company to pay for it instead of bringing it to the insurance company's recommended repair centre? What about coutersy car or rental car during the repair?

This may sound dumb but I remember there's a Honda 5 year warranty or something for new car? Does anyone know anything about this?

Please help :(

mocchi
26-10-2011, 10:38 AM
hey mate,

call me, ill answer all your questions no problem.
13 22 44

Glocker
26-10-2011, 10:38 AM
OK, here is a step by step guide.

1. go to google.com
2. type in AAMI number
3. call the number
4. ask the same questions

I hope this will be of tremendous and valuable help to you.

edit: die mocchi die

xwon2
26-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Thank you all for the prompt reply!
I did call AAMI this morning and the person told me i do not need to inform them if I'm not lodging a claim. The other driver needs to notify his insurance company and they will talk to AAMI.

First time having an accident...not too sure what's the process.
Do I wait for that person to call me tonight and pass him all my insurance details and tell them I want to bring my car to Honda to repair and they will take it from there?

(I'm at work at the moment. Might call AAMI again to reconfirm. The girl I was speaking to wasn't too helpful :S)

blastnpast
26-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Lol

When this happened to me I made a claim with AAMI and informed them
I am not liable then they accepted the claim against his insurance

You give the details to AAMI and let them organize the repairs and tell them
Up
Front u want Honda to fix it for you

IV73CI
26-10-2011, 10:54 AM
honda will not repair your vehicle due to vehicle collisions etc. (unless u took your car for a service @ Honda and then they damaged your vehicle whilst being in mechanical repair/service).

the warranty they provide is for the mechanical parts for your car.

(Correct me if im wrong)
All collision repairs should be taken up with an approved smash repairer by your insurance.

you do have the option to obtain a personal quote other than the insurance approved - though saying this, its not likely they will approve the costs to repair especially if the amount quoted is higher than the approved quote.

personal quote vs approved/insurance quote.

AAMI is correct that you do not need to make a claim, as the person in fault should be making the claim with their insurance (REAL Insurance).

but circumstances may change where its been more than a month and you havent heard nothing from the at fault party.

which means you may need to claim with AAMI and pay excess which then you can recover the excess costs from the other party.

Give the at fault a chance to make a claim, but if you dont hear nothing up to a month, then i would suggest try to contact the person before escalating to your own provider.

hope this helps!

mocchi
26-10-2011, 10:55 AM
my mate had a collusion and he was covered by AAMI.
welcome abourd to the collusion club.

IV73CI
26-10-2011, 10:58 AM
my mate had a collusion and he was covered by AAMI.
welcome abourd to the collusion club.

LOL ..inspiring :P

blastnpast
26-10-2011, 11:07 AM
LOL ..inspiring :P

Cough cough mocci:

Colosion 0
Collision 1

Lol

xwon2
26-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm preparing to lodge a police report if i don't hear anything from him after 24 hours or he refused to answer the phone

Glocker
26-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm preparing to lodge a police report if i don't hear anything from him after 24 hours or he refused to answer the phone

shit just got real

xwon2
26-10-2011, 11:29 AM
honda will not repair your vehicle due to vehicle collusions etc. (unless u took your car for a service @ Honda and then they damaged your vehicle whilst being in mechanical repair/service).

the warranty they provide is for the mechanical parts for your car.

(Correct me if im wrong)

All collusion repairs should be taken up with an approved smash repairer by your insurance.

you do have the option to obtain a personal quote other than the insurance approved - though saying this, its not likely they will approve the costs to repair especially if the amount quoted is higher than the approved quote.

personal quote vs approved/insurance quote.

AAMI is correct that you do not need to make a claim, as the person in fault should be making the claim with their insurance (REAL Insurance).

but circumstances may change where its been more than a month and you havent heard nothing from the at fault party.

which means you may need to claim with AAMI and pay excess which then you can recover the excess costs from the other party.

Give the at fault a chance to make a claim, but if you dont hear nothing up to a month, then i would suggest try to contact the person before escalating to your own provider.

hope this helps!

i forgot this forum is full of trolls! you reply is more detailed...haha

I bought my car from Astoria Honda and I found website below....They seem to do accident repair. I might call them up to find out

http://www.astoriahonda.com.au/body_repairs.php

lemmiwinks
26-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Call aami up and tell them you want to lodge a claim. Provide details of other driver. They'll probably ask how the accident occurred as well.

And yes, Astoria Honda do panel beating services through insurance. But you'll have to ask if you can choose your own repairer. Otherwise they'll send you to one of their own repairer, most likely in
Bentleigh.

IV73CI
26-10-2011, 12:12 PM
i forgot this forum is full of trolls! you reply is more detailed...haha

I bought my car from Astoria Honda and I found website below....They seem to do accident repair. I might call them up to find out

http://www.astoriahonda.com.au/body_repairs.php

LOL ...thats why theres a remark "Correct me if im wrong" ... lol ..

as most or all Honda dealerships do not offer smash repairs here in syd ..

so in other states like VIC may do.

get my vtec drifto? :thumbsup:

simmy
26-10-2011, 12:17 PM
anyone else been in a similiar collusion?

blastnpast
26-10-2011, 12:26 PM
anyone else been in a similiar collusion?

Lol guys come on! If your gonna help a man please spell words correctly :P

Colosion = 0
Collision = 1
Collusion = 0

mugen_ctr
26-10-2011, 01:05 PM
You need to lodge a claim, regardless whos fault it is if u want ur car fixed asap.

Aami generally deal with it very quickly, and if ur lucky, u can drop off ur car the same day, well for me it was the very next day

If u want a quick fix, let aami deal with who the repairer is, so long as its closer to you.... imo, its best to just let them deal with it

as long as you can justify ur story, and get the other person to claim its there fault than u have no need to deal with any of that legal issues

The assessor will deter man what happened based on the damages, but make sure u point out all the damages, because sometimes they will miss a few spots, than its a hassle calling em up to check if that spot was fixed or not.

mocchi
26-10-2011, 01:14 PM
xwon2 you should verify again with AAMI and determan if the collusion can be fixed at Honda.

marquee
26-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Just call aami give them the license details and rego and who he said was insured they will ask you what happened. They will determine who is at fault then they will book u a time to go to there repair centre. If u pay for a loan car u get a vallet.to the rental. Bobs ur uncle who cares if he hasnt called u do it through aami you pay insurance for a reason let them go around in circles

hussLEr
26-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident; they happen and insurance is a blessing!

My advice/experience in regards to the police report; if neither cars were towed and no one was hurt (physically), they'd tell you to worry about the matter through the insurance companies.

xwon2
26-10-2011, 03:28 PM
someone was asking me, was there any witness? I was like !?!?!?! it's hard to find a witness if no car is stopping.

say this person turns around and say I was the one hitting his car, I'm wondering how can the assessor know after hearing 2 different stories? Can they tell based on the scratches/damage? And what if they really can't tell based ont he damage? How do they assess?

lemmiwinks
26-10-2011, 03:34 PM
You call them up and tell them what happened, and then they'll probably send you a form in the mail that you have to draw a diagram on. They will determine who is at fault and resolve the issue.

So just call up AAMI and tell them you want to lodge a claim.. the longer you wait the longer it will take to get repaired.

xwon2
26-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Thank you all!
I have called AAMI and provided all the details. They have booked my car for assessment. Assessment and repair all will take up to 3 days.
They use genuine honda parts so there will no need to bring it to anywhere else as it won't be coveed.
Problem resolved :))))

Lazarus
26-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Lol guys come on! If your gonna help a man please spell words correctly :P

Colosion = 0
Collision = 1
Collusion = 0

I was in a collision with this random dude and was hell mad, so i took it to the smash repair and we formed a collusion as to how to get back at the random dude. As we were discussing, another random dude was trying to prevent our collusion by saying 'you know that colosion is illegal?' and we prompted to correct him that we were not in any sort of illegal behaviour.

Trufax.

Anyways,

Thank you all!
I have called AAMI and provided all the details. They have booked my car for assessment. Assessment and repair all will take up to 3 days.
They use genuine honda parts so there will no need to bring it to anywhere else as it won't be coveed.
Problem resolved :))))

Gratz on solving your problem.
Is the place you're taking it to give you a replacement car? For free?

dougie_504
26-10-2011, 08:41 PM
If somebody hits you then you should lodge ASAP. If he doesn't get back to you then AAMI will help get the car fixed and then proceed to chase him for the money.

How did the accident happen?

xwon2
27-10-2011, 07:54 AM
If somebody hits you then you should lodge ASAP. If he doesn't get back to you then AAMI will help get the car fixed and then proceed to chase him for the money.

How did the accident happen?

I have called AAMI and booked my car for assessment and repair.

I was on the 3rd lane after coming out of a roundabout. The man was in the middle lane and all of a sudden he just came to my lane and sideswiped my car. My car was scratched and damaged on the left hand side of my car (from the top part of front tyre to the top part of back tyre)
His old car didn't seem damaged (maybe very very minor damage). He apologised because he said he didn't see me.

He shouldn't be merging lane right after coming out of a roundabout without checking his blind spots :S

I asked AAMI would the person admitted it's his fault but later turn around to say it's my fault? AAMI said no because I was on the 3rd lane and he was in the middle lane when he hit me.....

dougie_504
27-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Word against word still, but fingers crossed it works out for you :)

tiksie
27-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Hope all works out for you mate.

I've been in a colishen once, not a good feeling.

vs2306
07-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread. But I just thought this info might be worth sharing.

If you're claiming through the at-fault party's insurance. Then you have 100% choice of repairer.

In order to do this, you need to get the name of the insurance company and the claim number; as well as the usual details. You can then pass this onto your chosen panel beater, and they will then liaise with the at-fault party's insurance.

Unfortunately if you go through AAMI, you don't get choice of repairer. Even if you're not at fault.

curtis265
07-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread. But I just thought this info might be worth sharing.

If you're claiming through the at-fault party's insurance. Then you have 100% choice of repairer.

In order to do this, you need to get the name of the insurance company and the claim number; as well as the usual details. You can then pass this onto your chosen panel beater, and they will then liaise with the at-fault party's insurance.

Unfortunately if you go through AAMI, you don't get choice of repairer. Even if you're not at fault.

Is this condition pacific to "real insurance"?

What if the at fault party is with AAMI?

not so luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy anymore

vs2306
07-12-2014, 12:54 PM
What if the at fault party is with AAMI?

not so luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy anymore

I'm pretty sure even if the at-fault party is with AAMI, you still have 100% choice of repairer. I've heard they can be a pain in the ass for panel beaters to deal with. But I've made a few inquiries with panel beaters, and if you're claiming from an at-fault party. They can liaise with them, and are usually happy to deal with them.

However if you're with AAMI, and are using your own policy to claim. Then unfortunately you don't get a choice. I know it may be ridiculous, especially when you're not at fault; but AAMI are tight and would rather chase up less money.

lolmclol
07-12-2014, 03:21 PM
The Suncorp group of insurers have a reputation for making it difficult for panel beaters.

RenzokukenJ
08-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Lol fuk I'm with aami fml

amant02
08-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Uh, I have been a bingle earlier this year. The driver at fault was with AAMI and Im with NRMA.

I still took it my own panel beater. He dealt with everything from their paperwork to annoying phone calls.

RenzokukenJ
08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Help me asap get out srs

vs2306
09-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Lol fuk I'm with aami fml

Same. If I had a more worthwhile car like a Type R. I wouldn't be insuring it with them. Next car, I'm thinking RACV coz they offer choice of repairer, and gave me a reasonable quote.

AAMI do give a lifetime guarantee with the repairs. As do majority of the other insurers, provided you use their repairer.

RenzokukenJ
09-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah that's one of the things that attracted me to them

EKVTIR-T
09-12-2014, 07:00 PM
AAMI were the cheapest I found and their application questions are quite vague which I prefer so I dont have to give them too much previous history info hehe

RenzokukenJ
09-12-2014, 07:25 PM
They are indeed bloody cheap..

Limbo
15-12-2014, 12:15 PM
buy a dashcam in future, will save alot of issues.

vs2306
20-03-2015, 09:25 PM

So my old man was involved in an minor accident recently, where he wasn't at fault. He managed to get the claim number off the at-fault person, and he's got the car booked in with his choice of repairer, which isn't an AAMI approved repairer.

So I can confirm that even if the at-fault party is insured with AAMI. You only need one quote (from any licensed repairer of your choice) :), if you're claiming through the at-fault person's insurance.

Edit: Our panel beater did warn say that AAMI may try and convince you to use their preferred repairer, and not to book anything with them. Otherwise they'll cancel the quote from your preferred repairer.

RenzokukenJ
20-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Lololol

I'm with aami help