PDA

View Full Version : New CR-Z

Pages : [1] 2

scuba-doc
28-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Since I'm an Aussie, and this is an Australian Honda forum, I thought it might be an idea to start a thread dedicated to the 'coming soon (http://www.honda.com.au/cars_new-cars.aspx)' CR-Z (https://crz.honda.com.au/default.aspx).

There's no official release date as yet, and the best indication we have at present is some time in November (http://news.drive.com.au/drive/melbourne-motor-show/2011-melbourne-motor-show-honda-slows-hybrid-charge-20110701-1gu7s.html). It can't be too far away, based on this recent article from carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011/small-passenger/honda/honda-crz-caught-in-south-yarra-27060).

Price, depending on options, is likely to be around $35,000.

Speaking of options, nothing definite at this stage, but we're apparently getting the version with back seats and we'll be able to choose from either 6MT or CVT (rumour only).

If you've heard anything, or you're a dealer/honda salesperson with inside knowledge, or you're a potential buyer, post away!

Thanks to Estoque and ccn88 for the links.

UNLS1
02-11-2011, 08:35 AM
im waiting for info on the Drive Day. should be this month. Ive seen 2 on the road they are Honda Cars.
As soon as i know ill post up

WATAJK
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Bring a Type R CRZ!

Philip Lee
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
^ doesn't exist so what can Honda Aus do??

scuba-doc
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Email just in from Honda Australia...

The CR-Z is launching on December 1! :cool:

Philip Lee
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
interesting. but i'd rather get the FT86 (price depending).

Atjo
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Can't really compare it with FT86 though cause CR-Z is hybrid.

Grayfox
06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
After 1 year in america and europe(man i really hate how australia gets things last).

But if i had the money i would get a KR-Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmOffqwWrJU

UNLS1
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
im booked in for a CRZ track day in melb on the 29th of nov. cant wait.

Philip Lee
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM
damn i hate you. to redeem yourself you better spill the price and spec now!! lol

UNLS1
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
haha i cant tell u what i know! there might be 2 spec levels....

Philip Lee
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
haha i cant tell u what i know! there might be 2 spec levels....

"povo" spec and "u can't afford" spec?? haha

both manual and auto are offered?

UNLS1
11-11-2011, 07:58 AM
yes to manual and an auto!

First hybrid manual FTW!

tron07
14-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Honda Malaysia brought like 100 units to Malaysia... without rear seats, just 2 holes behind where the seats are so its a 2 seater. I doubt can fit adults behind though

UNLS1
15-11-2011, 08:19 AM
yeah there is no room in the back unless u have no legs. the integra was similar

Philip Lee
15-11-2011, 09:28 AM
yeah there is no room in the back unless u have no legs. the integra was similar

no way. the problem with Integras are the lack of head room. there are adequate leg room if the front passengers aren't too tall.

CRZ would probably be like the old CRX.

UNLS1
17-11-2011, 07:49 AM
oooer just got allocated my new demo CRZ luxury in turquoise horizon blue! :D

Philip Lee
17-11-2011, 09:37 AM
^^ pic or ban lol

UNLS1
17-11-2011, 12:45 PM
bahaha as soon as i get it ill post up. just going to get tint and mats. really looking forward to the drive day now!

UNLS1
21-11-2011, 10:08 AM
got the CRZ melb launch this wed night!

pipocai
21-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Saw the white version of the crz on the weekend!! Looked pretty mean from a far in the rear mirror, with the daytime runing lights, plus the driver was speeding down princess highway.

Snoop_gee
22-11-2011, 06:24 AM
got the CRZ melb launch this wed night!

u got details man?

UNLS1
22-11-2011, 08:17 AM
u got details man?

as i said, the launch this wed night.

Atjo
22-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Is that launch only for dealers or public as well?

UNLS1
22-11-2011, 02:38 PM
dealers

scuba-doc
22-11-2011, 03:08 PM
So does that mean you'll have info on accessories/colours/spec levels etc. on Thursday?

2 weeks after an email from Honda Australia stating launch day was December 1, the CRZ website still says 'late 2011' launch. An update would be much appreciated.

UNLS1
22-11-2011, 03:31 PM
i know the colours, i know what models and i will know deff specs tomorrow night and i hope prices.

it will be fun indeed and exciting for alot of us. Ill find out when honda is releasing all these details to the general public.

aaronng
22-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Base (velour) and luxury (leather). But I hope they have a regular spec and a sporty spec (bucket sporty seats) instead.

Driveline-wise, it will probably be the same since it uses the Honda Insight drivetrain.

Snoop_gee
22-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Is that launch only for dealers or public as well?

thats wat i meant.

Anyways i got to spot 1 Yesterday.
in the right colour also
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/268997-1/IMAG0193.jpg

TurBIce
22-11-2011, 09:14 PM
cr-z or sp20?

ryaan
22-11-2011, 11:35 PM
thats wat i meant.

Anyways i got to spot 1 Yesterday.
in the right colour also
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/268997-1/IMAG0193.jpg

damns nice catch. no point to lock it up in dealers until launch day, as this driver spoils it all haha

UNLS1
24-11-2011, 01:11 PM
great times last night there will be a sport version and a luxury.

scuba-doc
24-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Price(s)?
Colours?
Specs?

When will Honda in its infinite wisdom release the information that buyers actually require when considering a purchase? What's the point of the delay? Are we worried Toyota might steal important secrets?

UNLS1
24-11-2011, 01:45 PM
mate the car has not been released yet. It will be on DEC 1st. media get the launch today.
its not big secret its just the car is not released yet. simple.
im sure buyers can wait a week or so

scuba-doc
24-11-2011, 02:10 PM
lol... more than 4 years since it was announced, over 12 months since the USA and Japan got it... we've been waiting way more than a week. But you're right... 1 more week is nothing in comparison.

I wonder if the 'loud noise/rattle' issue in the US model has been resolved in the Australian model.

UNLS1
24-11-2011, 02:19 PM
who knows?! i suppose we will find out next week lol

scuba-doc
24-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Our questions answered...

Click here (http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/news/2011/small-passenger/honda/honda-crz-matches-prius-27798)

integraz
25-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Info here:

$34,990+ for base manual

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52935/honda-cr-z-on-sale-in-australia

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52933/2012-honda-cr-z-pricing-confirmed-for-australia

Mikecivic78
25-11-2011, 09:53 AM

WTF? Compared to s15 or RX7, to name a few legless examples, Integras have doable rear leg room and can fit smallish adults.

vtecing
25-11-2011, 10:59 AM
my wife fit in the back of mine with a wedding dress on. Yeh i made her sit in the back while I drove... lol jk i was in the back too :)

scuba-doc
25-11-2011, 03:57 PM
More info, see here (https://crz.honda.com.au/exclusive.aspx)

Honda's own estimate of total price including on-roads is closer to $45k... great!

SlobberGoat
25-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Hmm, still no mention of colours...

marquee
25-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I wonder if flashpro would work with australian ecus

chunsa
25-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Wow EXPENSIVE!!

I was interested in getting one but man those prices. For that amount of coin, you could get better cars :(

UNLS1
26-11-2011, 08:26 AM
im taking the Luxury Home for the weekend. its the horizon blue colour. the storm silver looks good too! other colours are prem white, black and milano red.

Philip Lee
26-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow EXPENSIVE!!

I was interested in getting one but man those prices. For that amount of coin, you could get better cars :(

So what price range were u expecting??

chunsa
26-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Focusing on Honda only. If I wanted fuel efficiency I would opt for the Honda Jazz. Cheaper, more utility and based on the American forums very similar speed.

For top of the range CRZ you are then entering the Civic Type R range. For "sporty" you would go for the FN2 and even then I would look at other manufacturers.

Comparing to another hybrid would be the Lexus CT200h. For most people badge snobbery wins and you could get a base CT200h around this price range too (for the price of a top of the range CRZ).

As loyal as I am to Honda's I cannot understand this price point - driven alot of Hondas, converted my family to Hondas but now competition has really caught up. Over in the states they have priced the CRZ reasonably close to the Honda Jazz. Makes sense to me as you are just paying a few thousand for a more "sportier" car with similar fuel economy. I do not understand paying over 10,000+ more.

Likewise with the Mitsubishi iMiev sitting at ~$50,000 I would not consider it. Are they targeting people who are concerned with fuel economy or helping the environment here? Helping the environment is one thing but if that was the serious point why don't the government help subsidise it? (People who are "helping" the environment don't even drive cars that often - my observation)

I was really expecting a price under $30,000 to beat the VW Polo GTi. I see that as comparison. And what happens when the Hyundai Veloster pops out?

I just really need to understand who is the target market for the CRZ? Honda Enthusiasts? /ramble :(

Atjo
27-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Make sense

Snoop_gee
28-11-2011, 07:15 AM
late 30's to 40's for a hybrid. Geez.

At least make it work the while and put a decent motor.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/6316316192_f630ff0aa7_b.jpg

UNLS1
28-11-2011, 08:01 AM
i enjoyed driving it for the weekend, it is a fun little car to drive and nice and light and it had more zip than i expected.
i would have to agree with the price point, for the same $$$ u could get a euro lux nav! I guess it will be a niche market car.

Ill learn more at the track day tomorrow

Dems
28-11-2011, 10:33 AM
spotted one today, looked great driving.

would be keen for one but as others have said not for that $$$

might wait for a damaged one and k-swap it...

now just need to win the lotto.

Atjo
28-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I think it's expensive because the hybrid technology itself still expensive to make. If all car manufacturers have at least one hybrid model i think it will become cheaper.

Snoop_gee
28-11-2011, 02:40 PM
spotted one today, looked great driving.

would be keen for one but as others have said not for that $$$

might wait for a damaged one and k-swap it...

now just need to win the lotto.

w0Rd!

denot
28-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Ok, Honda or Toyota (lexus) hybrid? All the review compares CRZ with Prius, but it should've been compared to CT200H. I think I still go for the Lexus because of the build quality (interior in CR-Z are so full of plastic, the sun light bounced on it)

UNLS1
28-11-2011, 03:27 PM
yeah but the lexus looks like a pumped out corolla and the CRZ leaves it for dead in the looks dept.

denot
28-11-2011, 03:34 PM
yeah but the lexus looks like a pumped out corolla and the CRZ leaves it for dead in the looks dept.

I loved the exterior and the futuristic dashboard, but bad quality can be seen immediately... :(

UNLS1
28-11-2011, 04:48 PM
i cant see the bad quality im sorry.

Philip Lee
28-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't think bad quality are the right words, but Lexus definitely has better interior material than any Honda.

UNLS1
29-11-2011, 07:38 AM
lexus should have a better build than any honda! it is LEXUS!

hondar
29-11-2011, 08:32 AM
i dont know whats in the honda australia / govt thinking.. i saw the price and shake my head.

i was having a chat with murakami-san from js racing and was told this car is selling very well in japan because japanese govt gives heaps of incentives to buy hybrid car that makes the car cheaper than conventional car. for us we were slapped with premium price to go green. go figure!

they should include as part of their carbon reduction scheme to give incentives for us to buy green car as well since car emit carbon (heaps of cars in australia)

i know dealers wants to make money like any other business but just not seeing how people will be buying this car in this period where everyone is cautious how the $$$ is spend.

denot
29-11-2011, 09:03 AM

with same price as Honda :)

Philip Lee
29-11-2011, 09:14 AM
i dont know whats in the honda australia / govt thinking.. i saw the price and shake my head.

i was having a chat with murakami-san from js racing and was told this car is selling very well in japan because japanese govt gives heaps of incentives to buy hybrid car that makes the car cheaper than conventional car. for us we were slapped with premium price to go green. go figure!

they should include as part of their carbon reduction scheme to give incentives for us to buy green car as well since car emit carbon (heaps of cars in australia)

i know dealers wants to make money like any other business but just not seeing how people will be buying this car in this period where everyone is cautious how the $$$ is spend.

Japanese govt would want to help their car industry by giving incentive for hybrid cars which at the moment are most Japanese made.

we don't produce any hybrids so why would our govt wants to help foreign companies.

unfortunately with most things green/organic. you have to pay a premium for them.

with same price as Honda :)

but the cheapest CT200H isn't that much more exxy than the CRZ lux. with similar performance, 2 extra doors and usable rear seats. and it's a godamn LEXUS!!!

(i know i know, one is a "sports car" while one is a hatch. we have to pay premium for "sports car")

denot
29-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Dont get me wrong, if the price is right (RRP under 30k) I definitely buy the CRZ over CT200H. It just the price I'm concern about.... another 5k you can get CTR? or for the same price (as stated by UNLS1) you can get Accord Euro.

we don't produce any hybrids so why would our govt wants to help foreign companies.

Dang! And I thought Camry hybrid is Made in Oz like our "camry"

curtis265
29-11-2011, 10:42 AM
^CTR? completely different thing... apples and oranges

saw one the other day being test driven :D

Philip Lee
29-11-2011, 11:19 AM

yeah but u think our govt will favour Toyota over Ford and Holden??? think about the media outrage......

aaronng
29-11-2011, 11:45 AM

I actually prefer the new 2012 camry hybrid from Japan. I'd pick that over even an Accord Euro!

denot
29-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I actually prefer the new 2012 camry hybrid from Japan. I'd pick that over even an Accord Euro!

Saw one in flesh @ AMLUX and looks really good... So will they sell those here as Aurion Hybrid?

But I still think CRZ is a good daily driving (just for me to drive to and from work)

Mikecivic78
29-11-2011, 05:22 PM
pics please

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 08:05 AM
i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! did a few laps on my own flat out around the track yesterday and that car was made for twists and turns. It even has a better exhaust note than a civic 1.8, jazz ect.

It is similar to the old CRX's, the were not high powered cars but a hell of alot of fun to drive and good on fuel. Sat nav/ glass roof and leather dont really bother me so the manual sports would be my pic if i ever was to buy one.

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 10:20 AM
another thing, it has a shorter wheel base than jazz but is the same width as civic. has a 60/40 weight distribution also.

curtis265
30-11-2011, 11:17 AM
so keen to test drive one now!!

Mikecivic78
30-11-2011, 01:11 PM
i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! did a few laps on my own flat out around the track yesterday and that car was made for twists and turns. It even has a better exhaust note than a civic 1.8, jazz ect.

It is similar to the old CRX's, the were not high powered cars but a hell of alot of fun to drive and good on fuel. Sat nav/ glass roof and leather dont really bother me so the manual sports would be my pic if i ever was to buy one.

A true spruik if I ever heard one.

Similar to old CRX how? Old CRX was about power vs weight, on paper this car is not that at all. A big rasberry for that one!

i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! when is it not?

Better exhaust note than Jazz and 1.8 Civic? LMAO, those car's notes are crap. What about comparing it to a b16a CRX?

The car was made for twists and turns: out of the factory it will be a predictable understeerer like almost all production cars (type Rs and STIs being noteable exceptions). Without aftermarket sway bars and lowering springs cars like WRX and DC5 aren't that hot in the twisties. I seriously doubt this car is any different.

What about a balanced review that mentions both cons as well as pros my car dealer friend?

p.s. I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!

denot
30-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!

have you ever drive one? or have you even seen one yet? Please test drive one before you can comment how "crap" it is. Thanks

Mikecivic78
30-11-2011, 01:18 PM
have you ever drive one? or have you even seen one yet? Please test drive one before you can comment how "crap" it is. Thanks

I never said the CRZ was crap. I said the jazz's exhaust note is crap. Pls don't misquote me.

denot
30-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I never said the CRZ was crap. I said the jazz's exhaust note is crap. Pls don't misquote me.

alrite cool! :angel:

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 03:23 PM
A true spruik if I ever heard one.

Similar to old CRX how? Old CRX was about power vs weight, on paper this car is not that at all. A big rasberry for that one!

i would have to say the manual is by far the most fun to drive! when is it not?

Better exhaust note than Jazz and 1.8 Civic? LMAO, those car's notes are crap. What about comparing it to a b16a CRX?

The car was made for twists and turns: out of the factory it will be a predictable understeerer like almost all production cars (type Rs and STIs being noteable exceptions). Without aftermarket sway bars and lowering springs cars like WRX and DC5 aren't that hot in the twisties. I seriously doubt this car is any different.

What about a balanced review that mentions both cons as well as pros my car dealer friend?

p.s. I've probably opened a can of worms here, but I feel it's my time for a rant, so let the shit storm begin!

1.WHen designed they had the CRX in mind and wanted to get a similar shape and make it fun to drive aswell as good on fuel, im sorry u missed that at training yesterday.

2. alot of people dont buy manual anymore and like autos with paddle shift, alot of the feed back was that the auto CVT was much better than people expected.

3. The exhaust not is better than those non hybrid cars and sounds rather good, well in the track it did as everyone commented. We all thought being a hybrid u wouldnt hear much note at all, and under power it sounds rather good. (sorry i didnt see u there once again)

4. yes made for twists and turns, it hadles fantastic for a hybrid car compared to the others in the line up, it handles much better than civic and jazz. Once again i didnt see u on the track driving them.

5. if u want cons then fine, i needs a center armrest as standard, i dont like CVT in any car at all but thats just my opinion, i think more women will drive it and want to buy it, i think it is priced too high.

Mikecivic78
30-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Why did you delete this last part of your last post? Here it is for everyone to see.

mate well done to u for being a die hard old school honda fan! i dont like old little civics or CRX's but i dont go on here crapping on about it, i sell the things and have for over 7 years, i am not a die hard honda fan and in fact if i was to purchase a car tomorrow it would not be a honda but thats just my opinion.
pls stop holding onto the past, this is not going to be a hardcore TYPE R or CRX.
i think most of ur comments are just forum crap to be honest, i dont care as i said i just gave my opinion as an every day driver not a hardcore fan.

You wouldn't buy a Honda, but you shamelessly sell them for your own interests. This is a forum for hardcore fans, not salespeople (unless you are a trader, and they pay to sell here). You post just to spruik your wares. Salesmen will say anything is awesome just to make a sale, that's my point.

You've been here for 6 years, yet have No reputation or trade ratings, so step the f**k off.

denot
30-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Why did you delete this last part of your last post? Here it is for everyone to see.

You wouldn't buy a Honda, but you shamelessly sell them for your own interests. This is a forum for hardcore fans, not salespeople (unless you are a trader, and they pay to sell here). You post just to spruik your wares. Salesmen will say anything is awesome just to make a sale, that's my point.

You've been here for 6 years, yet have No reputation or trade ratings, so step the f**k off.

Hmmm if I have the money to buy a small run around car to & from work, this could be considered... Like I said the only thing that I'm dont like is the price... If Honda really wants to bounce back on the market, they should start lowering their profit margin to get more customer. Even UNLS1 (Honda salesman) share the same thought about the pricing...

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 04:59 PM
honestly who give a rats about trade ratings? this is an internet forum ffs. i dont have reputaion?? once again who gives a flying F*&!
i come on here and give an opinion as a normal person not a hardcore honda fan. i dont come on here to sell cars either, just to give my 2c about cars coming out. Im not saying anything to make a sale, im just giving my opinion and that is it.

Normal people come on here to find out about Hondas in general. lots of potention honda future customers looking at 2nd hand and new ones. What i say is very valid indeed and there are many people on here who are not as hardcore as you so please gtfo!

i have sold almost 1000 hondas in my life and i have a fantastic trade rating....

Atjo
30-11-2011, 05:06 PM

Chill out! We don't tolerate negative comments like that. This is an open forum, not just hardcore fans only.

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I sell honda as I am passionate about the product I sell. I don't have to be a hardcore enthusiast. I have also helped members through private message with help regarding parts and prices and other Honda related things over the years for members all over Australia and not for my own personal gain. I'm just happy to get on here and help clarify a few things from colors to options or what ever. Honda is going through its hardest times at the moment and I'm doing my best to be positive about what I have to sell and pass it on to other people.

Mikecivic78
30-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Salesmen are always passionate about what they sell cause it's their job to hype things up.

The fact that you wouldn't buy a Honda yourself shows ur not true passionate about Hondas.

Part of Honda Australia's 'tough times' is that it has no strong flagship model available. The FN2R was reviled by motoring press and the new CRZ, which is seen as the resurrection on the CRX (an iconic sports car in it's own right) can hardly be called a sports car. Like UNLS1 said, mostly women will buy them.

At 45K to get one on the road, enthusiasts will get a WRX or something else if they want performance. Women and the eco crowd will buy the CRZ.

UNLS1
30-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Salesmen are always passionate about what they sell cause it's their job to hype things up.

The fact that you wouldn't buy a Honda yourself shows ur not true passionate about Hondas.

Part of Honda Australia's 'tough times' is that it has no strong flagship model available. The FN2R was reviled by motoring press and the new CRZ, which is seen as the resurrection on the CRX (an iconic sports car in it's own right) can hardly be called a sports car. Like UNLS1 said, mostly women will buy them.

At 45K to get one on the road, enthusiasts will get a WRX or something else if they want performance. Women and the eco crowd will buy the CRZ.

I would not buy a Honda as thy don't make the performance cars I like. I have purchased a civic sport for my wife and she will get a new CRV in 2012 when the new model is out, my mum has a civic and my mother in law has a my11 euro lux. I would not get them into Hondas if I didn't like them and didn't have some passion for them. I would love a newer S2k if it was a bit bigger and a newer model as that was once of the best sports cars I have driven.

anjin
04-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Test drove a crz today. Black, manual, standard. I quite liked it. Only been licensed two days!

Firstly, forget about power compared to other cars as an issue. If you want more power you add a turbo. You can have more power then than you know what to do with, if you want it. r you can leave it stock. It's a choice.

Sitting in the car, the driving position is a little compromised. Can't see where the front of the car is at all. I couldn't even see the bonnet. So you'd have to be careful. View in the rear vision mirror was a bit strange - seemed squashed as its a small aperture mirror. The car is quite narrow at the rear. You could see cars behind ok, but reversing would be an art. I'd be adding a moveable camera myself. Side mirrors were also something to get used to. A convex design so distances were further away than real, and the outer third was a different convex shape so you had a wider peripheral vision again. There's this vertical line in the mirror where the curvature changes. The instrument cluster is digital, but more restrained than the civic type R so less in your face. Seat offers nice support. Interior is a lot of black. Didn't really notice it when driving, so that was good. Rear seats are a joke - no leg space. Its a two seater coupe that could do occasional rear seat duty. The sales guy made a point of demonstrating the lack of rear leg space - no hiding at all.

The test car was manual - 6 speed but 6 is highway overdrive. Nice gearbox action. Clutch was good as well. Steering is electric, and this was the first time I'd driven a car with that set-up. Found it quite good, with some weight in the feel. The sport mode settings make it more direct in feel. Liked it better than power assist steering as there was more feel. Note that I normally drive crx's with no power steering.
Suspension was comfortable over car park strips, but also firm enough to provide feedback through the body and seat about what the road was doing. Nice sport setting. Reminded me a bit of the S2000 in the way the body movement felt quite alive on a bumpy road. On smooth sections felt either planted on the road, or heavy - take your pick of descriptions. The crx (g2)definitely feels more skittish, but probably similar to how my G1 feels. Note I don't like the way a standard gen 2 crx feels - almost above the road rather than on it. It's a persaonal preference of mine, and I liked the crz there. Others won't.
Didn't throw it into any corners on Saturday morning commuter roads, so I can't comment on that. Felt capable. The salesman had just come from a test session at a track in Victoria, and had been surprised at how well it had done. Note my crx's have aftermarket springs and struts, so I'm used to a modified suspension.

Power delivery was nice for city use - just let the electric motor provide low down torque. Definitely down on the crx, but still good. As I said, you want power just add it. Didn't try to rev the motor out - red line is about 6800 - and I don't rev out other peoples cars It was enough power to maintain interest.

Batterys are good for 8 tears on warranty and 15 years estimated life. About $2000 to replace at current prices. Thats way less than the petrol saved.

So I was favourably impressed. As a sporty hybrid it does do the job in the honda way. Would I buy one. Certainly possible if I want a new car. Lot of competition for the dollar out there however.

banzai
04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Another CR-Z test pilot here this weekend. Also a black Sport model with 6-speed.

Overall impression is that it isn't too bad; ride and handling is very good, interior is snug but it should be a genuine 2-seater not a pretend 2+2. I thought the driver's seat had a bit to much lumbar support but that is probably adjustable. The instruments are a bit gimmicky and I also found they were badly affected by sunlight. My test was around the middle of the day so the sun was pretty much straight down.

I'm not used to cars with such low torque so take-offs on Sydney hills took me a while to get used to. I usually take off around town with quite low revs but the CR-Z just doesn't have the low end to carry it off. If Honda could pull another at least another 100kg out of the car it would really help.

Design I also think the car needs to be lower. Not just 20 or 30mm lower on the suspension but 40 or 50mm lower on roof height. Get rid of those rear seats and lower the seat height to go with it and you would have a lighter, smaller and even more fuel efficient car with better performance. I guess Honda marketing says different.

At < $30k I'd buy one but at $40k the numbers just don't add up for a low to moderate fuel user like me and this is a problem for all hybrids. I can have a lot more performance in a number of other cars for similar cost or similar fuel consumption for a lot less. I like the CR-Z and its unique selling point is its styling which is streets ahead of any other hybrid, and indeed most other cars on the market.

If, as reported the replacement battery would cost $2k at current prices, then at current prices and usage it would take me at least 5 years to realise that replacement cost.

I love small sports/sporty cars and I love the potential of the CR-Z. Put a K20A in it and I would by one today. It is the size that a modern Integra Type R should be and arguably looks a lot better than the current Civic.

Philip Lee
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Sat in one yesterday but didn't test drive. It's a white lux and I couldn't be bothered with the CVT.

The silly thing is, leather seat up front but cloth at the back. WTF....

Anyway the roof is too low with the sunroof. Felt cramped and my head touches the top constantly. I gave up!!!

After looking at reviews of 86, I think id rather buy that instead....

aaronng
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM

I'm a moderator on Ozhonda and even I wouldn't buy any of Honda's current lineup. there is no need to be passionate to the point of blindness. This blind passion just turns ppl into fanboys.

UNLS1
05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm a moderator on Ozhonda and even I wouldn't buy any of Honda's current lineup. there is no need to be passionate to the point of blindness. This blind passion just turns ppl into fanboys.

QTF!

good to see a few of you going out for a drive.
ive been driving ours for a week now, i think at my height 6'3" its not a good daily for my size. Still fun to drive but its auto and we are still waiting for manual stock.
As far as anjin said about not being able to see the front, its the same as Jazz, Civic and oddyssey! U just learn to drive with it.

curtis265
05-12-2011, 11:02 AM
yes u definitely do get used to it. If you can't see the bonnet then you're not going to hit something that u can still see if that makes any sense

denot
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
After looking at reviews of 86, I think id rather buy that instead....

You know that if it ever come down here, it will cost around 45k+ mark, right?

Philip Lee
05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
You know that if it ever come down here, it will cost around 45k+ mark, right?

is this info from Toyota Australia or just speculation?? there are too many rumours flying around and i would just patiently wait for offical info then make my decision accordingly.

denot
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
is this info from Toyota Australia or just speculation?? there are too many rumours flying around and i would just patiently wait for offical info then make my decision accordingly.

when CRZ hasnt been released in Jap, they are rumor that this car will be sold for $20k-$25k now they release it here with $13k (52%) more than the highest number rumored.

now, 86 hasnt been released, and the rumor it will be around $30k so based on the figure above, the esimate will be around 152% x $30k = $45.6k

And based on the good review it has, what could stop Toyota AUS from jacking up the price?

Philip Lee
05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
if this is your logic, lets use the FJ Cruiser as an example (both made in Japan, both lowish volume).

in japan FJ is around 3.3M @ 80 that's around $41,250. RRP here is $44,990.00 + orc.

the 86 is rumoured to starts in the mid 2M, lets say 2.7M = $33,750. therefore given your logic, the 86 should start around $37k + orc for the base model.

CRZ in japan starts from 2.3M = $28,750, nearly $4-9k higher than your rumored claim of starting at $20k-25k. Aussie spec cars also have better spec than the cheapest CRZ in Japan.

also you can't just compare what Honda does/did to what Toyota will do. their pricing strategy is most likely different.

aaronng
05-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Unless I really wanted a hybrid, I'd also look at the FT86 first. Yummy, I just wished it had a tad more power.

denot
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
if this is your logic, lets use the FJ Cruiser as an example (both made in Japan, both lowish volume).

in japan FJ is around 3.3M @ 80 that's around $41,250. RRP here is $44,990.00 + orc.

the 86 is rumoured to starts in the mid 2M, lets say 2.7M = $33,750. therefore given your logic, the 86 should start around $37k + orc for the base model.

CRZ in japan starts from 2.3M = $28,750, nearly $4-9k higher than your rumored claim of starting at $20k-25k. Aussie spec cars also have better spec than the cheapest CRZ in Japan.

also you can't just compare what Honda does/did to what Toyota will do. their pricing strategy is most likely different.

Are the price stated by you is the final price? I was comparing it to the rumor, 86 hasnt got RRP yet (even in Japan). So you cant compare RRP of FJ and CRZ with rumored price of 86

Philip Lee
06-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Are the price stated by you is the final price? I was comparing it to the rumor, 86 hasnt got RRP yet (even in Japan). So you cant compare RRP of FJ and CRZ with rumored price of 86

obviously my price that i worked out above is not final. in no way did i imply or express otherwise.

my calculation was trying to explain that your logic is flawed because (1) working with rumoured price is meaningless (by the CRZ comparision) and (2) estimating a companies' potential price based on the situation of another company is also meaningless (with the FJ calculation).

therefore my conclusion is still:

....there are too many rumours flying around and i would just patiently wait for offical info then make my decision accordingly.

denot
06-12-2011, 10:03 AM
obviously my price that i worked out above is not final. in no way did i imply or express otherwise.

my calculation was trying to explain that your logic is flawed because (1) working with rumoured price is meaningless (by the CRZ comparision) and (2) estimating a companies' potential price based on the situation of another company is also meaningless (with the FJ calculation).

therefore my conclusion is still:

Yup, and my conclusion is still: the 86 will not be sold here for $30k as rumored

Philip Lee
06-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Yup, and my conclusion is still: the 86 will not be sold here for $30k as rumored

$30k isn't a rumour, it's wishful thinking (aka dreaming).

but i doubt they will start at least $45k+ as you claimed. my gut feeling is a base model around $40k on road and a high spec around $45k on road, give and take. add $2k for auto.

denot
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
so... anyone bought one yet? :p

UNLS1
14-12-2011, 09:41 AM
i know of a few that have been sold

UNLS1
15-12-2011, 10:57 AM
i have been enjoyin driving it the last 2 weeks, sports mode using the paddle shifters is fun to use and changes the feel of the car alot.
They only bad feed back and i kinda agree with is the price of the car :(

Kenshin3180
26-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Went and had a look the other day, not a bad looking car but, $45k for a CRZ luxury or $45k for a Renault Megane RS 250 cup... unless you are trying to save the planet by buying hybrid (debatable), seems a bit of a no brainer to me...?

WATAJK
26-12-2011, 07:32 PM
i had a look at one at Essendon Honda, the boys/girls there are fantastic but to be honest, im a pretty brutal and harsh person when it comes to comments..
The guy asked you wanna buy one,
i said your kidding right? The only car i would MAYBE consider buying in Honda current range is an FN2R but thats still a maybe....
To be honest and frank, as others have said, theres nothing REALLY appealing in Honda's current range, the only car i would say is the FD2R but that will never happen as we all well know.

Will see what they bring out in the next few years i guess.

sw4444
09-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Hello, Sydney keen to buy here, want a black one!

Sport or Lux what do you all think; I need a gps so I have to go lux, unless I suppose I caould plug my Galazy Nexus phone in as it has a nice gps?...

Anyone know if there is decent room in the engine bay for a turbo?

UNLS1
10-01-2012, 09:08 AM
u going to spend 10+k doing so? how mant turbo CRZ's have u seen?

sw4444
10-01-2012, 09:28 AM
u going to spend 10+k doing so? how mant turbo CRZ's have u seen?

10K.....will a 3,000 dollar turbo and Labour come to that?

May as well go the Supercharger route it sound like Honda are going for?

Do you think will Honda do this for me so the warrenty is still valid?

Perhaps I will contact honda and as them for a Supercharger and tell them they can decal my car with HONDA CR-V and I will drive it around the city alot...that get me a discount do you think?

On your other point; I haven't seen any CR-Zs at all, on the web though I have seen a CR-Z with nearly 400hp and wow it sounded 'sweet'(don't use kw's myself yet)! Still got good milage (kilometerige?!) too!

Where do you work, do you want to sell me a Black Lux auto with a Tbo or SprCrg?

curtis265
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
i think you're crazy.

hardly any mechanics, let alone a dealership will do such a thing for you

sw4444
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
i think you're crazy.

Crazy why; I think the car is buy far the nicest looking car in the Honda range and it would be nice to have a little more poke?

Why wouldn't a Honda delarship, using offical Honda parts and offical Honda tools ;), fit a Honda with a Honda turbo for example?

sw4444
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
i think you're crazy.

They do in Japan (mechanics that is)....we arent that far behind in Aus are we?
Woudl you recommend that I do the sort of things you have on your prelude instead - exhast, flywheel, tunning/Computer adjustment, sparks, wheels etc instead to get a bit more poke?

denot
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Why wouldn't a Honda delarship, using offical Honda parts and offical Honda tools ;), fit a Honda with a Honda turbo for example?

Can you name an OEM Honda turbo car in Australia? Please do more research before saying anything mate :)

....we arent that far behind in Aus are we?
And what do you mean by "we are behind because our Honda dealer doesnt do this"?

curtis265
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Crazy why; I think the car is buy far the nicest looking car in the Honda range and it would be nice to have a little more poke?

that's the issue, there is no honda turbo. there's also a lot of custom work involved and honda workshops are only for servicing, not custom parts fabrication

They do in Japan (mechanics that is)....we arent that far behind in Aus are we?
Woudl you recommend that I do the sort of things you have on your prelude instead - exhast, flywheel, tunning/Computer adjustment, sparks, wheels etc instead to get a bit more poke?

they do here too but you're looking at extreme dollah, plus nobody has really done it yet so it'll be very experimental. i would recommend doing all the NA upgrades first, yes

Tai
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Requoted for LOLness

Hello, Sydney keen to buy here, want a black one!

Sport or Lux what do you all think; I need a gps so I have to go lux, unless I suppose I caould plug my Galazy Nexus phone in as it has a nice gps?...

Anyone know if there is decent room in the engine bay for a turbo?

Perhaps I will contact honda and as them for a Supercharger and tell them they can decal my car with HONDA CR-V and I will drive it around the city alot...that get me a discount do you think?

On your other point; I haven't seen any CR-Zs at all, on the web though I have seen a CR-Z with nearly 400hp and wow it sounded 'sweet'(don't use kw's myself yet)! Still got good milage (kilometerige?!) too!

Where do you work, do you want to sell me a Black Lux auto with a Tbo or SprCrg?

Vvvtec
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Pic Removed

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Requoted for LOLness

So Honda dont make turbos OK whats so funny, we dont have 'Mugen' sp? or any company accociated with Honda for tunning in Aus? .....didn't the K23 have a turbo, does the only thing Honda Aus do is use Australian parts, they cant ship over Japensese parts for fss?

It turns out Honda garages are just for servicing and not for modifications or imporving your car, I really can't ask them to put a new exhaust on?

I am sure I could of spent some time trawling the net but you guys are car nuts right; and know these things quicker then I can get the full answer?

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
You need some dentistry work.

Vvvtec
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
I need a turbo CR-Z

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
that's the issue, there is no honda turbo. there's also a lot of custom work involved and honda workshops are only for servicing, not custom parts fabrication

they do here too but you're looking at extreme dollah, plus nobody has really done it yet so it'll be very experimental. i would recommend doing all the NA upgrades first, yes

OK thank you, other upgrades first then, its not hard for the rest of you to be reasonable you know!

People have done it just not in Australia, by the sounds of it, given they are only just out.

Tai
10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
How old are you sw444 ?

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Late thirties you?

Whats you IQ Tai?

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Theyre just hazing you since youre new,try to ignore it

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I need a turbo CR-Z

You need an attitude adjustment, oh and enough money to afford it, the car that is.

sw4444
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Theyre just hazing you since youre new,try to ignore it

Thank you, I find it quite entertaining, but I should get on with some work.

Tai
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
When I grow old like sw4444 I want to go to a dealer ship with my brand new hybrid car and have them turbo charge it with factory turbo parts that are non existent and then have them plaster sponsorship stickers on my car.

LOL lots of IQ there I can tell.

sw4444
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Funyn thing is children tend to have more brains than you with the way you are posting at the moment

Really, I must correct myself then, act cool and not excited by the prospect of a new car?

So you claim to be more mature then me?

Do we want to get into how bad your written English is; are you eighteen or just a lazy writer?

Anyway as they say; arguing on the Internet is likely winning the special Olympics.........

JohnO
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Lmao why not put a r18+ tubro in it. Makes 180 k atw

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Vvvtec
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
You need an attitude adjustment, oh and enough money to afford it, the car that is.

You need a reality check.

Tai
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Really, I must correct myself then, act cool and not excited by the prospect of a new car?

So you claim to be more mature then me?

Do we want to get into how bad your written English is; are you eighteen or just a lazy writer?

Anyway as they say; arguing on the Internet is likely winning the special Olympics.........

I do claim I am more mature than you, thank you kind sir.

Really you think I am 18, why thank you, I knew I looked younger than I thought but 18 is simply a very nice compliment.

For someone as delusional about modifying a hybrid car with a factory turbo from a car manufacturer that does not make them as standard those are very thoughtful words.

Cheerio

JohnO
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Lets be honest Honda has never placed a factory turbo into any Aussie delivered car as of yet only rumors of the new type r will carry a turbo. If you wanna mod your crz maybe have a look at the spoon crz or think about kswap like the states have started

UNLS1
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM

sorry i forgot its school holidays and you are bored. well done child.

denot
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
So Honda dont make turbos OK whats so funny, we dont have 'Mugen' sp? or any company accociated with Honda for tunning in Aus?
No

.....didn't the K23 have a turbo,
Not for Oz spec

does the only thing Honda Aus do is use Australian parts, they cant ship over Japensese parts for fss?

If the OEM part is available in Honda Jap, yes. But there's no Turbo CRZ in Honda Jap as well, so No

It turns out Honda garages are just for servicing and not for modifications or imporving your car, I really can't ask them to put a new exhaust on?
No

I am sure I could of spent some time trawling the net but you guys are car nuts right; and know these things quicker then I can get the full answer?
The full answer is No

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Lets be honest Honda has never placed a factory turbo into any Aussie delivered car as of yet only rumors of the new type r will carry a turbo.

Not true bloke. What about '84 City Pro T

sw4444
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
sorry i forgot its school holidays and you are bored. well done child.

You just lost a sale then.

I will stay with the guys at Trivett in Parramatta of course they wont mod the car :(

sw4444
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
No

Not for Oz spec

If the OEM part is available in Honda Jap, yes. But there's no Turbo CRZ in Honda Jap as well, so No

No

The full answer is No

:( thank you denot.

Tai
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Not true bloke. What about '84 City Pro T

You would seriously use a 1984 turbo for a 2012 car?

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
You would seriously use a 1984 turbo for a 2012 car?

:confused: ermmz

The City Pro T was an Australian delivered Honda with factory turbo..

y u no understand his comment and my reply

Atjo
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Guys, keep it to the topic or i will start giving infraction!

UNLS1
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM

I will stay with the guys at Trivett in Parramatta of course they wont mod the car :(

i bet they had a great laugh when u told them what u wanted and u actually wanted them to do it! lol

denot
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Its ok, UnLS1 is not even in Sydney

sw4444
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I have to quote the IT crowd here: "are you from the past?” Do you also have glamour Calenders up in the back room and laugh at woman drivers?

No they didn't, of course that is one of the advantages of working for one of the biggest companies in the world and being on personal terms with the leasing company.

Didn't anyone tell you it’s (mostly) about who you know not what you know when it comes to business?

sw4444
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Back on topic.. I will go back to debating Auto or Manual, its a shame they didnt offer manual on the Lux :(

Still it has flappy panels and I enjoyed them on the A6 I had on the weekend.. but I dont think a little CR-Zds drivetrain is going to be as good as that...!

levi R
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
in for the lolz

lilthug
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz4d_MUjQX8&feature=related

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Are those mounts made from gummybear?

levi R
10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
no. thats the mega of the oem crz turbo braaaaaah

TheSaint
10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Are those mounts made from gummybear?

haha thats what i thought when i first saw this video =p

TheSaint
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
also keep it clean fellas - we are here to discuss cars not bark and bite at eachother

EKVTIR-T
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Dont fraternise with me after negging me...

TheSaint
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Unless I really wanted a hybrid, I'd also look at the FT86 first. Yummy, I just wished it had a tad more power.

STI swap the FT?
or even wait for the subaru BRZ?

sw4444
11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Lets be honest Honda has never placed a factory turbo into any Aussie delivered car as of yet only rumors of the new type r will carry a turbo. If you wanna mod your crz maybe have a look at the spoon crz or think about kswap like the states have started

Thanks JohnO, it looks like I have to wait for three years max before tweaking. Lady will want to retain the full Honda warranty.. But seen as I doubt it will break maybe I can do the odd thing; will have to check the small print.

sw4444
15-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I managed to get out of my school home work this weekend and test drive a CR-Z....and yes some of you get to say "I told you so!”

Initial impressions good; to me, it’s a very good looking car in person.
Seating; partner didn't like how low the seat on the passenger side is compared to floor pan - it’s not adjustable (for height) on the passenger side. Of course later I thoughts you could put a cushion, cushion seat cover, on the seat which might help.
Leg room for someone tall who likes not sitting bunched up, is just about OK, we are both about 6ft, not sure of that in Metric. The problem with this is, with the seat right back for leg room (and high heels for the partner) the front seats are actually pushing against the back seats, more on them later!
Panel well laid out, a bit futuristic but that’s a good thing in my opinion, but also a bit gimmicky; looked smaller and cheaper inside then compared to the pictures on the web (Honda have a good advertising arm/agency for Art but not promotion?).
Manual handled well, in the rain, in sports. Why oh, why, do the modes affect the handling, feel etc so dramatically, modes should be called respectively; Econ - cheap Hybrid, Normal - cheap, Sports - feels drivable?
Bad decision there, it feels skittish in Normal - partner described as feeling like a 121...
Power good but not sporty, in sports, has some pick up, but sluggish at times - probably needs to revved heavily, but the vtec(sub par for vtec) engine won’t rev past the red line which is at something like 4000....
Down through the gears it didn't give the confidence that I was getting a lot more control into corners..Probably the stock wheels?
Sounds good.
Rear view bad but interesting!
Gadgets seem good.
Rear seats only acceptable for children, I had to sit with no leg room and bent over as it was only as high in the back as my shoulders. Maybe Honda is aiming at young families, short people but I would like to be able to pick my parents up from the airport for example and fit in for a non squashed against the roof ride, If it had two seats I'd come meet them and they could drive and I would get a cab.

Overall; attractive car, overpriced, I applaude their attempt at a sporty hybrid but it feels like a prototype, it's a shame you get no discounts on rego/price for buying a hybrid in Australia, more responsive in Sport then your 'standard car', back seats should not be in there... they could of used the space to mid mount the batteries?

I am sad to report that despite them trying to sell it, as they are obviously not moving, and not that economical unless your very careful and are prepared to put up with lose steering and sluggish performance.
Type-R for me, I can't wait for the new Scooby/Toyota car and I think I prefer the Wolf in Sheep’s clothing aspect of the Type R to that car, test driving on Monday, but I already want one from sitting and revving the 2nd hand Type R they had.

hondapop
15-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Congratulations on an honest review, you haven't allowed your eagerness for one to blind you to it's short comings. Your comments about the rear seating are actually quite amusing because it shows that Honda haven't learnt lessons from the Gen 1 & 2 CRX's where the JDM's were also pseudo 4 seaters.

I predict they will be (particularly in Australasia) the fastest depreciating model Honda has ever placed on this market. (probably where it will attain it's greatest speed)

UNLS1
16-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Congratulations on an honest review, you haven't allowed your eagerness for one to blind you to it's short comings. Your comments about the rear seating are actually quite amusing because it shows that Honda haven't learnt lessons from the Gen 1 & 2 CRX's where the JDM's were also pseudo 4 seaters.

I predict they will be (particularly in Australasia) the fastest depreciating model Honda has ever placed on this market. (probably where it will attain it's greatest speed)

it will be a race with the honda legend for depreciation!

hondapop
16-01-2012, 11:38 AM
it will be a race with the honda legend for depreciation!

Haha! I think there'll still be Legends around after the CRZ has departed the scene, the only ones to survive will have had engine transplants. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Govt enact regulations to prevent this being done to hybrids. (greener cars and all that)

UNLS1
18-01-2012, 10:15 AM
CRZ just won Wheels Car of the Year.

Mikecivic78
18-01-2012, 10:45 AM
CRZ just won Wheels Car of the Year.

Wow, crazy stuff

Golf won it last year,

wouldn't mind having a read of the new issue 2c what they have to say

denot
18-01-2012, 10:50 AM
I think I wouldnt mind to get one, especially if HA will not have a good sale figure on them. Its become some sort of "Limited edition" car. And its the one that attract more attention from people (unlike legend which is too subtle and people will just thought its an accord :p)

UNLS1
18-01-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/hondas-cr-z-wins-wheels-car-of-the-year/story-e6frfku0-1226246997201

hondapop
18-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Reckon it'll help you sell a couple more ?

UNLS1
18-01-2012, 12:02 PM
i dunno, it might bring a few more to the showroom but price seems to be the biggest sticking point so far :/

hondapop
18-01-2012, 12:24 PM
As a hybrid experiment, it's interesting, but don't think it'll oust the Prius where it matters.

denot
18-01-2012, 01:30 PM
i dunno, it might bring a few more to the showroom but price seems to be the biggest sticking point so far :/

That's right. if the base model is under $30k (but not some $29,999 nonsense), i think it could sell well... I thought initially this going to cost around $25k and have tried to save some money for it. But now, I probably look at something else around that price instead of taking $15-20k loan for the CRZ

denot
18-01-2012, 01:31 PM
By the way...
http://www.carsguide.com.au/blogs-and-stuff/carsguide-blog/wheels_losing_their_grip

LOL!

Mikecivic78
18-01-2012, 02:13 PM
By the way...
http://www.carsguide.com.au/blogs-and-stuff/carsguide-blog/wheels_losing_their_grip

LOL!

nice comment there denot

denot
18-01-2012, 02:14 PM
nice comment there denot

Ya I was still angry when they announce the top 10 car of the year. -_-"

Mikecivic78
18-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll keep an eye on that comments thread, see what other people say

No doubt the controversy etc... will do some good sales wise.

UNLS1
18-01-2012, 03:32 PM
lol @ carguide! love it

sw4444
18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Good on Wheels for trying to push Hybrids....

I just put a deposit on a 2011 White Type-R (with my pocket money maybe ;) ).

Oh and a Nice lady from Honda Head office called me earlier today from head office to to talk about the CR-Z, it doesn't rain but it pours they say.

denot
19-01-2012, 08:54 AM
... it doesn't rain but it pours they say.

Congrats on the purchase, but... wat the heck is that line means? Sorry for being asian & not understand this :p

hondapop
19-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Marks will be given at the end of this test sw4444

sw4444
19-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the purchase, but... wat the heck is that line means? Sorry for being asian & not understand this :p

In this case the internet is your friend:

It never rains but it pours.
Prov. Good (or bad) things do not just happen a few at a time, but in large numbers all at once.

Fred: I can't believe this. This morning I had a flat tire. When I went to the garage to get the tire patched, I discovered I didn't have any money, and I couldn't even charge it because my credit card's expired. Jane: It never rains but it pours.

sw4444
19-01-2012, 08:31 PM

deont, not sure where in Asia you are from, but I would lay odds there is a proverb/saying like this (maybe just to show one doesn't understand probability and coincidence ;) ), I was going to ask people at work but it was to busy, comp review time etc

Score?

hondapop
20-01-2012, 11:24 AM
deont, not sure where in Asia you are from, but I would lay odds there is a proverb/saying like this (maybe just to show one doesn't understand probability and coincidence ;) ), I was going to ask people at work but it was to busy, comp review time etc

Score?

10/10 for Google. Passing grade on the example.

Vvvtec
20-01-2012, 12:15 PM
In this case the internet is your friend:

It never rains but it pours.
Prov. Good (or bad) things do not just happen a few at a time, but in large numbers all at once.

Fred: I can't believe this. This morning I had a flat tire. When I went to the garage to get the tire patched, I discovered I didn't have any money, and I couldn't even charge it because my credit card's expired. Jane: It never rains but it pours.

Good choice mate, the type r will be a lot more fun to drive with that beautiful engine inside :)

sw4444
30-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Picking up tomorrow, after school. Excited to say the least!

curtis265
31-01-2012, 12:56 AM
school..? BALLER!q

sw4444
31-01-2012, 11:23 AM
school..? BALLER!q

Not really school I am just pulling the leg of some random Honda salesmen.

UNLS1
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
whens the turbo/supercharger going on the type R?

sw4444
01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
whens the turbo/supercharger going on the type R?

I dont think it needs it, it's like a little rocket ship already and LSD means handling is amazing, but after three years, I might drop something in for 'sh*ts and giggles'.

denot
01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
...handling is amazing...

I thought the current type R worse point is handling? compare to EP3R at least?

sw4444
01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought the current type R worse point is handling? compare to EP3R at least?

Worse point..debatable I think the handling is amazing, big tyers, nice low tight suspension, wheels on all four corners, Slip dif.
Compared to the old one, its said to be less fun but I would suggest it would lap much faster....what is your definition of good handling I guess is the question to people that say this?

curtis265
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
i thought the live rear axle is supposed to be a really fun thing, apparently making it oversteer heaps?

denot
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Worse point..debatable I think the handling is amazing, big tyers, nice low tight suspension, wheels on all four corners, Slip dif.
Compared to the old one, its said to be less fun but I would suggest it would lap much faster....what is your definition of good handling I guess is the question to people that say this?

Sorry sw, but I havent drive any of them. Just based on reviews and comparison videos like from Top Gear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeGAmcLYGQ8

UNLS1
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
LSD doesnt make that bigger difference. yes maybe on a track but still would make sfa difference in times

denot
07-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Hi guys, just to continue the "off topic" conversation... here is the truth:
- Toyota GT 86: UK pricing confirmed:http://www.caradvice.com.au/157573/toyota-gt-86-uk-pricing-confirmed/

I wonder how much will they cost here in Australia...

ryaan
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
just saw a crz in my area the other day and damns.. it does turn heads

UNLS1
09-02-2012, 09:58 AM
finally get a sport manual demo next week!

Type-R
27-02-2012, 06:33 PM
finally get a sport manual demo next week!

How are the CR-Z sales going? I've heard they haven't sold very many. Any chances Honda Aust will drop the price by about 3-5k?

chunky
02-03-2012, 03:07 PM
^if they do id probably get one

hondapop
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Wait a bit longer. "Fire sale" coming up soon.

Rudy
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't say ive seen one on the street yet. It is a strange looking car.

hondapop
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
It is a strange looking car.

I think you may just have hit the nail on the head.

Vvvtec
02-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I've seen a couple on the road now.

Looks 10x better in person than in pictures on the Internet.

denot
23-07-2012, 04:21 PM
LOL I think I've asked this last year but I ask again now... So... have anyone here bought a CRZ yet? :p

Brescia
25-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I have had my CRZ for about 4 months. Despite it's mixed reviews and mixed intentions - I Love my CRZ.
People stop and ask me about the CRZ everywhere i go, it is a unique shape, just like the CRX was when it was released.
Leave it in SPORT mode and it is fun to drive, very responsive. It's not a drag car, i think people seem to set the bar too high to be honest.
I hope nobody buys a CRZ, i'm enjoying the rarity factor too much.. :)

My CRZ and my rebuilt CRX (plates are edited)
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8163/32318241702272641101245.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2337/41375341702268240991421.jpg

Snoop_gee
25-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Looks so good I wouldnt mind 1 ^ nice to see u got both.

dougie_504
25-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Very cute pic. Love them both.

What do you prefer to drive?

Brescia
25-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I like them both in their own ways though My CRZ is my daily. The CRX has Nostalgia value (My second CRX), and doesn't get driven since the restoration.

denot
25-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I have had my CRZ for about 4 months. Despite it's mixed reviews and mixed intentions - I Love my CRZ.
People stop and ask me about the CRZ everywhere i go, it is a unique shape, just like the CRX was when it was released.
Leave it in SPORT mode and it is fun to drive, very responsive. It's not a drag car, i think people seem to set the bar too high to be honest.
I hope nobody buys a CRZ, i'm enjoying the rarity factor too much.. :)

Yeah, it is an attention grabber... just like my wife's Hyundai Veloster. :)

Brescia
25-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Coming from a big Honda fan, it's a real shame the Veloster borrowed styling from the CRZ, it's mainly the roof line. The Hyundai doesn't look quite as sharp, but from a distance i can see the confusion.
I always prefer hearing "They have a little bit of the old CRX in them." rather than "They look a bit like the new Hyundai."

denot
25-07-2012, 04:48 PM
What about this then? Does it borrowed CRZ style as well?
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/cars/images/renault-megane-rs-2-big.jpg
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2010-renault-megane-renaultsport-rs-10.jpg

EDIT: Oh and the Veloster concept (Seoul Motor show - March 2007) was revealed ahead of CRZ concept (Tokyo Motor show - October 2007)

Brescia
25-07-2012, 04:56 PM
No that just looks like a new model of the Original Renault. (it is)
The Hyundai Veloster has no previous models to base their styling on.

denot
25-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Seriously? You cant see the similarities?
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Rear.jpghttp://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/2010-renault-megane-renaultsport-rs-10.jpg
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Rear-500x342.jpg

Brescia
25-07-2012, 05:10 PM
I think alot of cars have similarities to eachother these days, Hatches most in particular. It wouldn't be easy designing a hatchback from scratch being 100% original all the way through.
Whatever the story may be, if Hyundai were first.
I see my CRX in my CRZ, while others unfamiliar with the Generation 1 and Generation 2 CRX see the Hyundai Veloster. Which is understandable.

dougie_504
25-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Just an aerodynamics style.

Google 'Kammback'

EKVTIR-T
25-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I want Brescias CRX very much

denot
25-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Anyhow CRX is the legend.. while CRZ... er... I still like it :)

Mikecivic78
25-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Seriously? You cant see the similarities?

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Rear-500x342.jpg

I think the Honda looks distinctively different. It retains the styling of the 2nd gen CRX rear glass, but with droopy corners.

denot
26-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I think the Honda looks distinctively different. It retains the styling of the 2nd gen CRX rear glass, but with droopy corners.

Thats my point mike. the velozter and megane looks the same, but CRZ one is more different then the other two. So I dont think anyone copying anything between the two and CRZ...

RedZed
09-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Out of curiosity, who here actually owns a CR-Z, apart from myself ? I gathered from Honda there are only 10 luxury Z's in the country.
FWIW everywhere it goes it gets attention.

I get the feeling most of you are dreamers.

curtis265
10-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Dreamers? Most of the comments in here are about how much they don't want one and how we all prefer classic sports cars over this new 'lack of feel', 'numb' kind of sports car.

carry on Mr. Skynose.

Jasemas
10-10-2012, 12:27 AM
My shitbox has run on broken hopes and dreams for years...
And goes better than yours too lol
For the money you paid for it... Could of got an ae86 (new one... I like the ae part)

Mikecivic78
10-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Out of curiosity, who here actually owns a CR-Z, apart from myself ? I gathered from Honda there are only 10 luxury Z's in the country.

Even though there may be some truth in it, thats quite a bold statement for a brand-new member.

The reason that virtually no one has got one on here is that almost everyone (provided they have 42K to spend) would put their money somewhere else. There's a LOT of performance you can get for your buck at that price.

You could spend the money on the CR-Z ( a leisurely performer) or get another Japanese car that will get you to 100km/h in less than 6 seconds.

Personally, for $42k, I prefer to buy a clean low-km used car in the sub-$20k price range and invest the left over $22K rather than spend 42k on a quickly depreciating Luxury CR-Z that will be worth peanuts after a few years - Then you will see OH members buying them (and hopefully lowering them on some quality forged rims).

Vvvtec
10-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Lmao @ dreamers

Lmao @ 'Z'

denot
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM

I'm not sure what he meant by most of us are dreamers? Do we dream to have a 40k+ car that less efficient than a Prius C, less powerfull than GT86, crapier handling than even a Veloster? Or do we dream to have a "power boost" button (in 2013 model) that "boost" the car power to 101kw and 190NM but worsened the fuel efficient number that can beat a V6?

Also, on a side news... those 10 luxury CRZ, 5 of them are now back on sale in either dealer or private (based on search in Carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?base=1216&tabID=3012965&eapi=2&silo=stock&items=%5bMake%3aHONDA%2cModel%3aCRZ%2cBaseEnabledB adge%3aLUXURY%5d&sort=default&N=1216+1247+1282&vertical=Car&Range=Price%3aMin%2cMax~0.5)) which probably what RedZed trying to say is that we are dreamers that dream to sell CRZ straight away because we are so disappointed!!!!

Indie
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM

I get the feeling most of you are dreamers.http://www.aerojetvirtual.com/images/20820/honda_power_of_dreams_logo3.jpg

Yeah, most people are having pleasant dreams of not driving a CR-Z.

I wouldn't normally bash somebody's car like this, but you're arrogant, and there aren't any other CR-Z drivers around to offend, so I have no problem with it.

On topic, I see no similarities between the CR-Z and the Veloster/Megane. They are rounded, the CR-Z is angular.

denot
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
On topic, I see no similarities between the CR-Z and the Veloster/Megane. They are rounded, the CR-Z is angular.

Couldnt agree more with you there :)

RedZed
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Look I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments - the CR-Z isn't a performance car, not even close - and yes if performance is what you want, look elsewhere, and don't even expect much from Honda - it's clear the era of cars like the Prelude, Integra and NSX is long gone as far as Honda is concerned. But we weren't looking for a performance car - and fully appreciated the limitations of the CR-Z.

As for this forum, i find it interesting to see a forum ostensibly about Honda cars, and a thread about the CR-Z dominated by posts from people who neither dive a Honda, nor drive a CR-Z as if its a hot performance car - which it never will be.

And lastly, flaming a first post from a new user isn't exactly a great way to welcome a new member - possibly the only one who actually owns an example of the car discussed in this thread.

Bye bye dreamers, i won't disturb you again.

Vvvtec
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Your first post and you call us dreamers.

Nice way to join the forum :wave:

curtis265
10-10-2012, 09:23 PM
And lastly, flaming a first post from a new user isn't exactly a great way to welcome a new member - possibly the only one who actually owns an example of the car discussed in this thread.

You edited your first post to add a bit about calling us dreamers? We don't need that sort of attitude here either. If you think owning a 45k car gives you the right to call us dreamers, think again.

And if you think your CRZ is called a Z, you really need to go back to school and learn what a Z is.

Get your head out of your arse.

It's people like you who come here, provoke responses like this and then go to your other forums whinging about how ozhonda is full of P plater fgts yadayadayada.

Jasemas
10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Should of gone to specsavers (i mean ozcrz.com) wtf am i thinking
I think he bought the car for the 'it' factor
Then flaunts his car thinking he's kewl and gets flamed

curtis265
10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
if you are a troll however, I take my hat off to you. You've got the reaction you wanted, and the evidence you wanted. Now go back and cry to your crz forums about how mean the rest of us Honda owners are

Glocker
10-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Look I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments - the CR-Z isn't a performance car, not even close - and yes if performance is what you want, look elsewhere, and don't even expect much from Honda - it's clear the era of cars like the Prelude, Integra and NSX is long gone as far as Honda is concerned. But we weren't looking for a performance car - and fully appreciated the limitations of the CR-Z.

As for this forum, i find it interesting to see a forum ostensibly about Honda cars, and a thread about the CR-Z dominated by posts from people who neither dive a Honda, nor drive a CR-Z as if its a hot performance car - which it never will be.

Bye bye dreamers, i won't disturb you again.

I've driven the CRZ and the Veloster and it's frigging terrible. The ride is too harsh, it is really only a 2 seater because no way in hell can you fit another person in the back and the boot space is abysmal. Sure, steering is pretty good, the gearbox is a dream to row, handles like a go kart and is ok-ish on fuel.

BUT...............................the Veloster is a better car overall. More space everywhere. More equipment. 5 years unlimited kms warranty. It looks amazing straight away; the CRZ design needs to grow on you. AND for $32k you'd get the SR Turbo, which has 150kW, more power than a CRZ can dream of. Hyundai has started to build cars Honda used to.

And for $32k on the open market, it's Evo 8MR, GDB STis, facelifted S2000s, 350Z, RX7, GTR32/33, old 911s, BMW M3 E46, HSV/FPV money........all of which will ruin a CRZ, much less a Honda, anyday.

rossirider
11-10-2012, 05:52 AM
My friends Velostar's sunroof shattered in its own in the garage after only 3 months if owning it. There have been similar cases of this happening around the world, just google it.

No matter what, it's still a Hyundai and the build quality isn't there. Wonder why there are hardly anymore Exels on the streets anymore.

lilthug
11-10-2012, 07:18 AM
thats cause all the excels are bought up and used for rallying

Mikecivic78
11-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Excels are actually pretty tough. That car was a big success for Hyundai in Oz. It's neglectful owners who never serviced them that made the engines wear out prematurely.

Indie
12-10-2012, 11:33 PM
You edited your first post to add a bit about calling us dreamers? We don't need that sort of attitude here either. If you think owning a 45k car gives you the right to call us dreamers, think again.

And if you think your CRZ is called a Z, you really need to go back to school and learn what a Z is.

Get your head out of your arse.

It's people like you who come here, provoke responses like this and then go to your other forums whinging about how ozhonda is full of P plater fgts yadayadayada.This, and the posts that preceded and followed it, were spot on.

Somebody is trying to flaunt their purchase and get some praise for it in order to stave off the crippling buyer's regret that consumes you when you throw away $45k on a car that nobody asked for.

On the CR-Z/Veloster debate: I'm a fan of Hyundai for making hot hatches and RWD coupes, but I think the Genesis and Veloster both look like shit, the Veloster especially. I prefer the looks of the CR-Z, it's just a shame it doesn't have the performance philosophy of the Veloster.

I'd love a Genesis with a turbo 4 that looked like the Kia Cerato coupe.

8100rpm
14-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Than what did u buy the car for?

denot
15-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Holly crap! I didnt realise that there's CRZ vs Veloster debate here... :p My wife would be very happy if you guys pro Veloster more than CRZ, I like the Veloster (attention whore) but the turbo would be the pick of the bunch. wife's V+ just too slow.

On the CR-Z/Veloster debate: I'm a fan of Hyundai for making hot hatches and RWD coupes, but I think the Genesis and Veloster both look like shit, the Veloster especially.

Trust me, we've been asked on red light, parking, etc for so many times already by people that complements the looks of the car, people just asked if they can take photo with the car, etc. So its hard to justify how veloster looks like shit... :cool:

But I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I still remember how many Ozhonda member hate the new CU2 looks when it was just released, but the CU2 community has grown a lot in this forum since it was released. But the CRZ community... not so much :(

rossirider
15-10-2012, 12:17 PM
What CRZ community?

UNLS1
17-10-2012, 03:41 PM
i dont think u would see many men driving the veloster or the turbo. deff a chicks car. (or girly man)

denot
17-10-2012, 04:37 PM
i dont think u would see many men driving the veloster or the turbo. deff a chicks car. (or girly man)

meh, better than not seeing anyone driving CRZ at all... oh wait, there that "dreamer" guy

UNLS1
18-10-2012, 10:18 AM
meh, better than not seeing anyone driving CRZ at all... oh wait, there that "dreamer" guy

lol true just the dreamer boy. the veloster is marketed at women anyway. not exactly a blokes car lol

chunky
18-10-2012, 07:55 PM
^yeah every single one i see has a young/middle aged woman driving it bar this white one always parked at uni driven by this 18yrold hipster guy that looks extremely proud of it, but still good on him :)

denot
18-10-2012, 08:13 PM
^yeah every single one i see has a young/middle aged woman driving it bar this white one always parked at uni driven by this 18yrold hipster guy that looks extremely proud of it, but still good on him :)

Its my wife, but I'm still proud of it :)

Indie
19-10-2012, 02:28 AM
This doesn't mean much, though. Most Integras I see are driven by 50yr-old women, too.

newpaddy3
19-10-2012, 02:35 AM
This doesn't mean much, though. Most Integras I see are driven by 50yr-old women, too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm7jzrrxem1qjv48ho1_500.jpg

denot
19-10-2012, 08:45 AM
LOL @ how CRZ thread has been off topic much (prob because there's nothing to say about the car itself). Anyway, if I have the money for CRZ, I will buy Veloster Turbo instead. At least it has a bit of power and room for my 2 yo and 6 months at the back. We cant even fit the 6 months at CRZ "backseat" when we do test drive last time (and he's only 4 months at that time). The child seat fit, but the legs of will be squeezed.

Funny thing is the salesman said to us "Oh, this car just not built for family with kids." So if I cant fit a 4 months to the back seat, who can you fit in there then? Why not remove the back seat altogether like the US and Jap version? Thats the stupidity of Honda OZ. They know their target is young family who still want a small sports car (ala S2000) but need rear seat for the baby.

Oh well, what can I say... I must be a dreamer to try to fit a 4months old into a back seat... :)

Mikecivic78
20-10-2012, 11:30 AM
IMO, I don't mind the look of the Veloster. Them Koreans have come a long way in terms of design and fit & finish.

Perhaps with aftermarket sway bars and a decent set of lowering springs the veloster could be made to handle well. Its crappy dynamics are its Achilles heel.

Tai
20-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe he wasnt referring to the rear seats, maybe he is talking about comfort and boot space.

I can tell you taking a kid out of a 4 seat car is much more easier than a 2 door.

And did the salesman actually say the rear seats, or you just conjured this in your mind.

LOL @ how CRZ thread has been off topic much (prob because there's nothing to say about the car itself). Anyway, if I have the money for CRZ, I will buy Veloster Turbo instead. At least it has a bit of power and room for my 2 yo and 6 months at the back. We cant even fit the 6 months at CRZ "backseat" when we do test drive last time (and he's only 4 months at that time). The child seat fit, but the legs of will be squeezed.

Funny thing is the salesman said to us "Oh, this car just not built for family with kids." So if I cant fit a 4 months to the back seat, who can you fit in there then? Why not remove the back seat altogether like the US and Jap version? Thats the stupidity of Honda OZ. They know their target is young family who still want a small sports car (ala S2000) but need rear seat for the baby.

Oh well, what can I say... I must be a dreamer to try to fit a 4months old into a back seat... :)

denot
20-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Maybe he wasnt referring to the rear seats, maybe he is talking about comfort and boot space.

I can tell you taking a kid out of a 4 seat car is much more easier than a 2 door.

And did the salesman actually say the rear seats, or you just conjured this in your mind.

well he said that the crz is not for family with kids after we try to fit the child seat (which fit ok) and my son (which cant fit)

curtis265
20-10-2012, 06:10 PM
well he said that the crz is not for family with kids after we try to fit the child seat (which fit ok) and my son (which cant fit)

you'd be a dreamer to try using the back seats.

denot
20-10-2012, 09:47 PM
you'd be a dreamer to try using the back seats.

My point is there shouldnt be one from the beginning...

curtis265
21-10-2012, 11:21 AM
i know, i'm just poking more at the dreamer thing

UNLS1
22-10-2012, 12:03 PM
why the hell would you want to fit kids in a CRZ??? or a little 2 door? its one or the other

rossirider
22-10-2012, 12:57 PM
My cousin burns around in his 911 with his 3 year old in the back.

butterfingers
22-10-2012, 03:40 PM
My cousin burns around in his 911 with his 3 year old in the back.

good man.

denot
23-10-2012, 12:58 PM
why the hell would you want to fit kids in a CRZ??? or a little 2 door? its one or the other

some people still love sporty coupe but has kids. Not all living at the same level as you sir...

Why the hell would Honda fit 2 seats that doesnt fit anyone in a CRZ??? note that the kids fit fine in our Veloster (well... thats a 3 doors, now you're going to flame me for that)

UNLS1
24-10-2012, 10:51 AM
some people still love sporty coupe but has kids. Not all living at the same level as you sir...

Why the hell would Honda fit 2 seats that doesnt fit anyone in a CRZ??? note that the kids fit fine in our Veloster (well... thats a 3 doors, now you're going to flame me for that)

honda aus had to put the seats in to meet aus standards. They are just stupid if u ask me! but they had to have them.
usually practiaclily is the best thing. kids and a 3 door coupe is not practical.

denot
24-10-2012, 10:59 AM
honda aus had to put the seats in to meet aus standards. They are just stupid if u ask me! but they had to have them.
usually practiaclily is the best thing. kids and a 3 door coupe is not practical.

Mate, its not too meet aus standards, but to cut cost. By only having 2 seat, the tax bracket move from "hatch back/coupe" to "sport car" which increase in tax. Same thing on what they did with R35.

and I know having kids and coupe is not practical, actually having a coupe is not practical at all (with kids or no kids) if you need to use the back seat (or 3 doors hatchback in that case - Yep I still remember how I need to squeeze myself on a long journey from Sydney to GC on the back of Mazda 121 :( ).

To tell you the truth, I got nothing against CRZ. If they can offer a better pricing or better "identity" (e.g. have similar power to BRZ/86 but less consumption) then I think it will sell well...

UNLS1
24-10-2012, 03:36 PM
all the CRZ needs is a NON hybrid engine and better pricing. much better pricing.