PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used FN2R

klv
28-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

Currently I'm trying to source for a FN2R that is within my budget

I know is difficult to get a good condition with my budget, but just wondering what are your thoughts on this particular FN2R (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=12&R=11262729)

Seems like it has been through a lot of kms in it's short life! And I'm not sure if is good buy or not, as I have not own a car with that high mileage before. Besides that, I know the service interval is every 10k but when is the major service? :( How about the wear and tear of the parts? Anything needs to be change/replace?

I'm thinking of switching over my 09 Lancer with 40k kms on it to either this FN2R or 2005 MX5 NC Series with 84k kms on it.

Since you guys are the expert so thought I should ask you guys!

I really hope I get to have the type r but budget is a bit tight as I'm still a uni student. By the way I will only be driving the car for 2 years

cihanvtec
28-10-2011, 03:20 PM
hey mate, have you thought about looking into an EP3R? they are roughly in your price range. ive driven both and id say the feel of the ep3 is much more superior to that of the fn2. it just feels much tighter around corners and a little more raw kinda like the dc2. plus you can get one on extremely low ks for that price. but thats just my personal opinion. i know its a little off topic coz u havent mentioned the ep3, but i thought id put it out there as it fits ur budget and is similar/maybe better than the fn2r.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYW1mUE8RI

klv
28-10-2011, 03:30 PM
hey mate, have you thought about looking into an EP3R? they are roughly in your price range. ive driven both and id say the feel of the ep3 is much more superior to that of the fn2. it just feels much tighter around corners and a little more raw kinda like the dc2. plus you can get one on extremely low ks for that price. but thats just my personal opinion. i know its a little off topic coz u havent mentioned the ep3, but i thought id put it out there as it fits ur budget and is similar/maybe better than the fn2r.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYW1mUE8RI

Hey there

Thanks for the reply. Yea I considered the EP3R before and I have to agree with you it does drive and corner a lot better than the FN2R. However the only thing that turn me off is that, I will be using it as a daily driver hence I'm looking into one that has a more decent interior. I know I am weird but oh well. I would get the EP3R over the FN2R if is just a weekend car, if you know what I mean.

Bludger
28-10-2011, 03:43 PM
compromises aye?

klv
28-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I rather compromise with the high mileage then :P

keepitlow
29-10-2011, 09:05 PM
^^ I use my ep3r as a daily.. throw in a DVD screen and you have a nice interior :)

JohnO
04-11-2011, 01:45 PM
why not get an ep3, you only lose 1 horsepower if you do. service interval should be 5000km not 10 if you want your car in tip top condition, not saying every 10k km is bad but its not advisable. major service youre looking at 40k km and 80k km 120k km.

anzai
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Sorry for going off topic but since almost everyone mentioned ep3 I'm jumping in.
I'm on the market for an ep3 but I don't know whether I should go with direct import (eg. IMG imports) or private seller off carsales.
I'm in Brisbane, a thousand kms away from IMG imports so I have to catch a flight just to see the car but if it is worth it, I don't mind doing it.
Just a few basic questions.
What should I look for before buying an ep3?
Should I go with low k as a guide? What is the difference from pre and post 2004 model? I read somewhere the facelifted model has LSD as standard.
Thank you in advance

http://gal.patheticcockroach.com/var/albums/humor/thread-hijacking/thread_hijack_in_progress_cnn.jpg?m=1297371747

start a new thread dude

JohnO
04-11-2011, 03:08 PM
ninja edit wasnt ninja edit enough lmzo

pitiek
04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Will make a new thread when I get home..
Take it easy.. :)

JohnO
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Will make a new thread when I get home..
Take it easy.. :)

I'll make a thread for you with all the truths and facts of owning one

Bludger
07-11-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll make a thread for you with all the truths and facts of owning one
waiting to rape.

JohnO
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
waiting to rape.

lol in the processs of making this thread after i workout my right hand lmzo