PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to GE Jazz. Auto or manual?

sab0r
01-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi guys,
Mum is looking to upgrade up her jazz. Currently has a GD3 06' manual.
Decided to go against CVT for that model because of all the CVT problems i've read up on.

Now that the jazz is a 'sports auto' - dilemma between which to choose. Few things that will effect our choice will be
1. Petrol consumption difference
2. Common problems on this sports auto
3. Going up hills in auto (but the paddle shift seems to be ok as it will allow low gears etc.)
4. Future re-sale value

Any opinions from current GE jazz owners on what to do?

jeffreymui
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
my mom has a GE jazz vtis auto, paddle shift is not something u'll use often, i'll go manual, but if u have family members that drives the car aswell, auto is ok, it actually goes pretty well as well for the auto, as they are not cvt, the lag u'll have from the paddle shift is about 1 second delay

ouch
01-11-2011, 09:41 PM
it does have about 15 cup holders

ss-rotel
01-11-2011, 10:35 PM
welll... 1st, why would you wanna auto?

BUT... get her to drive it, and if she likes the auto, let her get it. she's got a manual GD already... she must like the car to want to upgrade to a GE.

BTW, the handling is different. They softend the suppension with each review of the car. she might find it's not a sharp as what she has.

UNLS1
02-11-2011, 08:27 AM
if u want a brand new one be quick as u wont be able to get one until next year.

sab0r
03-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for replies guys, Nah not buying new.
Well. Auto as she drives a lot and of crouse would just prefer this.
The reason she got manual, or we decided on manual is because of petrol fuel consumption, big problems with CVT, and als fear of lack of power going up hills etc.
But if these differences are minimal, then auto would be the choice.

Just wanted opinions from any GE owners who have an auto or manual and reasoning for choosing it. We are firm on getting a GE, regardless.

blahZ
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM
reasons i got my manual ge8 are
petrol wise
its manual with cruise control
couldnt have 2 auto cars be boring as

but if i was you go auto easier to sell jazz are mainly for grannys, mums, girls first car and majority of them drives auto
i remember seeing on tele today tonight or something cant remember australians buys more auto cars than manual these days

oh and gd3 has better interior than ge8

sab0r
05-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Really? I seen the ge8 and i love it compared to gd3 interio!

chunsa
05-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I also agree the GD3 interior > GE8.

The Sports mesh of the GD3 the layout etc beats that I'm not sure how to describe it "blue?" cloth :/

Also the GE8 reminds me of the Hyundai Getz plastic where as with the GD3 I don't get that feeling.

blahZ
05-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Yep feels like cheap plastic

sab0r
05-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Where in the GD3 do u mean by sports mesh
I had a glance at photos of the GE8, and absolutely love it.
have not seen in person though, maybe should do this

ss-rotel
07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
.... they talk about the plastics... GE has that "golf ball" type texture that ppl like, the plastic doesn't feel cheap.
Maybe?

blahZ
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Gd3 definitely has better plastic ge8 is like paper compared to gd3 is like cardboard

fillit
08-11-2011, 09:24 PM
flattering the jazz's interior trim quality :)