PDA

View Full Version : Nardi steering wheel question.

NewName
02-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Heys guys, planning to get a Nardi deep corn steering wheel (350mm) for my EK4.. just wondering what i'll need to fit it? i've looked around the net and realised i need a boss kit.. roughly about how much would it cost?

Bludger
02-11-2011, 07:37 AM
What was your question about the nardi steering wheel?

blastnpast
02-11-2011, 07:52 AM
The price of other parts needed Depends on brand/quality off the boss kit u want I.e quick release, slim line, phat line etc

You will only need boss kit to fit it up, please ensure the nardi is genuine because those replica nardi's can be quite some trouble due to the weaker design and materials used.

NewName
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
@bludger - My question was.. whats needed to fit a nardi steering wheel..

Hmm i can tell that quick release kit is closer to the driver than slimline right? does anybody know where i can get the kits and how much?
Oh and whats more recommended..? I really want to also feel comfortable whilst driving.
Cheers

Bludger
02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
@bludger - My question was.. whats needed to fit a nardi steering wheel..
You already answered that yourself in your 1st post.

Hmm i can tell that quick release kit is closer to the driver than slimline right?
Good observation

does anybody know where i can get the kits and how much?
how much do you want to spend?

Oh and whats more recommended..? I really want to also feel comfortable whilst driving.
No one wants to be uncomfortable while driving. Human didn't come off a production line, we're all different with different needs.
What's comfy for someone else isn't necessarily going to work for you. you tall short, fat, skinny, freek long arms?

Cheers
nomsayin'

lilthug
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
you will need a boss kit to suit airbag

mocchi
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
you will need a boss kit to suit airbag

would it affect my passenger airbag?

lilthug
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
save ur passenger... but hurt urself

either way will void insurance

mocchi
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
im worried the side airbags in my EG would go off too upon impact.

Bludger
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Airbag protection ftw

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI5VYC7LJqHHlB7EbnYQzRsPVyk24BA DUC0De638VYpu8LizUtOWjacyfWsA

JohnO
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
all that airrrrre

bel air

Super-DA9
04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
JDMyard sell HKB boss kits with the SRS jumper and connector wires included. you will NEED this. However a quick release (NRG?) is an option, not really "needed".

if you don't use a jumper or a resistor on the SRS plug it will throw an SRS light until you do.

JDM-EGG
04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
JDMyard sell HKB boss kits with the SRS jumper and connector wires included. you will NEED this. However a quick release (NRG?) is an option, not really "needed".

if you don't use a jumper or a resistor on the SRS plug it will throw an SRS light until you do.

or take out the srs light bulb :)