PDA

View Full Version : Amp for Euro ?

Euro2005
18-02-2005, 02:15 PM
G'Day,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible and worthwhile adding a amp to a Euro to give it some boost. I don't want a sub woofer, so if worthwhile, about how much. Hopefully $300 would give me the 'something extra' I want ?
Thanks.

yfin
18-02-2005, 03:05 PM
G'Day,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible and worthwhile adding a amp to a Euro to give it some boost. I don't want a sub woofer, so if worthwhile, about how much. Hopefully $300 would give me the 'something extra' I want ?
Thanks.

What is the "extra" you want? Surely it is not mere volume as the factory unit can reach a decent volume. If you want better sound new speakers and amp would be the way to go. I don't see what just an amp is going to do.

panda[cRx]
18-02-2005, 05:17 PM
amp isnt gonna do anything, if you want more go out about buy some better speakers. $300 wont get you too far either unfotunately :(

mojo the flashy monkey
18-02-2005, 05:53 PM
yer if u want better sq get some nice splits u can get some good ones for 300 second hand but new u can get so ok stuff for 300 rld depends on what u want :)

Euro2005
21-02-2005, 04:23 PM
What is the "extra" you want? Surely it is not mere volume as the factory unit can reach a decent volume. If you want better sound new speakers and amp would be the way to go. I don't see what just an amp is going to do.

Ok ,I want to boost the quality and volume. I want to be able to fly down the highway with the windows down and still be able to hear my cd clearly with good bass but not thumping. Is their any suggestions for speakers and amp that will make a quality differance for a fair price ?

yfin
21-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Ok ,I want to boost the quality and volume. I want to be able to fly down the highway with the windows down and still be able to hear my cd clearly with good bass but not thumping. Is their any suggestions for speakers and amp that will make a quality differance for a fair price ?

You are using a heap more fuel doing that!

Anyway, if I was you I would just go somewhere like JB-hifi - ask the staff in car audio to help. You should be able to get decent brand name speakers and an amp that will be better and louder than stock.

Buy 4 speakers and perhaps use 2 old Euro speakers and put them in the rear doors (there is space for them - but no speakers at the moment).

Euro2005
03-03-2005, 01:58 PM
With new speakers and a amp, will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls?

yfin
03-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Yes

Euro2005
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Yes
Thankyou :)

What amp and speakers would you suggest for between $400 & $700

yfin
03-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Sorry mate - I am not an audio expert - I am using the stock Euro sound.

The best thing I think you can do is to go to lots of car audio shops and LISTEN to different speakers. Ask for advice. Everyone is different and has different tastes - what sounds good to me may sound crap to you.

Fhrx
04-03-2005, 08:40 AM
If you wish to improve the factory system without breaking the bank, simply add some sound deadening and diffuser panels.

This will help the system immensly. :D

Euro2005
16-03-2005, 08:15 PM

Well how much would I have to spend :confused:

stephen8512
19-03-2005, 09:21 PM
amps are quite costly......all depends on what brand u go for
JL audio
kicker
fusion
soundstream

those are a few brands that i find reliable + awesome for sound and bass, as well as amps