PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustment: Upper control arms / Ball joint / camber pins ? which is better?

vcreation
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
i have very uneven tire wear on front driver side, says to be negative camber and i think i'll get a adjustable kit....

but it comes down to 3 options, adjustable upper control arm, adjustable ball joint, or camber pins(the 2 behind the upper control arm)

which is better option?

1900-hustler
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
you sure its camber and not toe?

have you had a wheel alignment yet?

before spending money on any option see if you can get the problem fixed by getting an alignment done

mocchi
03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
i have very uneven tire wear on front driver side, says to be negative camber and i think i'll get a adjustable kit....

but it comes down to 3 options, adjustable upper control arm, adjustable ball joint, or camber pins(the 2 behind the upper control arm)

which is better option?

inner side more worn than outside or vice versa?

trism
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Toe causes wear. Camber just effects what position it wears

vcreation
03-11-2011, 02:42 PM
yeah mechanic says it's camber, factory upper control arms are not adjustable in anyway

mooshie
03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Think about this....

If the arms are not adjustable then how is the camber out?

Have you hit something or bushings rotted out?

Take it to a proper wheel alignment place before you go buying new parts

hondapop
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Has the tierod on that side been checked for worn balljoints (both inner and outer, don't forget the inner 'cause it's covered by the rubber boot). If there's excessive play in either (or both) this will allow the wheel to wander all over the place, but mostly allow it to toe out, scrubbing the tyre's inner edge.

EG5
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Get a Camber kit
We got hard race camber kit in stock

mugen_ctr
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
cars lowered or not? Only need correct camber kit if u have a lowered car, but id say its more so to do with toe problem an not camber problem