PDA

View Full Version : eg windscreen / wiper delete

x3cindymichael
06-11-2011, 08:07 PM
hey guys

one of my mates tried deleting my rear wiper today .. everything was going smoothly but the little tab on the rear windscreen (used to open windscreen) wouldn't come off .. twisted it a little and tried yanking it . Ended up taking my whole windscreen off and shattering it everywhere.. my windows are tinted. So pretty much its a eg with no rear windscreens.. seals came off and everything (separated have glass stuck in them) only thing left is the struts hanging.

So my question is do i need to buy a whole new windscreen? or can we go wreckers and get a windscreen and just connect them to the struts? he needs the car to get to work so any help would be greatly appreciated. If the case is we need a new windscreen can anyone recommend cheap windscreen places (prefer mobile. don't really want to drive the car)

----
oh also guys after this incident the boot light on the cluster comes on? when rear wiper deleting we cut the wire that connects just under the wing? so the wiper would come off? as we couldn't see another way to get it off. don't know if it was because of that. or we undid another plug or? is there a plug that we need to connect to turn this light off?

Thanks in advance for the help guys

cheers

Bludger
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
You can get the rear glass piece from the wrecker, providing you know how to put it back together......

or else, you'll just be wasting more money.

mocchi
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
how the hell did your mate fook it up?
that knob is so easy to remove.
2 screws to remove rear wiper motor cover, 1 nut to remove the knob.
slides out after that.

x3cindymichael
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
didn't know there was a nut to remove for the knob thought it would twist out.. hence why noob forum ):
can i just go wreckers and get a rear screen? and just bolt it up to the struts?

mocchi
06-11-2011, 09:25 PM
hahah. costly mistake there.
yes and yes. good luck.

x3cindymichael
07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
ah okay thanks man. i'll check the wreckers out this week. oh post update about boot light if anyone can help too ^

dorikin
07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
the boot light comes on because you have no rear hatch to close derrrr

mocchi
07-11-2011, 06:09 PM
the boot light comes on because you have no rear hatch to close derrrr

hhahahah

x3cindymichael
07-11-2011, 10:46 PM
ok thanks fellas

waix
07-11-2011, 10:48 PM