PDA

View Full Version : Got a scratch on my black Euro.

plasma169
18-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Somebody intentionally scratched my car from behind with a key or something. :(

It's not that huge. But it quiet stands out even from a far distance coz my car's black. Does anyone know any shops that specialize in reparing/modifying Honda cars in Sydney? (Preferably in Sydney/City area).

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

aaronng
18-02-2005, 11:10 PM
I think most professional detailers or bodyshops can fix it up. Get a reputable one. www.chipsaway.com.au also fixes scratches and damages, but they are expensive.

Catcha
19-02-2005, 04:01 PM
How deep is it? if its down to the metal well it's going to be hard, if not well might be able to hide with some touch up paint........

|N|
19-02-2005, 04:09 PM
i say just do it with some touch ups..

bigdongers
19-02-2005, 10:08 PM
maybe post a pic?

If its not too deep, you can try meguiars scratch x

sodaz
19-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry that happened to you man.

What a bastard. I don't know how these people get pleasure from scratching other people's cars. Will destroying somebody elses property help them afford a Euro? :thumbdwn:

BTW, If the scratch is not too deep you can use touch up paint. If it is deep you will need professionals to fix it and it can cost a fair bit.

coladuna
20-02-2005, 05:06 PM
If it was keyed, I doubt you can get it fixed cheaply. You can go with touch up paint but IMO they look quite terrible as well. You'll probably have to get the whole panel resprayed if you want it fixed properly.

EuroAccord13
20-02-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.kwikfix.com.au/

spiller
20-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Your insurance will cover you for the panel to be resprayed if its bad enough and you see it as worth paying the excess for. Depends on the cost of the damage i spose.

filoaccord
20-02-2005, 08:01 PM
yeah this morning wen i went to the euro cruise in bris. saw a long scratch on the back door to where u put petrol in, it happened last night at my mrs parents house. thats the second time now 2 yrs ago xmas eve i had a commordore they broke the quater glass and stole my wallet. my wallet was hidden under the seat and the bastard found it . im so pissed off how people do that there just jealous. by the way i got a 94 accord, its to deep they had a key. now gotta get it reprayed i guess, u think i can cut n polish??

blackeuro
24-03-2007, 07:45 PM
i feel your pain man, my brand new euro got egged the other nite! farken pu$sies! now i have 2 find sum1 to 2 fix it.

BraXta
26-03-2007, 10:15 AM
oooooo i hate scratches... i got some on my black euro.. from other people opening doors into it.... it really sucks washing you car then you notice a new scratch... only problem with black paint looks sexy but scratches are easy to see =(

i normally if i got a panel too scratched up i take it to a guy i know whos a smash repairer and he will spray any panel for 250 =D

so that aint too bad but i would try polishin the scratch out first then try Meguires Scratch X thats not a bad product too =D

if it stays you might need to see a sprayer.

i remember seeing some stuff that people can use for like stone chips and stuff tho... it had the word blob in it or sumptin like that ... it actually fills the chip out and makes it look like the paint isnt chipped... it works on scratches too ... ill look into gettin the name for ya if it is for scratches cause i know some people who used it for chips and it worked great they said...

BraXta
26-03-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.langka.com/

ta da and there it is =D hehe

google is a wonderful thing... have a look into that stuff ive heard good things from my old forum i was a part of

E-Gene
28-03-2007, 11:57 PM
My old Corolla had a few scratches on it but when I had the car detailed, it all went away. Especially the ugly ones under the door handles.