PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic Eg Repaint Costs?

sirchami
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Just wondering anyone one knew the costs of just repainting a honda civic eg red which its paint is faded.. Just a standard red, no effects, no gloss or whatever, and if anyone knows a location in around sydney, possibly around the liverpool, fairfield, parramatta, smilthfeild anywhere around there.. thanks

mocchi
08-11-2011, 08:07 AM
hey bro,

check out my website (http://www.yellowpages.com.au/), it will answer all your question.

welcome abourd!

sirchami
08-11-2011, 08:11 AM
ohh yerh shouldve checked this website first, thanks man =D

chauster
08-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Hai dood. Reprint costs from 800$-3000$ for a full repaint. Depending if outside only or in and out. Also depends on the quality of paint used. I'd hook you up if you were in Melbourne but your not. Best of luck.

hmetro24
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Where to get paint from?
Btw i asked about the cost before. it will cost 1200 $ + for outside paint

chauster
08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Where to get paint from?
Btw i asked about the cost before. it will cost 1200 $ + for outside paint

You get what you pay for. A 1200$ paint job is not going to look anywhere near a 4000$ paint job.

I'm painting my car tommorrow. Lol paint cost 800$ alone.

mocchi
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
2pack chau?
you use half mask respirator or full face with positive air pressure?

EKVTIR-T
08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
How badly is it faded? It might be able to be polished if its not too far gone.
Post some good pics here first as a respray could be more than the cars value

hmetro24
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
You get what you pay for. A 1200$ paint job is not going to look anywhere near a 4000$ paint job.
I'm painting my car tommorrow. Lol paint cost 800$ alone.

Where did u buy paint from, And how much paint is needed for outside only. I am painting same color not diferent color

zhong
08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Paint Cost - 2L base, 1L clear, 1L hardener, 1L primer, 2L thinner - $250 max (2pack)
Equipment - Compressor with hose/gun, Respirator, Drop sheets - $200 max
Labour - DIY (weekend?)

For an eg I wouldn't pay more than $800 for an outside job only, because like someone mentioned, the paint job will out-value the car. In my opinion, it's not worth it unless you DIY or know someone who can do it for you cheap. And, a COST of a paint job doesn't always REFLECT its quality, but all to their own. Oh and if you do plan to DIY, use 2-pack paints (check local laws before attempting at home) and take your time to prep it properly, it will bring the shine you long for.

Peace.

sirchami
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
thanks guys for the prices and tips, really appreciate it..

mocchi
08-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Paint Cost - 2L base, 1L clear, 1L hardener, 1L primer, 2L thinner - $250 max (2pack)
Labour - DIY (weekend?)

For an eg I wouldn't pay more than $800 for an outside job only, because like someone mentioned, the paint job will out-value the car. In my opinion, it's not worth it unless you DIY or know someone who can do it for you cheap. And, a COST of a paint job doesn't always REFLECT its quality, but all to their own. Oh and if you do plan to DIY, use 2-pack paints (check local laws before attempting at home) and take your time to prep it properly, it will bring the shine you long for.

Peace.

have you ever DIY painting a whole car? ill pay you $800 to paint my eg.
you said cost doesnt always reflect quality, lets see how good you can paint for $800.
the amount of sanding & buffing is ridiculous. a weekend? crock of shit.

sanding a whole car and 'leveling' it with guide coat before primer takes million years esp. if it's a 1 man job.
not to mention urethane and acrylic don't match, give you plenty of orange peel.

you need to consider weather if its windy or not if spraying in garage.
dust will blow through crevices in your garage.

have you got adequate compressor? 35ltr tank compressor only last 0:30-1min of full spray when using a gun that takes 10cfm +
only 1-2hp compressor? brb 10mins to fill tank. then comes duty cycle of compressor.
then you gotta consider the pressure, too much pressure the paint gonna dry before it lands on panel giving you dry sandy texture.
lower the pressure? not enough airflow, blotchy paint.
orange peel? fish eyes? runs? gotta sand it all back.

and if you plan to DIY, do not use 2pack paint unless you have full mask with positive air pressure to mask (thousands of dollars).
isocyanate is thought to be carcinogenic and no half mask respirator can filter this particle.
isocyanate can also be absorbed through skin contact.

is your health worth it? not my place to say.
i like to work for peanuts.

cost of paint job ALWAYS reflect paint quality.

chauster
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Labour - DIY (weekend?)

Peace.

hey dude. Can you please spray my car for 800$. I'll give you a weekend. Please PM me.

hmetro24
08-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Any body can tell me a place where they sell paints In Melbourne. :|

zhong
09-11-2011, 02:56 AM
hey dude. Can you please spray my car for 800$. I'll give you a weekend. Please PM me.

hey dude, no I can't spray your car and I won't PM you.

Olerenshaws in Sunshine - Google it hmetro!

Peace.

chauster
09-11-2011, 11:44 AM
It's just eg. I wouldn't pay more than 800.
Welcome abourd!

Hmetro. Look up Tt automotive paint in Clayton. Tell them Chris from Motorware sent u

chauster
09-11-2011, 11:47 AM
hey dude, no I can't spray your car and I won't PM you.

Olerenshaws in Sunshine - Google it hmetro!

Peace.

I wouldn't paint a car by myself for 800. Not much profit for my labour. 1500 and we could work it out. There's more than just rub and paint.
I'm doing my ek now. And I'm still ceebs

zhong
09-11-2011, 11:51 AM
^^^ Fair enough though, but I personally won't pay more than $800 cause I'm a cheap skate. lol

But I will be painting my car though, and it won't cost me more than $200, and I really do think it's ALOT to do with rubbing hahah. All to their own though, maybe you can show us your results when done!

Peace.

itsdannyy
09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Mate im around the Smithfield area ill paint it for you just pm me for quotes

mocchi
09-11-2011, 12:05 PM
^^^ Fair enough though, but I personally won't pay more than $800 cause I'm a cheap skate. lol

But I will be painting my car though, and it won't cost me more than $200, and I really do think it's ALOT to do with rubbing hahah. All to their own though, maybe you can show us your results when done!

Peace.

once you do that, you'll know why no one will want to paint whole car for $800.
if they do paint it for $800, i guarantee you won't be happy with the quality.

chauster
09-11-2011, 12:15 PM

Peace.

Rubbing makes the car shiny? Idonteven. Quality clear makes the car shine.

u mad?
09-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Peace.
looooololool
typical ozhonda member.

stndrd
09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
looooololool
typical ozhonda member.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

chauster
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
All based up. Just cleared it. Baking now.

Got run in the rear bar. *tear*

RAD
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
hmetro24: West Melbourne: Distinctive auto paints, old geelong rd Werribee.

East Melbourne: Milsome Paints, burwood highway Ferntree Gully.

dc292177917
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
It's just eg. I wouldn't pay more than 800.
Welcome abourd!

Hmetro. Look up Tt automotive paint in Clayton. Tell them Chris from Motorware sent u

how much to do my del sol up mate?
if u work in MW i think u hv seen my car b4 :D
outside job only, 2pac, milano red
pm me!!

hmetro24
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
hmetro24: West Melbourne: Distinctive auto paints, old geelong rd Werribee.

East Melbourne: Milsome Paints, burwood highway Ferntree Gully.
great, thanks a lot mate ;)

onevia8u
14-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I beg to differ - The respray on my girls EG (black base with red pearl) cost $1400. I did the prep and my mate painted it in his booth.
My mate charged me $1000 for labour and 400 in paint.
Came out perfect, however I was a panel beater by trade.