PDA

View Full Version : dc5 engine mount

Prince_James
08-11-2011, 09:10 AM
hey guys
just wondering are type s and type r engine mounts interchangable ?
cheers

chargeR
08-11-2011, 11:14 AM
hey guys
just wondering are type s and type r engine mounts interchangable ?
cheers

There is a slight difference in the rear mount from memory, but they are functionally interchangeable. All Type S mounts will bolt into a Type R and vice versa.

bennjamin
08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
There is a slight difference in the rear mount from memory, but they are functionally interchangeable. All Type S mounts will bolt into a Type R and vice versa.

Can you confirm this ? Several people buying OEM/aftermarket mounts off me , told me they didnt fit Type S - and that the passenger side mount is ever slightly different.

chargeR
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Can you confirm this ? Several people buying OEM/aftermarket mounts off me , told me they didnt fit Type S - and that the passenger side mount is ever slightly different.

Sorry, I haven't actually compared them both side by side. My response was based on a basic visual inspection of both the 02-04 DC5 Type R mounts and the 05-06 Type S, and also that aftermarket mount manufacturers use the same mount for both cars. Which mounts in particular didn't fit the Type S? The Honda part numbers for the driver's side mount between 02-06 was unchanged in the US, whereas all three other mounts are a different part number for 04-06.