PDA

View Full Version : JDM H22A Euro-R and H22A Euro Type-R Swap into Accord CD5? Legal? Can it be imported?

accordinho
10-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this site. Moved to OZ few months ago and bought a 96 Accord as a temporary car but I fell in love with it. I am now making plans for it and you will hear a lot from me from now on.

I'm thinking about engine swap and found out about the H22A Euro-R (JDM) and the H22A Euro Type-R (Europe).

Can I import any of these two engine to Australia? I mean if I pay for it and arranged the shipment would it be allowed in Australia?

Is this swap legal in Australia? I know the H22A (australian) swap is legal but what about the JDM and the European engines?

Thanks

marquee
10-11-2011, 09:55 PM
any engine made for a specific model is allowed without compliance.

An engine not made for you specific model will need to be complied by an engineer for safety reasons.

You can put any engine in a car aslong as it fits in the engine bay as long as it pasts compliance so you may need to upgrade a few things like brakes etc

lilthug
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this site. Moved to OZ few months ago and bought a 96 Accord as a temporary car but I fell in love with it. I am now making plans for it and you will hear a lot from me from now on.

I'm thinking about engine swap and found out about the H22A Euro-R (JDM) and the H22A Euro Type-R (Europe).

Can I import any of these two engine to Australia? I mean if I pay for it and arranged the shipment would it be allowed in Australia?

Is this swap legal in Australia? I know the H22A (australian) swap is legal but what about the JDM and the European engines?

Thanks

depending on state.. an engine number swap with the local road authorities will be all you need

accordinho
11-11-2011, 12:02 AM
depending on state.. an engine number swap with the local road authorities will be all you need

Does this apply to Australia or Canada? I'm in NSW Australia. I read that a JDM engine swap can be illegal in Canada but I don't know about Australia.

Bludger
11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Welcome abourd OzHonda accordinho.

lilthug
11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Does this apply to Australia or Canada? I'm in NSW Australia. I read that a JDM engine swap can be illegal in Canada but I don't know about Australia.

i was talking about aussie rules there mate..

also canada seems to have pretty relaxed rules

i saw j series ek daily driven with half the engine sticking out of the bonnet

accordinho
11-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome abourd OzHonda accordinho.

Thanks mate.

accordinho
11-11-2011, 04:17 PM
i was talking about aussie rules there mate..

also canada seems to have pretty relaxed rules

i saw j series ek daily driven with half the engine sticking out of the bonnet

Thanks mate. I may start planning to import one from abroad. Low mileage engines are a lot cheaper from europe or Japan than in Australia

sugz
15-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Jdm h22a in accord is fine, that's what I have
All you need to do is to get blue slip inspection and change the engine number with rta

lilthug
15-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks mate. I may start planning to import one from abroad. Low mileage engines are a lot cheaper from europe or Japan than in Australia

be wary of "low mileage"

most imported cars have had the clocks wound back

and it would be hard to chase down history

either way u should be setting aside money to refresh the engine b4 putting it into the car

jeremydawg
18-11-2011, 08:54 PM
be wary of "low mileage"

most imported cars have had the clocks wound back

and it would be hard to chase down history

either way u should be setting aside money to refresh the engine b4 putting it into the car

+1
gotta be careful.
Should change all belts/seals prior to installation. remove clutch, inspect flywheel etc.

most importantly i would get the new motor compression tested. Proffesional import places will c/check their motors before they sell them

oh and welcome abourd!!

simmy
18-11-2011, 08:56 PM
welcome abourd broz

namtaro
25-11-2011, 05:01 PM
if you are in melb, i have an accord wreck with a jdm h22a, ~155xxxkms on the motor and 18xxxxkms on the chasis, engine still works with a/c and power steering, you can take it off my hands for 2.5k ono. more details pm me. car always runs on 98 premium and motul oil. its not thrashed, and im not lying, coz i had my car for fitment, so was worried about potholes and all on the road.

NvM
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
If you want an engine from a CH1 ATR have a look on www.accordr.org alot of them are being broken since they are worth more as parts than complete vehicles.

http://www.accordr.org/index.php?/forum/59-breakers-yard/

Also since the weak pound atm they are fairly well priced.