PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey 2000 Transmission problem

odyssey_mel
11-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new on this forum. Someone may give useful info for my problem. I have bought Honda Odyssey 2000 model 2nd Gen. It has run 145K and now Tyranny problem start-up. When tyranny warms up then reverse gear doesn't power enough to push car back on steep only, but flat road there is not that bad. Honda dealer check it and let me know that Transmission has to rebuild to fix this issue. It gives me estimate more than $3000.

Is that any harm if I run my car as it is?
Can I repair it for less (cheep). How long it would run after spending money on it?
Who is the good Odyssey Transmission repairer in Melbourne if known?

Regards

stndrd
11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
pm sent

Leighozzy
09-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Im having the same problem, any help would be very grateful.

odyssey_mel
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I have asked different mechanics and they quote me $2200 for repair the original Tranny, and replace the tranny from scrap car for $1300
But there is no issue if I am running my car as it is until it is dead stop. So I have decided to run my car as it is. Last week I went to great ocean road till Warrnambool and I am happy with my car, No issue, no drama

Leighozzy
10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Mines got a bit to bad to leave, starting to have trouble on the flat now. wife forgot and parked nose down to a wall and had to get someone to push her out.