PDA

View Full Version : EH Honda Civic?

Jonno34
11-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

I put up a WTB ad on some forums looking for an EG civic sedan in manual.
Someone has offered to sell me a 1994 EH Sedan, he said its basically a sedan with a better engine and rare.

He's asking for 4k ...
Most EG's I have seen go for 2.5k or so.
Anybody have any information on the EH's? Ive tried a search but I've only ever seen EG or EJ mentioned :S

Thanks in advance everyone

prada21
11-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Fifth generation (1992–1995) - EG, EH, EJ1, EJ2
Fifth-generation Civic sedan
Main article: Honda Civic (fifth generation)

Introduced in 1992, the redesigned Civic featured increased dimensions, as well as more aerodynamic styling. The wagon variant was now only available in the Japanese market where the previous generation wagon wasn't carried over until 1995. The efficiency of the previous HF model was replaced by the VX hatchback which, with an EPA rating of 48/55 MPG, was Honda's most fuel efficient model sold at the time. In North America the Si featured a SOHC VTEC valve train, where as the VX featured the VTEC-E. The Japanese Si featured a DOHC non-VTEC valve train D16A9. In New Zealand the powerful Civic GTi was revised. Continuing in the sporty tradition of the original Civic SiR, Honda sold several similarly equipped variants of the fifth generation car, still referred to as the Civic SiR, in Japan, Asia, and Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic#Fifth_generation_.281992.E2.80.931995. 29_-_EG.2C_EH.2C_EJ1.2C_EJ2

Ask him what engine it has in it.. thats how you will tell if its a better engine.. rare.. im no so sure about.. maybe its an import?

Hope this helps a little?

EKVTIR-T
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
EH is basically EG sedan.
What engine is he claiming to have in it?
If it has an engine swap it might be worth looking into

The sedans arent really rare and not many people want them so I think he's talking crap honestly

Bludger
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
The rambling will be infinite, do you have a particular question or you just want general information.......

if just general information, then I'm sure if you spend more timeon these links, you will find more information.

here click me (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?5917-HEY-YOU-%21-BEFORE-YOU-TYPE....SEARCH-%21-%21-%21) or here click me too (http://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=en).

Basically an EH is an EG sedan, thats the vehicle code. Most people call them EG's anyway, that's why you can't find information on it.....

Would be happy to try to answer specific questions.

Bludger
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Fifth generation (1992–1995) - EG, EH, EJ1, EJ2
Fifth-generation Civic sedan
Main article: Honda Civic (fifth generation)

Introduced in 1992, the redesigned Civic featured increased dimensions, as well as more aerodynamic styling. The wagon variant was now only available in the Japanese market where the previous generation wagon wasn't carried over until 1995. The efficiency of the previous HF model was replaced by the VX hatchback which, with an EPA rating of 48/55 MPG, was Honda's most fuel efficient model sold at the time. In North America the Si featured a SOHC VTEC valve train, where as the VX featured the VTEC-E. The Japanese Si featured a DOHC non-VTEC valve train D16A9. In New Zealand the powerful Civic GTi was revised. Continuing in the sporty tradition of the original Civic SiR, Honda sold several similarly equipped variants of the fifth generation car, still referred to as the Civic SiR, in Japan, Asia, and Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic#Fifth_generation_.281992.E2.80.931995. 29_-_EG.2C_EH.2C_EJ1.2C_EJ2

Ask him what engine it has in it.. thats how you will tell if its a better engine.. rare.. im no so sure about.. maybe its an import?

Hope this helps a little?
spoon fed.....

prada21
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
ahh sorry if i spammed up guys! =(

my bad :( dont hurt me... bahahha

prada21
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
sorry Bludger =\

Jonno34
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey bludger sorry, I was hoping to find out if there was anything about the 'EH' worth justifying the 4k price tag, perhaps they were known to truly be rare and had a good engine in them or some improvements over the rest .. anything that could have given him reason to offer me his car for 4k. Like I think i've seen on some threads EG1 and EG2 etc meant different things?

I searched as best I could, but I couldnt find out any information about the EH, on google all I saw was alot of pages from US civic forums, nothing about the AUDM specific market referring to EH, and all the threads I could find on the EH were the Si spec. (I thought perhaps Si's went for about that price since they have the DOHC VTEC)

He hasnt specified any proper information on the car, this is what he said when I asked for more information
"its an EH but it falls into the 92-95 catagory since its a 94 its basically a eg 4door with a better engine and more rarer has working aircon and no leaks what so ever"

I will try to get more specific information from him
But I was doubting whether any 92-95 Civic Sedan was worth 4k ..

Thanks for your inputs everyone

Bludger
11-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey bludger sorry, I was hoping to find out if there was anything about the 'EH' worth justifying the 4k price tag, perhaps they were known to truly be rare and had a good engine in them or some improvements over the rest .. anything that could have given him reason to offer me his car for 4k. Like I think i've seen on some threads EG1 and EG2 etc meant different things?

I searched as best I could, but I couldnt find out any information about the EH, on google all I saw was alot of pages from US civic forums, nothing about the AUDM specific market referring to EH, and all the threads I could find on the EH were the Si spec. (I thought perhaps Si's went for about that price since they have the DOHC VTEC)

He hasnt specified any proper information on the car, this is what he said when I asked for more information
"its an EH but it falls into the 92-95 catagory since its a 94 its basically a eg 4door with a better engine and more rarer has working aircon and no leaks what so ever"

I will try to get more specific information from him
But I was doubting whether any 92-95 Civic Sedan was worth 4k ..

Thanks for your inputs everyone
Maybe its condition warrants the price tag.

If you're keen, you should inspect the car in person before making assumptions its too dear or otherwise.

prada21
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
If its a clean car or if there has been an engine swap done... yea maybe 4k is worth it..
i just recently brought my eg4 hatch for 3k.. it was a disaster.. im just finishing up on a EFI conversion.. so far in total Ive spent 6.5k.. so maybe.. but also go look at it.. get an inspection done on it.. it could be the best $150 spent.. i wished i done that and i wouldn't be so out of pocket..

Bludger
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM
BTW

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i157/1900-hustler/6f8100e0.jpg

http://static2.ozhonda.com/forum/images/misc/ozhonda_logo.jpg

cihanvtec
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
bought my EH9 in january 2010 for 3.7. bargained it down from 4.2 on 220,xxx ks. it had 1 owner and full service history and near immaculate exterior/interior. 4k seems like a reasonable price, but more info is needed for us to tell u if its a good buy.. good luck though :)

prada21
11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
agree with cihanvtec :)

Jonno34
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
If its a clean car or if there has been an engine swap done... yea maybe 4k is worth it..
i just recently brought my eg4 hatch for 3k.. it was a disaster.. im just finishing up on a EFI conversion.. so far in total Ive spent 6.5k.. so maybe.. but also go look at it.. get an inspection done on it.. it could be the best $150 spent.. i wished i done that and i wouldn't be so out of pocket..

I take all the cars I am interested in buying to Kmart - its a free mechanical inspection! :)
I havent seen a civic over 3k in Perth yet though, and we usually have higher car prices than most other states .. I just missed out on one in great condition for 2.5k :(

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try and get more information on the engine etc and report back here :)
I dont mind paying a higher price if it's in mint condition, I'm hoping to keep this car for a loong time yet

Thanks for the welcome Bludger!

And thanks again to everyone for the help :)
Hopefully he will reply soon with more specifics on the engine etc

Jonno34
11-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey guys more info from the seller ..
Vti spec, D16Y1 engine, with king springs, generally good paintwork besides the front bumper (apparently wack and gay) .. which the previous owner put on and did a shoddy job painting it apparently
Aircon is working well, and no oil leaks

Opinions?

V73C
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
So vti single cam vtec, hiw many kms on it ? How bad is the front bar ? They do go for pretty cheap, and kms are usually quite high on most of EH on the market

Vvvtec
11-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Yup, EH is just the sedan. My first car was an EH. Mine was half way between a GL and VTI. Power windows etc but only a D15b7 and no sunroof.

Mine was absolutely immaculate inside and out, 230,xxX km's on it. Sold it for $3750. Wanted $4k for it though.

So if this one is immaculate, i'd say the price is reasonably fair.

Jonno34
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
the prices you guys have said are alot higher than the cars ive been seeing :S
mid this year they were all about there but since then they seem to have dropped alot to about 2 or 2.5k for all the ones ive been seeing - but to be fair none of them have been in particularly good condition.
Are the ones with VTEC alot more expensive than standard ones?

I am waiting for his reply for some pics/the kms the car has done

Bludger
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Just go look @ the car, how hard could it be?

dougie_504
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I have an EH9 and I love it. Small car but still carries 4 people easily. D16Y1 isn't super powerful but gets you around easily, pulls quite well up hills etc, nippy enough to overtake, and good on fuel. Sunroof is really nice and everything electric. Good boot space too surprisingly. Has the good double wishbone sussy etc of the 80's and 90's Hondas which we are seeing less of these days.

Mine's pretty much immaculate in frost white (my fave Honda white actually), Bilstein coilovers, JDM LCA's, CAI, 4-2-1 ceramic coated header, and EM1 rims. 208,000 KM's and I've serviced it every 5,000KM's since I got it at 170,000 KM's. If I was to sell it as is I'd like $5,000 for it, so for $4,000 I think it's not a bad price that you're being offered.

It's a nice car for what it is and definitely a good first/daily :)

scotlock
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Ask him what modifications did he do with the car then think if 4k is really worth it for that car. I think 4k is a higher than an ordinary price. So maybe there's a reason why he did that.

Jonno34
12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
ill go have a look at the car once I have time perhaps hes flexible on his price .. to me 4k seems a bit much... its got no mods, just king springs and apparently a dodgy front bumper
cheers everyone