PDA

View Full Version : EG central locking.. Fuse?

sab0r
11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, just curious..
I have an alarm on my EG civic, and the alarm works but it doesnt unlock the car when pressing the button, it chirps and alarm is turned off, but doors dont unlock

It used to work before...
just curious if there is a fuse for this? or isit something to do with the solenoid actuator etc.

cheers

dc2r-0636
11-11-2011, 07:40 PM
My door actuators fuk up all the time, i think its pretty common, one way to fix it is to slide a flat head screw driver where the door locks onto the chassis. I cant explain it ill take a photo later for u

TENSE
11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
try using this link

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2089

sab0r
11-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for link! will try it tomorrow, hope its same as AUS models.

dc2r-0636: appreciate it! will try the fuse thing, if not will try actuator.

impossi13le
11-11-2011, 08:23 PM
i have the same issue as well - but i think i have an aftermarket central locking unit. does anyone know if a 92 eg Si comes with c/locking as standard?

works well when i unlock the car, but when i lock it up only the drivers side locks :S

THE 2BSEEN
11-11-2011, 08:48 PM
most actuators are the same at less work the same.
drivers side actuator can have more wires and the others have 2.
so you should be able to buy one to replace the stuffed ones. buy some them off ebay or a cheap central locking kit, just check your wires first.

to see if they dont work
run a earth and power to them to see if they move or make a sound.

CRXDEL501
13-03-2012, 02:59 PM
My door actuators fuk up all the time, i think its pretty common, one way to fix it is to slide a flat head screw driver where the door locks onto the chassis. I cant explain it ill take a photo later for u

Bump and old thread

Can you get this photo?

dc2r-0636
13-03-2012, 04:05 PM
i couldnt find a flat head so i used a star

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/daniel_b18c7/IMG_2038.jpg

now slide it accross (to the right)
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/daniel_b18c7/IMG_2039.jpg

CRXDEL501
13-03-2012, 04:49 PM
i couldnt find a flat head so i used a star

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/daniel_b18c7/IMG_2038.jpg

now slide it accross (to the right)
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc426/daniel_b18c7/IMG_2039.jpg

So what does this test? Is this for when you have central locking but with a key not remote? My passenger door isn't unlocking or locking when I use the key in the driver side door. Was working a few days ago

dc2r-0636
13-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Doesn't test anything, if u unlock the car with the remote and the door doesn't unlock, then u do this and he door will start unlocking when u unlock the doors

CRXDEL501
13-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Doesn't test anything, if u unlock the car with the remote and the door doesn't unlock, then u do this and he door will start unlocking when u unlock the doors

I got no remote lol it's key central locking on eg si

m3ntAL_l2
07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
bummp, got issue with my aftermarket central locking as well,

both door locks fine manually with key, and it still alarms the car, e.g when press lock, it will beep to immobilize but will not lock, and when i open one of the doors alarm will go off

just wondering if anyone had similar issue? is it just the actuators needs replacing? or fuse

THE 2BSEEN
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Try running power to the actuators and see if you get some noise.
If you get no movement or no noise it might be stuffed.
You can buy actuators cheap any ways.
Just make sure the ones you buy have the same amount of wires.
Easy cuz

manolii
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
bummp, got issue with my aftermarket central locking as well,

both door locks fine manually with key, and it still alarms the car, e.g when press lock, it will beep to immobilize but will not lock, and when i open one of the doors alarm will go off

just wondering if anyone had similar issue? is it just the actuators needs replacing? or fuse

Had this issue (very similar) with my Honda system. Honda quoted me $880 for door actuators but they werent 100% sure. basically what was happening was that the signal wasnt reaching from the remote to the sensor in the car. If I wanted to lock my car with the remote I had to be in the passanger seat and point the remote directly at the sensor (which was pretty useless). I opted to replace the system with a aftermarket system although an auto electrician may be able to help you out.

But if you want check door lock fuse

THE 2BSEEN
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Brother please read though every thing.
I've explained how to test them and they are cheap to replace (I think you can buy a central locking kit from super cheap auto for like $50)

zhong
11-10-2012, 09:13 PM
First of all, I see two potential culprits here:

1. If you door doesn't unlock/lock (but still arms) when your remote is pressed - most likely your master/actuator is stuffed and needs replacement. As someone else said - they're really cheap to buy. They're 99% all the same out there, a blue and green wire - buy a new one and swap it out to match it up to your existing and it will work.

2. If only your drivers' side locks when it is armed/triggered, it means that the door trigger switch for the central locking system is worn - it only triggers sometimes, hence only locks the passenger when it does short the signal. Try spraying WD40/electric contact cleaner into the door latch section from INSIDE the door (remove the door trim) and try sliding the rail with your hands a few times to lubricate it. If this doesn't work - then replace the switch (a PITA to remove and swap out, probably easier by changing the whole door tbh lol). Otherwise, be smart and rewire the factory module to be triggered by your existing actuator. This will work, but it will create a delayed trigger for the passenger side to lock - maybe 1second delay opposed to simultaneously.

Goodluck guys.

Peace.