PDA

View Full Version : EK hatchback air cond

Kempe
13-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Took the Civic a run for the first time in warm weather (30c) and the air cond is appallingly bad.
I can hear the click of the compressor kicking in and can feel the drain on the engine and the air does cool a bit, but not enough to cool the cabin and that was with the air control on recirculating and fan on high.
Going to check that when the sliding temperature lever is in the cool position it's actually at it's coolest, but was wondering if this is a problem or do Civics just have crap air cond for Australian conditions.
Also what is the point of the big vents on the top of the dash?
What's the general concencus on Civics air cond?

HONTUNE
13-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey mate, Shawn was the last time the a/c was gassed? Have you measured the temp at the vents ?

Kempe
13-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey I remember talking to you before.
Never been regassed, but would it need it if there's no leak??
Surely if it's a sealed unit and there's no leak it wont need regassed?
Think I need to check that the lever goes fully to cold when you slide it , then take it from there
Havent measured the temps at the vents

dorikin
13-11-2011, 09:27 PM
You're probably just low on refrigerant.

jeremydawg
13-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey I remember talking to you before.
Never been regassed, but would it need it if there's no leak??
Surely if it's a sealed unit and there's no leak it wont need regassed?
Think I need to check that the lever goes fully to cold when you slide it , then take it from there
Havent measured the temps at the vents

there is a metal rod for the c/c slider. look underneath your dash on the passenger side. you will see the small rod hooked onto small hinges/sliders.
You can move it back and forth to see wether it is moving properly.

if your a/c needs re-gassing it has a leak.
could be a number of problems

Kempe
13-11-2011, 09:55 PM
there is a metal rod for the c/c slider. look underneath your dash on the passenger side. you will see the small rod hooked onto small hinges/sliders.
You can move it back and forth to see wether it is moving properly.

if your a/c needs re-gassing it has a leak.
could be a number of problems

Will check it out after work tomorrow and if it does slide properly to the cold position I guess it needs a regas and new seals etc