PDA

View Full Version : NSW Retake the P1 test to obtain manual permission

mattsrea
15-11-2011, 05:49 PM
hey guys im a p1 driver restricted to auto (because my family only had auto cars) and i was wondering is it possible to retake the test in manual?

Bludger
15-11-2011, 05:50 PM
yeizz

Lazarus
15-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Probably..but why not just wait out the 1 year, and just be eligible to drive manual on p2?

mattsrea
15-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Probably..but why not just wait out the 1 year, and just be eligible to drive manual on p2?

Oh because im moving to melbourne at the end of the year and over there P2 is still restricted -_-
Unless is it possible for me to fly back up to Sydney amd get P2 over here?? :D

androo
15-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh because im moving to melbourne at the end of the year and over there P2 is still restricted -_-
Unless is it possible for me to fly back up to Sydney amd get P2 over here?? :D
If you don't change your address to your new Melbourne address, then you are still technically living in Sydney.

mattsrea
15-11-2011, 06:39 PM
If you don't change your address to your new Melbourne address, then you are still technically living in Sydney.

Damm i dunno if my parents will change the address because i cant get them till like june LOL but i dont wanna stay with autos for 3 years -_-

mattsrea
15-11-2011, 10:34 PM
UPDATE!! Hey guys i gotta another quick question about VICROADS. Is the laws for P2 similiar to the ones in Sydney?? Would i be able to drive manual once im on P2 in Melbourne? Im currently a P1 Sydney driver restricted to auto. Thanks alot!

Bludger
15-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Customer services
(opening hours: 8:30am to 5pm Mon - Fri, 8:30am to 2pm Sat)

Registration and licensing enquiries
Vehicle Securities Register (check before you buy a vehicle)
Road and traffic enquiries

charliebrown
15-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Just take a manual test in Melbourne. And it's not 3 years, it's 4. ****ed, i know. $50 to book a test... $80 for them to print you a fkn license, dogs.

mattsrea
16-11-2011, 09:15 AM
So P2 in Melbourne is still restricted??? O_O

charliebrown
16-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes. P1 is same as P2, only difference is passenger law.

SuperJDM.
16-11-2011, 10:05 AM

dude... thats not the only difference...

ones red ones green...

Lazarus
16-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Dang, dude didn't know that you were going to Melb instead, my bad.

But like the others above said, if you still maintain an address in Sydney, you can drive/fly/swim back up to Sydney and take your P2.
If not...gotta give VICRoads a call i suppose.

GL

mattsrea
16-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Dang, dude didn't know that you were going to Melb instead, my bad.

But like the others above said, if you still maintain an address in Sydney, you can drive/fly/swim back up to Sydney and take your P2.
If not...gotta give VICRoads a call i suppose.

GL

hahaha is this David Luy??? :L:L Yeah man im moving but i dont wanna transfer my licence yet because yeah i dont wanna stay on auto for P2. But what others said if maintaining a Sydney address and flying over to get p2 is possible then i'll use Veraks address :)

r3ckless
16-11-2011, 12:13 PM
stick wiht curren tlicence tilll unrestricted.. save up moeny alll that time, and then buy manual car...

mattsrea
16-11-2011, 12:15 PM
stick wiht curren tlicence tilll unrestricted.. save up moeny alll that time, and then buy manual car...

I was thinking of that but what if in the time interval u already done alot of work to your car? :S

Lazarus
16-11-2011, 02:05 PM
hahaha is this David Luy??? :L:L Yeah man im moving but i dont wanna transfer my licence yet because yeah i dont wanna stay on auto for P2. But what others said if maintaining a Sydney address and flying over to get p2 is possible then i'll use Veraks address :)

sorry dude, not david luy. but good luck with ur license~

mattsrea
16-11-2011, 02:55 PM
sorry dude, not david luy. but good luck with ur license~

Oh right my bad lol but yeah thanks man, i guess i'll just wait it out till im 21 then get a manual or maybe a transmission or full engine swap.

charliebrown
16-11-2011, 04:35 PM
22*

Just do the test in VIC dude. Easy to pass

JohnO
16-11-2011, 05:34 PM
wow they changed the rules again? i thought it was still restricted auto on p1 if you did auto and then p2 you can drive whatever transmission you want. fulls in 3months

tiksie
16-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Here's what you do.

Go get your red P's on Manual in Sydney. Move over to Melbourne and keep your NSW license, don't change it to VIC.

As long as you don't change it to VIC License, then only the NSW laws apply to you.

When you are ready to take your test for your Green P's, fly back to Sydney to do it and get your green P's then continue using that in Melbourne.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR LICENSE AS YOU WILL NEED TO GET A VIC LICENSE AND AFTER THAT THE VIC LAWS APPLY TO YOU.

Continue doing this until you get your fulls in NSW then come back to SYD again and get your fulls then go back to Melbourne.

They state that you must notify them within 3 months, but they can't do shit about it.

I know this from personal experience. I got my full license when I was 19! This was due to the fact that W.A didn't have green P's 4 years ago, so I went there and changed my address to my parents address in Perth and went and got a license there. Since they didn't have Green P's, I automatically got my GOLD license.

After doing this I went back to NSW and continued to use my W.A license until I was old enough to get my Golds here (I think its 20 or 21 ?). I was pulled over a few times and the cops just gave me a weird look because they had never seen a W.A license before. They had stated that I had to change it within 3 months, but whenever I got pulled over, I told them that I live in Perth and I'm only visiting Sydney.. What can they do about it ? NOTHING AT ALL.

My 2 cents.

mattsrea
18-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Here's what you do.

Go get your red P's on Manual in Sydney. Move over to Melbourne and keep your NSW license, don't change it to VIC.

As long as you don't change it to VIC License, then only the NSW laws apply to you.

When you are ready to take your test for your Green P's, fly back to Sydney to do it and get your green P's then continue using that in Melbourne.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR LICENSE AS YOU WILL NEED TO GET A VIC LICENSE AND AFTER THAT THE VIC LAWS APPLY TO YOU.

Continue doing this until you get your fulls in NSW then come back to SYD again and get your fulls then go back to Melbourne.

They state that you must notify them within 3 months, but they can't do shit about it.

I know this from personal experience. I got my full license when I was 19! This was due to the fact that W.A didn't have green P's 4 years ago, so I went there and changed my address to my parents address in Perth and went and got a license there. Since they didn't have Green P's, I automatically got my GOLD license.

After doing this I went back to NSW and continued to use my W.A license until I was old enough to get my Golds here (I think its 20 or 21 ?). I was pulled over a few times and the cops just gave me a weird look because they had never seen a W.A license before. They had stated that I had to change it within 3 months, but whenever I got pulled over, I told them that I live in Perth and I'm only visiting Sydney.. What can they do about it ? NOTHING AT ALL.

My 2 cents.

Oh jesus that sounds sooo complicated LOOL but i dunno, im already on P1 auto :S I was hoping P2 at vic is unrestricted but its not ):

tiksie
19-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Read it again.......

WATAJK
19-11-2011, 09:12 AM

restricted till fulls mate.
Auto license allows auto cars only for P1 and P2
Manual allows you drive any transmission type.

tiksie
19-11-2011, 11:56 PM
VIC sure does suck it seems when it comes to anything automotive related!

Bludger
20-11-2011, 12:16 AM
VIC sure does suck it seems when it comes to anything automotive related!
one off payment of personalized plates and fixed price rego seems like it's much better to me. $650'ish rego & ctp, no need for pink slip BS.

Just one off RWC when you buy the vehicle.
Vic registration, yes please....

$400 PA plates.
$900'ish rego,

get ****ed NSW

tiksie
20-11-2011, 01:15 PM
WA is the best, no pink slip green slip blue slip or whatever.. About $350 for 1 year rego!

mattsrea
24-11-2011, 10:43 PM
restricted till fulls mate.
Auto license allows auto cars only for P1 and P2
Manual allows you drive any transmission type.

Far that sucks hard, their so strict not like Sydney.....

Alright thanks for confirmation WATAJK