PDA

View Full Version : RE002 Vs Toyo Proxes 4

hondavti25
15-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I have read a whole heap on here about RE002 and seem to to be a great tyre but when I went to order some today the guy at the shop said take a day to look into Toyo Proxes 4's. I can't seem to find a great deal and from what I can work out the Toyo equivalent is the R1R? He pretty much said both great Japanese tyres but can't find the reason him self to spend the extra $70 per wheel. Any one wanna got any experience with the Proxes. Money is not an issue just wanting something thats going to go hand in hand with the RPF1's that I just purchased.

bennjamin
15-11-2011, 06:40 PM
id go for the RE002's. Having tested the same performance car with both tyres - the RE002 seems to be better in all situations.

egb16b
15-11-2011, 07:42 PM
RE002 > Proxes 4 any day of the week.

No Comparison.

But in saying that the Proxes are a good tyre and is cheaper then the RE002. I've had them and had no problems with them whatsoever. Good in the wet, not much road noise. Good tread wear. And when pushed it will happily take whatever you throw at it.

The RE002 will do everything the Proxes do but better. Since money is no issue, go the RE002.