PDA

View Full Version : foglight help installing extra plug

ptoXo
16-11-2011, 04:33 PM
hey guys
just installing the fog lights onto the 99 ek civic
mounted all good and plugged into the harness in the engine bay(brown connector behind the drivers side headlight correct?

when i get into the cabin heres were the fun begins
the connect from my fuse is plugged into the number 5 slot above the fuse box like in the installation guide i found on the net
then i found the brown connector behind the fuse box that connects the harness to the lights no my issue is relay is plugged in ground cable is fine but i have an extra brown plug(it is the same sort of plug as the one found behind the fuse box.) the installation guide i found on the net isnt very clear what to do with this one but i have a feeling it has something to do with the headlight switch and the relay
any help would be swell
cheers

egb16b
17-11-2011, 03:59 PM
mate it's a bit hard to read that..

mugen_ctr
17-11-2011, 08:48 PM
draw us a diagram lol...

If u have yellow foggies, legally, well in vic u must have them connected to switch and not the head light switch an relay. U must have them two separate so both cant operate at the same time if u get what im tryna say lol... so basically headlights work on there own an foggies again on there own... though i see many, and many oem cars have that arrangement, its cause they all use white foggies there fore its okay for them , gay for use with real yellow foggies....

the foggies them selfs should have there own relays, wiring foggies shouldnt be too difficult, done it few times now....

http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/foglite.jpg

egb16b
17-11-2011, 09:59 PM
lol gangster diagram man haha

+rep cos it looks so sexc