PDA

View Full Version : new CRV

ryaan
17-11-2011, 12:32 PM
just read some article.. and heres the new crv with official pics of interior as well :)
anyone thinks this is gna be a 7 seater?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/146545/2012-honda-cr-v-revealed-at-los-angeles-auto-show/

http://cdn0.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2012-honda-crv-11-625x447.jpg

http://cdn0.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2012-honda-crv-4-625x445.jpg

interior looks great.. dont know about the outside :(

UNLS1
17-11-2011, 12:44 PM
i love it! looks more aggressive than the old model, and the old model was great just needed a few more KW's

Atjo
17-11-2011, 01:40 PM
CRV is available on 7-seater mostly in asian countries. We don't get it because we have odyssey.

evolution
17-11-2011, 06:04 PM
caradvice did show a couple of pics of the boot and it looks like a normal 5 seater.

And sad to say... I actually agree with most of the comments made about the new CRV... starting to loose hope about the future of Honda.

Philip Lee
17-11-2011, 08:54 PM
The interior looks ok. The exterior seems too American style. D pillar is so weird!!

Fredoops
18-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Rear end copies a Volvo
front end looks like an EP civic (sort of)
The little triangle window after C Pillar screams Kia
The overall lines is a bit Ssangyong Stavic/Pontic Aztec.....

It's bulkier.... same old K24....

ryaan
19-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Rear end copies a Volvo
front end looks like an EP civic (sort of)
The little triangle window after C Pillar screams Kia
The overall lines is a bit Ssangyong Stavic/Pontic Aztec.....

It's bulkier.... same old K24....

damn i really thought they were gna put the new k25 2.5cyl in it.. although it was only rumours. :(

blk_shadow
19-11-2011, 09:48 AM
^ what do you mean by 2.5 cyl? or u meant 2.5 lt?

cos I aint gonna drive a CRV with 2.5 cylinder lol

ryaan
22-11-2011, 11:37 PM
^ what do you mean by 2.5 cyl? or u meant 2.5 lt?

cos I aint gonna drive a CRV with 2.5 cylinder lol

yeah i meant 2.5l 4cyl :)
i think the US has two options. 2.4 and 2.5 for the higher spec

ViHatcher
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Omg...officially out....Modulo kit looks good!

http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-V/

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/cr-v/

Wondering when this will be released here..........

Atjo
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Threads merged.

Fredoops
05-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Omg...officially out....Modulo kit looks good!

http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-V/

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/cr-v/

Wondering when this will be released here..........

Tht looks pure Kia sorento lol

UNLS1
06-12-2011, 11:10 AM
the more i see it the more i love it. its a done deal im getting one for the wife. :D

ryaan
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
the more i see it the more i love it. its a done deal im getting one for the wife. :D

sooo like whens it coming out honda guy? when next year? ;) any info?

UNLS1
14-12-2011, 09:40 AM
sooo like whens it coming out honda guy? when next year? ;) any info?

i know as much as u do! Honda aus are very slow when it comes to info to dealers! i would say it would be close to the Jap spec and the pricing should be close to what it is now!

ThiefInDaNite
21-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Hmm the back looks odd, still like my 2011 model :-)

SPQR
26-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Supposedly lands in OZ in second half of 2012; well after the rest of the civilised world. The Honda Thailand website still shows the current shape as the "new CRV" (not the new model).

Fredoops
26-01-2012, 10:28 PM
The more I look at it the worse it looks to me.

SPQR
26-01-2012, 10:42 PM
It looks better in Youtube videos where it is moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iF-2I2t1X8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FG7nZYevsM&feature=related

Fredoops
26-01-2012, 10:57 PM
It looks better in Youtube videos where it is moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iF-2I2t1X8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FG7nZYevsM&feature=related

Front end is pretty good, but beyond D pillar still looks wrong IMO.
And what's with the 5speed? Why not use the new 6speed auto?

ViHatcher
26-02-2012, 08:10 AM
looks like NZ stopped selling current CRV in transition to the new 2012. Wonder the same coming soon here and when most likely honda will do some deals on current accessories on discounted price...

ryaan
27-05-2012, 12:55 AM
really hoping they give this trim to australia.. at least the luxury one.. looks very sweet

this is the uae version
http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/honda-cr-v-1.1022226!image/1991598519.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/1991598519.jpg

SPQR
29-05-2012, 09:54 PM
^^Yes. The super-tough plastic tray under the front will protect the car against urban shrubbery.

UNLS1
30-05-2012, 10:41 AM
due here nov this year

SPQR
20-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I saw the new 2013 CRV at the one and only Honda Dealer in Darwin last Sunday. It was a top spec Luxury model in White. It looks good in the 'metal/plastic/fabric/leather' from up-close. The grille looks a bit too deep and droopy-heavy from a distance but fine from up-close because it's not a flat slope; it's a bit round and bulging outward in the middle. The car visually seems smaller than the previous model, probably because its slightly lower to the ground. I haven't decided yet if I like the BMW shark-fin antenna...But I suppose that's what you get with navigation standard.

Does anyone know when we'll be getting the diesel version next year? It is coming to Austalia.

UNLS1
22-11-2012, 09:55 AM
diesel should be mid 13
been driving the lux for the last week and i love it. in fact ive just placed an order for one for the mrs!

SPQR
23-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks UNLS1. My Mrs has a Luxury CRV of the previous version (just superseded) which I also like to drive sometimes. Will OZ also get a 7 seat option?

In the UK, the new model diesel is still the 2.2 litre that renders 110kW of power @ 4,000 rpm and 350Nm of torque at 2,000 rpm but it comes with an auto now, which OZ will be getting.

UNLS1
23-11-2012, 04:52 PM
there will never be a 7 seat option. not while we have odyssey.
looking forward to the diesel too!

SPQR
23-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't much like the Odyssey: For a supposed people mover, it's too low and in reality it's no more than a station wagon. The version of the Odyssey in the USA is a real people mover. I think they'd sell more 7 seater CRVs than the Odyssey.

I really wonder what it would be like to drive a Honda diesel. I've driven an Audi Q5 Auto with the turbo 3.0L diesel and it was fantastic. Lots of grunt and response. I've been in the new model turbo 2.0L diesel BMW 3 Series Auto and again it was fantastic & etc...

Are Japanese diesels as good as the European ones in terms of the way they drive? Why do they make them of such small capacity? Why won't they do a 3.0 turbo diesel like the Audi which is truly impressive?

Too many questions...Has anyone driven a horrendously expensive, not so impressive inside, Mazda CX5 diesel? What are they like? Why do they cost so much? Oops! more questions. Sorry.

UNLS1
24-11-2012, 08:02 AM
i dont think there is a need for a 3.0 diesel. that motor powers big cars like Q7 ect.
from what i have read the honda diesels are rather good and ive been next to a euro diesel and i could hardly hear it!
I guess we have to just wait for the cars to get here so we can drive them. The civic 1.6 turbo diesel comes out in 2nd qtr of the next year but only in manual.

A few months ago i drove the CX5 petrol twice on a drive day. wanted to see what all the fuss was about. ive also been driving the CRV 2.0 and i believe the CRV feels a bit better. same motors but the crv seemed to pull a bit harder. Also the room is far better in the CRV then CX5. I really dont know why everyone is mad crazy about the CX5. its a good car and its up there but its not ahead of the CRV compared to petrol engines in fact i like the drive and room of the crv more.

SPQR
25-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I suppose there is dearth of quality Japanese diesel cars. People get desperate and buy Mazdas... I found the CX5 underwhelming inside. The CRV is classy by comparison in this price range. But I still wish for a thumping great diesel like the 3.0L turbo found in the Audi range. I agree that they'd only sell one in the whole of OZ though (to me).

Fredoops
25-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Honda diesels are known to be very un-diesel like.

It's quiet and suprisingly revvy if the old 2.2 DTEC is any guide.

The only gripe (about the crv) is the fact that drivetrain is not all that different from the last gen, the torque rating of the diesel is just going to munch that auto tranny (ala MDX)

UNLS1
26-11-2012, 07:24 AM
yeah much like V6 accords. I hope they get it right

SPQR
26-11-2012, 10:17 PM
...The only gripe (about the crv) is the fact that drivetrain is not all that different from the last gen, the torque rating of the diesel is just going to munch that auto tranny (ala MDX)

I've noticed that you don't appear to like Honda automatic transmissions. Have you had a bad experience? This is a genuine question as I have a CL9 Euro that has just clocked over 140,000km and so far, I've only experienced a lack of the original smoothness, that was fixed today after I had the transmission flushed and filled with new fluid.

SPQR
26-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I got into the new CRV today... Niiiiice. The driving position seems better to me than the just superseded model (that my wife drives). I wasn't paying attention enough to notice whether the Luxury has memory function on the driver's seat.

Two problems that I have with my wife's car is that she's a lot smaller than me and so the seat is all the way forward. I'm big so I need the seat all the way back (even that's not enough) but when (1) I'm in the middle of a tropical deluge (with bucket size rains drops), it's a very wet experience waiting for the slow motorised seat to go all the way back and (2) watching the power window switches get soaked (doors are a stupid place for switches)...These problems would be fixed by seat memory. Does the new Luxury have memory function on the drivers seat?

My CL9 Standard doesn't have the problem because it has semi-automatic lever-action seats...(boom-boom)

Fredoops
26-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I've noticed that you don't appear to like Honda automatic transmissions. Have you had a bad experience? This is a genuine question as I have a CL9 Euro that has just clocked over 140,000km and so far, I've only experienced a lack of the original smoothness, that was fixed today after I had the transmission flushed and filled with new fluid.

Mine's got torque converter whine at low RPM and minor slippage before the fluid flush, after the flush, whine's still there, looks like its going to stay.

Also my uncle V6 MDX is on it's 2nd tranny @ 160k km, and it's probably gonna go again soon, they dont come cheap...

And then theres the "There is no transmission filter" & "No ATF change needed till 100k km" when I call up the dealer, had I known earlier about more frequent fluid change is needed i probably would not have to live with the whine.

And what pisses me the most, is that Honda auto tranny issues had been around since the mid to late 90's, and it seems to me that bugger all had been done to change the design till now where they are are just going to drop the auto altogether in favor of CVT (ala new Accord), that's like, 15+ years, you'd think they gonna look at it after 1 product cycle (5-6 years), nope, they hang around for 3 cycles...

UNLS1
27-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I got into the new CRV today... Niiiiice. The driving position seems better to me than the just superseded model (that my wife drives). I wasn't paying attention enough to notice whether the Luxury has memory function on the driver's seat.

Two problems that I have with my wife's car is that she's a lot smaller than me and so the seat is all the way forward. I'm big so I need the seat all the way back (even that's not enough) but when (1) I'm in the middle of a tropical deluge (with bucket size rains drops), it's a very wet experience waiting for the slow motorised seat to go all the way back and (2) watching the power window switches get soaked (doors are a stupid place for switches)...These problems would be fixed by seat memory. Does the new Luxury have memory function on the drivers seat?

My CL9 Standard doesn't have the problem because it has semi-automatic lever-action seats...(boom-boom)

haha the first thing i wanted was memory seats as im 6'3" and my wife is rather short. im shattered it missed out on those but what can u do? i guess if it rains make the mrs drive lol

megabass
04-12-2012, 03:58 PM
My first post just HAD to be a question, apologies :)

So has anyone been able to get their mitts on one for an actual drive yet?

UNLS1
07-12-2012, 08:00 AM
My first post just HAD to be a question, apologies :)

So has anyone been able to get their mitts on one for an actual drive yet?

beem driving one the last 3 weeks! love it. so much i have purchased one!

the old model was good but i never really liked the looks of the front. The other thing i thought it needed was a bit more power, apart from that it was a good car.
All i wanted in the new model was more power, xenon headlights in the luxury and full bluetooth streaming.
Its got all that. Its heaps more quiet than the old one and is even more car like again. It feels a bit stiffer on the road and that also helps to make it feel like normal sedan handling.

not to mention it looks heaps better in the front and the back has grown on me too

megabass
07-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks UNLS.

I actually don't mind the way it looks, it's definitely better than the superseded model but still not exactly exciting. A friend downright hates it!

One thing I'm wondering is the fact that the Civic got an almost entire redesign (was after only 1 yr?) and the car improved so much..... would HATE to be the one buying the CRV only for it to be upgraded (and made even better) a year later!

UNLS1
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
that wont happen with the crv.

when did the entire re design after 1 year????

megabass
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Read it a few days ago. might have been on USATODAY. The journalist said that the new revised Civic could almost be an all new Civic, given how good it now is (or how bad it was, however you want to look at it)

megabass
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Found the article. My mistake, it was almost 2 years, not one:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2012/11/29/honda-civic-fast-update-depreciation/1735935/

UNLS1
08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
yeah thats the USA one. not asian

wh1tehat
15-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I wanted to say hi, and I hope to be amongst the first few to invigorate the new CR-V scene in Australia. It's sad that the once dominant SUV in Australia is no longer the SUV of natural choice.

It's so difficult to find useful information on doing aftermarket stuff to the CR-V, seems that most prefer the Gen 1 and Gen 2s. And Ozhonda forum is dominated by civic and accord discussions. I previously own an Accord so I understand why.

When I do receive the Mrs new CR-V in Feb, some pics will go up, with the modulo kit and other progressive mods.

Cheers all.

deeps
20-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm looking into getting one of these for the wife - as her Civic got written off by a P Plater trying to cross her path.

Anyway - I can't seem to find a thread on what sort of prices people have managed to negotiate for this - am I not looking hard enough, or does one genuinely not exist?

What prices have people managed to negotiate with what additions etc?

wh1tehat
21-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm looking into getting one of these for the wife - as her Civic got written off by a P Plater trying to cross her path.

Anyway - I can't seem to find a thread on what sort of prices people have managed to negotiate for this - am I not looking hard enough, or does one genuinely not exist?

What prices have people managed to negotiate with what additions etc?

Assuming you are based in Australia, you can go to whirlpool forums where abundance of price is discussed.

SPQR
16-09-2013, 01:06 AM
I got my wife a new CRV in late July with the advanced driver assistance system (the first one in the NT) which on the CRV, is the Lane Keeping Assist System, the (radar) Active Cruise Control and the Collision Mitigation Braking System.

The active cruise control can't be set to act like an ordinary cruise control and this is a fatal flaw. We've had many situations where a car in front slows rapidly to go into a turning lane and our CRV also slows rapidly, much to the surprise of drivers behind. This also happens with a car in the adjacent lane going around a bend in the road that slows to turn off. I reckon that this system will cause accidents.

It still doesn't come with memory seats and so I'll be getting wet in storms when I have to drive the car and have to wait for the slow electric seats to move all the way back (I'm big, she's small).

Apart from that there is a noticeable improvement in fuel economy over the old model as well as noticeably more power (140kW v's 125kW). The car is softer and feels more like a larger 4WD in the way it rolls about. It gives it a much nicer ride compared to the previous model, which is now my car. It's also quieter inside.

The interior feels more claustrophobic and the view out the rear isn't as good as the old model but we're getting used to it.

As for "my" car, a 2007 CRV Luxury that I inherited, I'm having a fancy double-DIN app radio fitted that has facility for reversing camera. It supposedly also allows me to plug in my phone and use navigation. I'm also having a thicker rear anti-sway bar custom made for the car: Just like I had the very first rsb for the CL9 Euro custom made by Whiteline many years ago. They don't do that anymore but they suggested another company that does such things. I also did this for my previous car, a 7th gen Civic VTi 5-door hatch.

The two things that I would have liked Honda to have done with the new CRV are memory on the driver's seat and to be able to switch the active cruise control to work like a normal cruise control when appropriate. Surely for the latter it's just a 'firmware upgrade'.

White Orchid
16-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I got my wife a new CRV in late July with the advanced driver assistance system (the first one in the NT) which on the CRV, is the Lane Keeping Assist System, the (radar) Active Cruise Control and the Collision Mitigation Braking System.

The active cruise control can't be set to act like an ordinary cruise control and this is a fatal flaw. We've had many situations where a car in front slows rapidly to go into a turning lane and our CRV also slows rapidly, much to the surprise of drivers behind. This also happens with a car in the adjacent lane going around a bend in the road that slows to turn off. I reckon that this system will cause accidents.

My mate bought the 4WD VTi-L + ADAS so I guess he will get the same shock - horror - surprise if I don't see him first to tell him to aware of the above.

Thanks for the feedback SPQR even though it's not related to my own VT-i., it is handy information for other owners.

llenzz
28-10-2013, 06:56 AM
I am thinking to buy a 2WD VT-i Auto perhaps in December if it makes any difference in price. I definitely want floor matt, tint, and tonneau cover. Has anybody bought this car recently, and if you dont mind, how much did you pay for iand what accessories did you get? I am in Victoria and have no experience in buying car. Without your help, i would be an easy target for those salesmen.