PDA

View Full Version : DC5 R VTEC problem ?

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 12:46 PM
hey guys
just wondering in a dc5 type r
are u only able to hear the vtec cross over in 1st and 2nd gear only?
or should you be able to hear the vtec crossover in every gear
cause when i flat foot my dc5 in 3rd or 4th and it reaches 5000 rpm i cant hear the crossover
is this normal ?
cheers

dc2r-0636
17-11-2011, 12:52 PM
VTEC engages at 6000 rpm, it should work in every gear, u should feel a pull afta 6000

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Does it just pull in every gear or can u hear the cross over plus the pull in every gear cause in my car i feel the vtec pulling as well as the crossover in 1st and 2nd but then in the rest of the gears i dont hear the cross over, ive tested it by flooring it in each gear from 4500 rpm and take it close to or to redline

dc2r-0636
17-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Feel and hear the pull in every gear.

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Hmmm thats wierd cause i only hear it in 1st and 2nd
could there be a reason for the lack of vtec crossover noise ? (sound so noob LOLS)
could it be the way my K-Pro is tuned ?

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:32 PM
ummm ???

Bludger
17-11-2011, 01:46 PM
yeah, amazing isn't it.......

I never knew myself till someone pointed out the obvious to me.......

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:52 PM
ahh wells at least i learnt something that doesnt help with resolving my problem =D

Bludger
17-11-2011, 01:53 PM
and what is your problem?

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:56 PM
that i can only hear vtec cross over in 1st and 2nd ?

Bludger
17-11-2011, 01:57 PM
have you seen the doctor?

ok, srs.

there is no such sensor on the car to tell the ECU what gear you are in.

doesn't matter 1,2,3,4,5,6

All the same to the ecu.

so the only conclusion is go see your doctor to check your ears.

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 01:58 PM
whos the doctor

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Im getting the car serviced tomorow at hannys prolly tell them to have a check for me and see if anything is up
if there is something wrong and hannys cannot fix it then ill take it to toda to have a look
but may i ask whats the use of putting sand in the engine ?? wouldnt that damage the internals ?

dc2r-0636
17-11-2011, 02:12 PM
He is joking, DONT put sand in there..

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 02:16 PM
oic... i guess this is what i get for being a noob ><

Vvvtec
17-11-2011, 02:17 PM
You said you have KPro? Meaning your car is tuned?

To be honest, the less you hear the crossover the better.

dc2r-0636
17-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Dw bout it, that's why ur here to learn about ur car.

SuperJDM.
17-11-2011, 02:19 PM
vtec in 6TH gear pulls the hardest.

true story

u mad?
17-11-2011, 02:19 PM

this.

you wan't it to be smooth, not like an on off switch.

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 02:26 PM

i bought the car with kpro already done
too bad it was tuned with only a catback
but yeah when Octa from hannys test drove the car he said it must be tuned as midrange was way too good for a stock engine with a catback

why is it better ? cause i hear it in first and second then nothing for the rest thats what bothers me
see if i heard it in all the gears or non of the gears then it wouldnt bother me as much ( and i feel the pull that is )

lilthug
17-11-2011, 02:36 PM
more mid range = less vtec kick

meaning ur powers coming on smoother thru the rev range

take out kpro

if u want ur beloved vtec crossover back

Shakeel
17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
if you have a k-pro installed and the car tuned.. the vtec crossover everyone gets excited about is taken away.. the crossover becomes more smooth and gradual rather than a sudden bang

Edit: I'll glady buy the k-pro off you if you dont want it haha :P

p33r
17-11-2011, 06:50 PM
but may i ask whats the use of putting sand in the engine ?? wouldnt that damage the internals ?

Loooool

Prince_James
17-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Ahh i see thanks guys for the useful comments i tested it again on my way home and seems right the vtec crossover in 3rd and onwards are faint but do exist and the cars vtec kick is smoother with the better mid range
so im happy now haha
And shakeel im not too eager to part out my k pro but might sell for the right price pm me a offer and ill have a think bout it if u want ;P

Bludger
18-11-2011, 03:52 AM
probably a fake kpro

lol

Prince_James
18-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Yeah fake k pro right ... ur replies are ****ing fake so shut ur mouth

Bludger
18-11-2011, 05:35 AM
see here.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?157482-WARNING!-Before-buying-a-Hondata-KPRO-read-this-thread-first!

have a nice day.

good luck.

your ears are fine now??

Nuci
18-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Bludger surely you've got something better to do than waste people's time? Haven't you got a job or something? Or is this it?

OT: The variable cam timing in vtec engines mean that majority of the peak power is at the top end of the power band. That's why when you see a dyno readout of an untuned Honda there is a flat spot followed by a big spike once vtec "kicks in". This may sound and feel great, but it means alot of the power is inaccessible unless you're in the right gear at the right time. Tuning helps to smooth out the powerband and help to get rid of the big spike when vtec kicks in, giving you more useable power. So you won't feel as sharp a "kick" once vtec engages, because the sharp transition to vtec has been smoothed out. Hope that explains it.

Bludger
18-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Bludger surely you've got something better to do than waste people's time? Haven't you got a job or something? Or is this it?

unfortunately I have no job.
I have a lot of spare time as of late.
So yeah, This is it, for now....

lilthug
18-11-2011, 07:26 AM
ffs already explained in post 22

ur just using more fancy words

Nuci
18-11-2011, 07:37 AM
ffs already explained in post 22

ur just using more fancy words

No I'm not I'm explaining it more thoroughly.

Bludger
18-11-2011, 07:39 AM
No I'm not I'm explaining it more thoroughly.
Depends who is reading, for a person asking why put sand in my engine, I think lilthug's explanation is easier to understand.

Nuci
18-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Just trying to help mate, unlike yourself.

ChrisSX
18-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Just trying to help mate, unlike yourself.

Untrue!
Bludger has helped plenty.
He brought my attention to the fake Kpro thread, he HELPED us understand that we are in fact on the 3rd density, he helped me laugh, and he encouraged us all to believe in ourselves and the power of friendship.
After all that, he even found the time to help OP fix his hearing problem.
All in just ONE thread!
I think that's absolutely phenomenal.

Nuci
18-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Bloody hell. I knew that ozhonda was the home of the peanut but didn't think it was this bad.

Prince_James
18-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Well i asked hannys today they said the vtec kick in the rest of the gears are less audible due to speeds and tyre noise as well as my exhaust ... and my k pro is genuine i have reciepts and all
and as for bludger wished u could just help instead of annoying people
however i will thank you for the k pro thread that did help but the other rubbish u posted is unnecesary
and everyone else who has genuinely helped me and as for chrissx i dont have a hearing problem if u had my mods my car and u drove it and u tell me u can hear vtec clearly then good for u this is my car so i think id know it best

Prince_James
18-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Just one last point i wish to make i admit im a noob compared to most others when it comes to cars this dc5 is my first car if u were born knowing everything about cars good for you but im sure the rest of you guys started like me asking questions which other people find stupid so think about it when u started off did u appreciate people giving you false info or cracking it at you just cause ur new
if u think about it and still find that newbies (which u guys all once were) should get ripped on just cause they want to learn about their cars abit more then u dont belong in a car stick to walking

Bludger
19-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Just one last point i wish to make i admit im a noob compared to most others when it comes to cars this dc5 is my first car if u were born knowing everything about cars good for you but im sure the rest of you guys started like me asking questions which other people find stupid so think about it when u started off did u appreciate people giving you false info or cracking it at you just cause ur new
if u think about it and still find that newbies (which u guys all once were) should get ripped on just cause they want to learn about their cars abit more then u dont belong in a car stick to walking
Well, people were trying to answer your question properly.

you got the correct answer after your question in the second post......

yeah, was n00b at one stage, but never did i ask i can't hear my vtec.

FYI, I try and help as best i can around here, but when the person has their head stuck in the sand, I don't bother.

Prince_James
19-11-2011, 07:51 AM
I understand u help alot and i can tell otherwise u wouldnt have such good rep, i appreciate the fact that ur trying to help me realise something the only reason i kept asking was because i didnt feel like it answered my problem until later that arvo i took it out on a quiet street and tested again and realised it was just less audible not non existant but anyways thanks everyone for their help ive learnt from this thread sorry for the fuss

Nuci
19-11-2011, 07:58 AM
^^^

I'm with you mate. If people think that the OP has "their head stuck in the sand" they should just not bother posting instead of making smart arse comments. Doesn't help anyone and all it does is spam the hell out of every single thread so you have to read through pages of bullshit just to get an answer. Dont have to have +million rep to work that out.

/rant.

Bludger
19-11-2011, 08:03 AM
^^^

I'm with you mate. If people think that the OP has "their head stuck in the sand" they should just not bother posting instead of making smart arse comments. Doesn't help anyone and all it does is spam the hell out of every single thread so you have to read through pages of bullshit just to get an answer. Dont have to have +million rep to work that out.

/rant.
It helps in the form of humor.

at no one's expense because the question was already answered.

lol

I want to become 4d lizzie.

Lizards (aka Drachomonoids, Reptoids, Reptilians, Lizzies)
4D STS
Orion STS slaves; ~8ft tall
Earth involvement: indirect, direct less common (but see Men In Black)

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,25172.msg294421.html#msg294421

Nuci
19-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Be "funny" in the off topic section.

Bludger
19-11-2011, 08:15 AM
here, we are very off topic, do you have as much spare time as me?