PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Jet ???

tegstar83
20-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey guys, and girls!
I was just looking around and came across this site ....http://www.invoauto.co.uk/home.htm ( if the link doesnt take u to it just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on turbo jet)
now what it claims is that its a fan that keeps the manifold pressure up when changing gears so that theres no lag in building up revs on N/A cars is this bullshiet or what?? Heres a vid of it http://www.invoauto.co.uk/movies/turbo_jet.MPG
Theres other shiet like some crap that sprays a shot of water into ur cylinder as it goes to burn the fuel and makes so called claims of "increased BHP from ur engine" I though fire and water didint mix! have a look at the site and let me know what u think of it, I wanna know if this stuff is real or just a scam. :thumbsup: :thumbdwn: :confused:

Boost
20-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Well i think it might work.. a MAP (manifold absolute Pressure) sensors measures the pressure inside the manifold.. if pressure / air is already pressent then there will be less delay. it should be similar to a turbocharger then... except instead of forcing air into the intake and getting burnt this builds up pressure inside the manifold while shifting gears so as to have air inside ready to go / be used..

Fire & water dont mix... but spray fine paticles/mist of water is suppose to improve... but i dont know if this is true or not. By spraying water (H2O) into the cyllinders it provides more oxygen (O) from the H2O thus producing more BHP. And i think it should keep the engine temp down as well. But if you dont get the water mist/particle size right then you will run the risk of hydrolocking / preventing combustion and well the story goes on from there. So are those link worth looking at? Thats my thought.. What do others think?

Nitrate
22-02-2005, 12:52 AM
i didnt read the actually sites
but im guessing the holding backpressure is like what they have in WRC cars?
holds in the exhaust gases so u dont lose pressure so insta BOOSTA
problem is it wears through components a lot quicker...

oh and its prolly illegal haha

Jomsy
22-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I have to say if it was that good it would be fitted as OEM
i think its all hype :)

toE
22-02-2005, 10:18 PM
*moved*

tegstar83
28-02-2005, 02:30 AM
I dont believe this to be a forced indction question as it's not forcing any air in.
But I would really like to see one in action and see hoew it actually works and if there is some gains.
Not sure a bout the mist sprayer though....

TODA AU
28-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Trinkets & toys like these, don't work any more than surmising your farts give you thrust, hense improving your acceleration when you drop your guts...

integrity
09-04-2005, 04:43 PM
ive heard bout that thing
its just like another invention called the turbonator
www.turbonator.com
i think thats the site heeheheh
it sayz ull get 30 hp but then later it say no guarantee on horsepower so all it probably does is make ur off the mark 0.0000000001 % better

panda[cRx]
09-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Trinkets & toys like these, don't work any more than surmising your farts give you thrust, hense improving your acceleration when you drop your guts...

heinz baked beans farts adds 10kw at the seat of my pants:D

ProECU
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM

are you claiming water injection doesnt work, or were your comments directed to the turbo jet specifically?

tegstar83
09-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Who the fark knows only way to know is to test out the products and c the diff

CTR Coupe
09-04-2005, 09:25 PM
the turbo jet is bullshit plain and simple.

Snoop_gee
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
']heinz baked beans farts adds 10kw at the seat of my pants:D

hahah :D LOL