PDA

View Full Version : Auto Euro Owners Unite and give opinion

Faiz
20-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Hello, no need to flame by just reading my name in the topic :rolleyes: I would like to ask what you auto euro owners think about ya car? A-Z about its performance engine etc. Just state what you think experiences etc I would just like to hear what you guys ahve to say about your auto euros.

AND NO FLAMING PEE PEE HEADS! :)

EuroAccord13
20-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Mine's not auto but I've driven one and I must say it smooooth as silk... gear changes aren't jerky... only problem I have is I feel that the manual tip tronic shift is lagging that's all :)

blueeuro
21-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I am very happy with my auto. I have about a 45 min drive to work each day, each direction, and lot of it is stop start, so a manual was not an option.

I drove the manual Mazda 6 and was very impressed, but as I required an auto I went back and test drove the auto. It was disappointingly sluggish, I do not find this with the Euro. The Mazda 6 drive like a 4 cyl auto, the Euro is much more responsive, I am so pleased I bought the Euro.

I have never driven a manual Euro but wouldn't mind trying just to feel and compare the difference. Any manual owners in Adelaide who want to drive an auto maybe we should meet up ?

Can't quote performance numbers, can just say I'm a happy auto Euro owner.

Paul

jtboo
21-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Faiz,

I have been reading a lot of your post. You should be happy with your auto. Disregard anyone who say that the Euro auto is crap. Firstly, it is the best auto available in the price range. Must admit, I first thought that the trip-tronic was a bit sluggish, but after much practice, got the timing right and its much faster rersponse than leaving it in auto mode.:D I find the auto mode is very fuel efficient and sensitive to the driving conditions.

Overall a very good car, just could have hoped for a better sound system:p

baboo
21-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Auto ain't slow, I've test drive one before.
0-100km/hr should be around 9 sec, not slow for an auto car.

Faiz
21-02-2005, 10:53 AM
ok thanks for all your opinions. I have tried the trip tronic also is is a bit sluggish but smooths out at the end.

I just wanted to hear what you ahd to say :)

sodaz
21-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I drive an auto Euro (daily) and i think it's one of the best non-turbo 4 cylinder cars out there. The transmission is smooth and the power delivery is great. I love it.

euro77
21-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I happen to test drive the lux auto version of euro, and I love it. The gear change is very smooth. I also tested the tiptronic and find it pretty excellent too. It holds the gear no matter what the rpm is. And I find it pretty smooth as well changing gear using tiptronic.

yfin
21-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Not an auto owner but I test drove the auto. Really smooth and silky - honda make great automatics. Only :thumbdwn: side is auto owners only experience vtec once in that dash to 100k/ph. I could not live without vtec in 2nd gear from around 80k/ph.

Faiz
21-02-2005, 06:50 PM
fair enough opinions. Thanks for all the help. btw autos vtecs in 1st gear ina autos up until the 80 mark i think. It smooths out even if u have the peddle down when you go in 2nd gear. Just observation

sodaz
22-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah man be happy with your Euro. It's a nice car.

Reagan
23-02-2005, 11:21 PM
you have a very nice car, dont overlook it

REV888
25-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Should of joined into this topic when it started!

I got an Auto I really wanted an manual but went to an auto as that's all they had on the day and got a deal at manual car price. :D

The auto in a Honda is so smooth! and precise! for all the auto cars that I have driven so far its by far the best!

Even triptronic is great but can be a tad bit slow to get into gear.

In the end pleased I got an Auto its just fantastic ;)

spiller
26-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Well my mum drives an Auto Euro and i'ce driven it plenty.......

I recently had the pleasure of a long drive through winding corners/bends etc. I have to say the tip tronic was exceptional for controlling the car around these bends. In fact, I dont rate it as sluggish at all. I've been in a 350Z which had a much more sluggish box! Oviously if you want straight line speed leave it in auto mode becuase it changes quicker. Overall though, very nice, smooth, comfortable car to drive

Euro2005
28-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Faiz,
Overall a very good car, just could have hoped for a better sound system:p

What is wrong with the sound system ?

Slugoid
28-02-2005, 09:51 PM
What is wrong with the sound system ?

Lets just say that the Mazda 6's Bose system is much better than the Euro one, not to mention that the Euro really has 4 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 front splits and 2 rear parcel shelf 6X9's), not 6 as mentioned. Rear passenger seats has no speakers even though there is a pod mush in place.

Put that aside, the Euro has a very bland sound system. Treble is undefined and bass is very weak and washed out.

Back on topic. I've stayed out of this post simple because Faiz is complete idiot. If you have so many doubts, sell the Euro, it's not hard. I can think think of a dozen cars that's better than the Euro, but maybe not for the same price range. For the record, I have an auto (not by choice) but I still love it. It's has a really smooth transmission and there wasn't a time where I felt the car really sluggish. This afternoon, I had a full boot, 3 passengers, air-con on and I was still able to overtake cars climbing uphill.

Considering it's a 5-speed auto (not 4 like a lot of auto boxes out there), it's ratio is a bit shorter so quicker reaching orgasm....i mean VTEC :D. 1st gear redline is around 60km/h and 2nd gear around 100-110. 3rd, if I still remember, is around 130-140km/h. Definately has a few useable gears. Just remember 2nd gear is your friend.....it's the gear that determins if you can outrun a car if you get the chance to run someone.

Faiz
02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Idiot?

your not a very nice person.

DaPlaya
03-03-2005, 02:03 AM
take it easy on the bloke, everyone has doubts about their car at times. It takes a while before u realise if u are or are not totally satisfied with ur car!!!!! #$%&