PDA

View Full Version : changing bulb in the 3rd rear brake light

shifty_kent
20-02-2005, 09:17 PM
this is in regards to 1994 integra vtir.
does anyone here know how to get to the 3rd rear brake light thats mounted onto the rear window? my bulb died ages ago but i can't seem to get the cover off. the plastic screws just won't budge. thanks...

Q_ball
20-02-2005, 10:42 PM
hahaha mine doesnt work either....ive tried but to no avail!! its a real shitter aint it...

tegstar83
21-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Ha Ha mine still works I hope the bastard dosnt stop working.
Best thing to do is call a honda service departement and just ask one of the guys there they should be able to help. Ive always done so and most of the time i get useful advice.

LO_N_SXC
21-02-2005, 12:44 PM
On the inside of the car there should be a cover or a screw that you can take off that cover and then you should be able to see the light bulbs, replace with new ones or go to a spare parts shop and ask for the same type of light bulb, put the cover back on or if it has a screw to hold the cover just tighten it back up and Viola!! you have a working 3rd brake light!

if you can't get the cover to come off try to pull the plastic screw wile you turn it and it should slowly come out, if it still dont wanna come off just pull it off and if it breaks you could always buy another one! Thats what the wreckers are there for!

shifty_kent
21-02-2005, 01:50 PM
man i've tried pulling it and turning it.... still no good... hence it still out after about 6 months haha

LO_N_SXC
21-02-2005, 01:53 PM
In that case! huumm??? stuff it! just let it be! mine is like that on my LS it has been like that for yrs, I had a look but it seems that it has the plugs gone missing for the light bulbs to go onto, I have been to the wreckers to ask for some parts but I always forget to ask for the bloody light housing! lolz