PDA

View Full Version : QLD Mulfuntion of 3rd Brake Light (Center Mount LED Light) can pass Roadworthy?

jbjb
24-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi all,

Just bought a car with 3rd brake light failure that i wasnt noticed before the deal done. It's private purchase with RWC on it.

The question is why RWC inspection can still pass it? Is it legit? If not, how can i do? Sent a complaint to QLD Transport? Or return to the workshop who issued the RWC and claim to get the 3rd brake light fixed?

Any comment will be appreciated~

aznstyler
25-11-2011, 02:48 AM
tbh a brake light will cost you under $5 not really worth the whole complaint situation, unless it's something major, and plus a bulb could blow any time

h3nno
25-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Not worth the hassle bro, I bought my s2k with a RWC it had to bald back tires and the no front park lights. I took the car to the guy who did the road worth and he said he'd still pass the tires and that the park lights could blow just driving out of the drive way. I lodged a complaint with QLD transport - they didn't really care.

I later found out the guy who did the RWC does dodgey ones and he was booked for it about 3 months later, but he paid the fine and he can do them again.