PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

nitwit205
25-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:.

Im looking to get some info on Rear Camber arms for a 04 Accord Euro. I was thinking off getting a pair of Hard-Race cause there decently priced and look like their built pretty solid and they say they can go +/- 3 Degrees of camber which by the sound of them should easily counteract the natural camber Euro's get from getting lowered.

I was wondering what peoples experiences are with Hard-race or any other Camber arms for roughly the same price.

Also I called one of the sellers and they said that I'll need to get the Camber/Toe kit, but i thought that Euro's had adjustable Toe at the rear?

Cheers,

Adam

marquee
25-11-2011, 10:22 PM
There is room to move for the toe but not much im getting hardrace will let you know next week how good i can get the toe

aozora
02-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure how good the Hardrace camber arms are. It's not so much the construction of the arm that you have to be careful of but the adjustable ball joint. So if/when you do get the Hard-race gear just keep an eye on the ball joint part with the bolts. In a worst case scenario, the bolts holding the plate/ball joint in place - loosen, then could eventually shake the bolts off, disconnecting the ball joint from the hub with vibrations leaving your wheel rattling about uncontrollably... Unfortunately Ikeya Formula don't make any camber arms for a Honda Accord as their design is awesome :)
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/page__module__images__section__img_ctrl__img__6247 32__file__med

For that sort of price, it would be very difficult finding anything better... as their parts are already fairly cheap already...

Regarding the Camber/Toe, they both work hand in hand. So if you correct the camber, you may need to correct the toe a little as well. But the camber changes through suspension travel are more drastic than toe changes, so chances are you may not need them.
But, it really depends on how low you are and how much toe you're currently running? Either way, I'd just get the camber arms, see how much camber the alignment shop can get back and if you need toe arms as well. Marquee's findings could be helpful in this regard.