View Full Version : NSW Insurance question

26-11-2011, 01:51 AM
hey guys

today my car got hit while its parked and my frd was in the car and witnessed the whole collusion happened, and the person decided to do a hit n run.

after that went to police station, gave them the number plate, found the person details and stuff

but the thing is my insurance just finished and havent got time to pay it yet

if the person reverse into my car then its their fault

do i have to go through my insurance company ? cause i only have the driver's details ( name, address, number plate, license number, DOB. etc )

and all these were came from the cops

26-11-2011, 02:07 AM
the cops actually gave you the info??

not 100% clear there but was your insurance still valid when the accident happened?

26-11-2011, 02:09 AM
its not valid atm...

the cop called me few hrs after i left the cop station

son of eevil
26-11-2011, 03:34 AM
If they reversed into it doesn't matter if you have insurance.

They will cover it, whether it be them or their insurance.

26-11-2011, 01:20 PM
write a letter of demand if your insurance has expired

26-11-2011, 01:43 PM
once again

was it valid when the accident happened???

cause im sure they should be able to chase it up for you if thats the case, even if its not valid now?

26-11-2011, 04:29 PM
son of evil : i only have their detailsm n i dunno wat insurance company they r with, so i am not sure who should i give their information to.

na-118 : write a letter of demand to who ?

lilthug : it happened yesterday and its not valid, aami said that if i want to go through the claim from them it have to be valid on the 15/11/2011 but mine expired already

son of eevil
26-11-2011, 06:12 PM
You get 3 quotes for the repair then you send a letter of demand requesting that they pay you the lowest of the quotes to the people that hit you.

They then pay it to the repairer.

26-11-2011, 06:56 PM
son of evill : so i send a letter of demand to the person dat hit my car ?

son of eevil
26-11-2011, 11:03 PM
That's right

27-11-2011, 10:13 PM
from solicitor ? but i dunno where to find 1 :S sorry...

29-11-2011, 08:59 PM
If you are able to contact the person that hit you, you can actually make a claim through their insurance. Providing you have a letter stating what the witness saw. You k.ow you can by the month with certain companies.