PDA

View Full Version : gearbox problem?

mugen_ctr
28-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Just installed a gearbox into my car, as the old one shat itself..... one problem i came across was when installing the linkages the shifter itself isnt centered, but sits on the left only :S

I installed the linkages twice, one the correct way an the incorrect way, and both still result in the same ordeal.....

is it the gearbox or other?

Atm there isnt any gb oil in it

kyzz
28-11-2011, 12:20 PM
does it still slide through gears okay?

might just be the type of gb you got, even though i doubt it. not too sure on this type of stuff but if you installed it yourself then taking it into a mechanic (if it can drive) or getting a mate to come check it out won't be too bad.

mugen_ctr
28-11-2011, 12:25 PM
everything works an all, but its just that, which makes driving bad...

As far as i can work it out, it might be the linkages used, as i went from a d16y8 gear box to a d16y1 gearbox, which might explain it.... though im not to sure if the eg linkages differ to that of the ek linkages

kyzz
28-11-2011, 12:43 PM
from what i know gearbox positioning and console positioning should be pretty similar between the two, although considering the different models there might be some slight changes.. if it's not broke don't fix it i say but i udnerstand how you want it to sit properly, might need to change linkages if worst comes to worst.

mugen_ctr
28-11-2011, 01:02 PM
yeah true, i just want a centered shifter like my old one :(

IV73CI
28-11-2011, 01:07 PM
if its loose,

you may want to check out #1 & 21.

also if your shift rod PIN has been bashed and abused from trying to put it in, this will cause your shifter rod loose or resting on one side.

mugen_ctr
28-11-2011, 01:19 PM
if its loose,

you may want to check out #1 & 21.

also if your shift rod PIN has been bashed and abused from trying to put it in, this will cause your shifter rod loose or resting on one side.

cheers man, what are those btw? seems simple enough to replace lol

TheSaint
28-11-2011, 02:12 PM
once its all in i would also throw in an Energy Suss/Hard Race shifter bushing kit to stiffen it all up =)

IV73CI
28-11-2011, 02:49 PM
cheers man, what are those btw? seems simple enough to replace lol

#1 = is a SHIFT ROD
#21 = Oil seal. (dont worry bout this one too much)

it is simple to replace the Shift locking PIN or they may call it SPRING PIN.

#1 is a rod, if you look closely at the beginning of the rod it has a hole - this is where your shift linkage meets/connects via shift locking PIN.

if you removed /installed your own box, you will know this PIN im talking bout. :)

just make sure it is not abused (PIN).

also what may help is that put some gear box oil and start her up. - this will allow all the mechanical gears to settle in and lock its gears in place. - may help with your problem too as the gears / shift linkage are not yet settled it.

hmetro24
28-11-2011, 03:23 PM
If you having problem with gear shifting, it could be the pin is not sitting well or the or the clip that goes over the pin , the bushes is bad. You can take the clip out and see how it's shifting.
when engine is off how is the shifting?
if you have both shift linkage, does they look similar?

mugen_ctr
28-11-2011, 05:12 PM
currently runnung ES bushing kit

the pin was a pain the arse to take out an put in, so id say yeah its pretty battered LOL... but there is no play within the pin or hole as far as i can work out. Ive put the clip back over, as how its meant to be....

Ive put in oil and still same problem :S

Im gonna pickup a Eg shift linkages, hopefully it should cure it, as from what ive read ek and eg use slight different linkages

cheers guys :)

mugen_ctr
29-11-2011, 08:16 PM
ive tried eg linkages, same problem..... FML...

this is annoying >_<

Could it be the angle the gearbox was installed?

Im pretty sure ive installed da gb correct, ive driven it for 2 days, gears slide in fine, im outta ideas :(

if anyone knows anything let me know asap.....

TheSaint
30-11-2011, 10:34 AM
perhaps take it to a mechanic to check your work?

i got my mate (whos a mechanic with a hoist) to do mine and it felt like it was done in the factory =)

mine was EG > EG chassis tho