PDA

View Full Version : Is my coilover still good to use? It broke a little

TyD
29-11-2011, 01:32 AM
long story short, I broke the adjuster off my brand new Buddyclub N+ coilover when putting them in, wondering if it's all sweet to still use?

Here's a pic

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/TRCD/DSC_1416.jpg

ChrisBrown
29-11-2011, 01:34 AM
By the looks of it mate. still looks good for road use. but since the adjuster is broken, you cannot adjust but if there is a way, there is a will. Use a hammer and a chisel. worked for me.

TyD
29-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Thanks heaps mate. Just what I was wanting to hear.

ChrisBrown
29-11-2011, 01:39 AM
nothing else is damaged right? no bends in the shock or anything? and nice pictures in the background hahaha

EKVTIR-T
29-11-2011, 01:40 AM
You can send it to Buddyclub and have it fixed.

TyD
29-11-2011, 01:46 AM
nothing else is damaged right? no bends in the shock or anything? and nice pictures in the background hahaha

nah, other than that, they are fine. It was only that piece that I snapped..

Haha - I get bored sometimes lol.

You can send it to Buddyclub and have it fixed.

Really don't have the money at the moment (check my build thread to see lol) so as long as they are right to still run I am happy. I doubt my sock will see the track tbh lol. Even if lakeside is literally 5mins down the road.

TyD
29-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Also, how much should I tighten the bolt (one in picture) is it right where it is? I notice it moves up when it's compressed and the car is on the ground.

NuZo
29-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Also, how much should I tighten the bolt (one in picture) is it right where it is? I notice it moves up when it's compressed and the car is on the ground.

all the way down mate, you want the car to be sitting on the top of the suspension, not have it slipping up and down in that little gap.

nzjdm
30-11-2011, 05:46 AM
not 100% sure on buddy club. but most adjustable coilovers have the adjuster pushed in, so see if you can get the rest of it out with a magnet or such. (just an idea)

also if you cant you will need to know where its set so you can match the other side, it will drive really bad if one side is hard the other soft etc etc