PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey RB3 Trim Replacement

Homskie
29-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry wrong title - should be "RB2" as the RB3 doesn't have the wooden trim anymore.

Has anyone done this? The wooden trim looks really fake to me and I'm keen on replacing it. Any ideas?

evolution
29-11-2011, 02:30 PM
You mean RB1... RB2 is the 4WD version.

Vinyl wrap the panels? Spray it another colour?

What Colour is your wood grain?

androo
29-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Scuff + paint or vinyl wrap them (big fan of CF wrapped interior trims)

Philip Lee
29-11-2011, 02:36 PM
hi,

RB2 is the 4wd version of the last gen odyssey. it's a Japan only model.

so if your car is the current shape it'll still be the RB3.

since you have the wooden trim i guess u have MY09 or MY10. as you said, from MY11 onwards they have the silver trim.

i didn't like the fake wood at first too but i don't like the new silver trim too as it's a different colour/surface to the painted silver bits on near the gear shift.

i thought about getting those piece wrapped in CF vinyl but Honda plastic is pretty easily damaged so i couldn't be bothered and left them as is. and now i'm used to them and they dun look too bad in my all black interior (lux).

there are a few options for you:
- wrap them in vinyl of your choice or spray paint them
- get the new silver trims from dealers (and prepared to get raped);
- get some trim kits from Japan via import agents. they are not cheap but they are stick on over those fake wood trims so you wont break anything.

evolution
29-11-2011, 03:03 PM
hi,

RB2 is the 4wd version of the last gen odyssey. it's a Japan only model.

so if your car is the current shape it'll still be the RB3.

since you have the wooden trim i guess u have MY09 or MY10. as you said, from MY11 onwards they have the silver trim.

i didn't like the fake wood at first too but i don't like the new silver trim too as it's a different colour/surface to the painted silver bits on near the gear shift.

i thought about getting those piece wrapped in CF vinyl but Honda plastic is pretty easily damaged so i couldn't be bothered and left them as is. and now i'm used to them and they dun look too bad in my all black interior (lux).

there are a few options for you:
- wrap them in vinyl of your choice or spray paint them
- get the new silver trims from dealers (and prepared to get raped);
- get some trim kits from Japan via import agents. they are not cheap but they are stick on over those fake wood trims so you wont break anything.

Mate, his profile says 07 Lux... It's a RB1.

Philip Lee
29-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Mate, his profile says 07 Lux... It's a RB1.

oops.......

Homskie
30-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks to all who replied and sorry for my ignorance on my own vehicle. I have a Odyssey 2007 Lux so its an RB1, thanks to evolution.

It would be interesting to know and see if anyone here actually has done it? pictures?

My interior looks exactly like this http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/1101/25623238.jpg

evolution
30-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Know of a person in Singapore who paid I think 1.5k to get new panels made in Silver

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/433127067_57c5e8ade5_o.jpg

Winno
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Ripped off big time then!

They clip off easily enough and any reputable automotive painter would do them for a couple of hundred $, or even less.

evolution
01-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Ripped off big time then!

They clip off easily enough and any reputable automotive painter would do them for a couple of hundred $, or even less.

Not really considering that new panels were made for all three rows. For the amount of fabrication I think it's alright, but is it worthwhile to go that option rather than spraying or wrapping is another matter. He might have thought wrapping the centre tray may look horrible? Maybe after respraying it will be easily scratched I don't know, but I agree it was expensive.

Philip Lee
02-12-2011, 09:30 AM
is that real aluminium???? if so that'll so cool!!

evolution
02-12-2011, 09:42 AM
No not made from Aluminum.

Homskie
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
That is really cool mate. But i reckon that's a rip off.

I probably need to defer my plan of customising my trim and just tell my wife to live with it. Hehehe.

I'm considering it for future mod though. Anybody have a manual how to detach the trims?

Thanks.

AusAccord
02-12-2011, 02:16 PM
we have RB1 members around most of the State so its dead easy to remover all trims. no need a manual but just prepare to have clips broken. i have 2 broken for all 3 row trims including center table from brown to black

Winno
02-12-2011, 04:16 PM
But why make new ones that don't even look like they fit properly when a respray in automotive paint is a fraction of the price and they fit better?

An aquaintance of mine gets this done for his customers all the time. I know what I'm talking about.

evolution
02-12-2011, 07:49 PM
They fitted nicely when I saw them a few years ago.

Agreed that it is an expensive option, but I guess it was his choice and I never did ask him why.