PDA

View Full Version : eg headlights fit eh?

dc5r91
29-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to know do eg headlights and corner lights fit on a eh sedan

androo
29-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately the headlights will not fit properly. The corners will not fit at all. You need to get the correct headlights/corners.

The eh sedan headlights do fit on the eg though, but there will be a 1cm gap between the bumper and the headlight housing.

TheSaint
29-11-2011, 02:16 PM
EG8 and EG9 headlights do as they are both sedans

but normal hatch EG headlights will not as androo has said

chauster
29-11-2011, 06:48 PM
sorrry brauuu. sedan stuff dont fit on hatchback stuff for the front end of eg. bar is different too if you never realised.

VTec1987
29-11-2011, 06:49 PM
eg and eh headlights are the same, its the amber lights are different size, eh are longer then the eg

androo
29-11-2011, 07:06 PM
eg and eh headlights are the same, its the amber lights are different size, eh are longer then the eg

No, the sedan head lights get thinner as they get closer to the centre of the bumper. That's why the sedan head lights will fit the hatch but not the other way around. Here is an example on my old EG. I tried putting projectors on it from my friends sedan (which were perfect fit by the way) and found that while they 'bolted on' they did not fit perfectly towards the middle of the bumper.

My plan was to swap them over as my mate was selling his car. In the end once we bolted the hatch head lights on the sedan the bumper didn't want to go back on properly.

Please be 100% sure before you post or note that you aren't sure but you 'think' they are the same.

OP, hope that clarifies things for you.

VTec1987
29-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Dude, we are talking about OEM headlights, EG and Eh HEADLIGHTS are the same, ambers are different only

If you got proof the OEM headlights wont fit then post up pics, i fixed EG for many years now, Eh and Eg headlights are the same

We are talking about OEM headlights and your posting up aftermarket shit?

TheSaint
30-11-2011, 10:33 AM
they are generally listed under a different part number
but the fitment on just the headlight part are the same
there are some subtle differences - also depends if u get genuine or non genuine oem replacement

the corners, quarter panels, front bumper and bonnet are all very different tho lol

VTec1987
30-11-2011, 01:58 PM
they are generally listed under a different part number
but the fitment on just the headlight part are the same
there are some subtle differences - also depends if u get genuine or non genuine oem replacement

the corners, quarter panels, front bumper and bonnet are all very different tho lol

Thanks for confirming....