PDA

View Full Version : CEL issue, OBD1.

VTECANDY
02-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone,

got a jdm imported h22a prelude bb1, 1992 model. First started when driving along the highway, Check engine light (CEL) came on, n i ran a diagnostic with the old paper clip and code 1 kept flashing at me which is overheated O2 sensor. Just got a new bosch o2 sensor, since there was 1 black, 1 grey, and 2 white wires, not sure if the guy hooked the white wires up correctly, (does it matter???) also, the check engine light comes on more intermidently when i gun it, doesnt affect performance though... I am running a VAFC, any chance that the tune and settings may of reseted whilst at the mechanic when the battery was disconnected?? Because it idles low,and fluctuates bad. What else could it be?

Cheers

VTec1987
02-12-2011, 04:55 AM
You need to wire up the 02 sensor properly bro

should be 4 wires in total
1 02 signal
2 02 gnd
3 02 header power ( 12 v)
4 02 heater control

But since you have code 1, looks lyk its 02 sensor or o2 sensor gnd

It does affect performance when you have engine light, it goes on to limp mode( running rich to protect your motor)

VTECANDY
02-12-2011, 09:27 PM
how can you figure out joining the two white wires? are the two white wires:

-header power ( 12 v)
- 02 heater control

by any chance? It only happens if i floor it, otherwise it runs fine.. I was talking to someone, app honda dont like aftermarket O2 sensors.. Mine is a bosch 4 wire..

VTec1987
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Even though u engine light goes on after you drive the car, it already on limp mode.

Check ecu diy thread, this will help you